free hit
counters
How to remove this black grille? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

How to remove this black grille?

No screws. I noticed that some cars have them, but I guess after 2006? Are they glued? How to remove this black thing next to lights?

I need to buy new one or paint black matt the one I have.

IMG_20180728_141213.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hmm... not good then. I need to find a way to make it nice & black again.. I could try to tape everything around it and spray with black matt, but this is going to be a challenge and most likely - not perfect. 😕

There are products for this, and I think even olive oil works well! 

https://www.valetpro.eu/Exterior-Protection/84-/Black-To-The-Future

@Greg | ValetPro might be able to offer some more insight. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Black to the future will do a great job on this.  Oils can be used but sometimes these intensifies the issues as the oil ends up cooking the plastic surface in the sun.  

Black to the Future is designed for the job and should last 2+ months before reapplication is required.  If you do try please let me know what you think.

Photo shows an example of treated plastic before and after.

Results.jpg

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM
On 06/08/2018 at 20:08, Malcolm Feth said:

Awesome, thank you for a tip! I will definitely try and show you before & after photos.

it is worth trying before I go into painting mess 😀

I would never paint plastic unless they have been chemically stained.  From what I can see in the photos a product like Black to the Future will work a treat.  If your near Newhaven your be welcome to pop in and see us at ValetPRO and we can give you a demo.  Working hours only.

• Like 2

All the Best

Greg

That's OK, Thank you @Greg | ValetPro for the offer.

I ordered it straight away and it should arrive today.... I need to wash and wax my car anyway this weekend. Perfect timing.