free hit
counters
Jaeger clock internals - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jaeger clock internals

Hi everybody,

It might be a psychological problem but I want to make sure I did all I could to resuscitate my digital clock. 

I have a good electronically inclined friend who accepted to help me out. Can you help me help him!

I have a burnt resistor and diode and I need a picture of the internal of a similar version clock. It seem Jaeger and VDO made different circuit boards along the way.

The pictures show the components I want to identify.

I have searched the forum and pictures coming up are of the other type of circuitry. A schematic would be ideal but I have searched the web in the past without any success. 

I know there is two 5$ solutions out there, the LCD way and the few components to hopefully fix it.

Thanks for your help.

WP_20180728_001.jpg

WP_20180728_002.jpg

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could create a schematic easily enough, it is a single sided board, and the chip is just a bog standard hex inverter, but finding out why it went that way first is essential. It could be fixed I am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone please?

Work is going on, reverse engineering, so far the components checked are working as designed but getting the values or picture of the burnt parts would help a lot.

I know winter would be better for that kind of request but I'm sure someone has a u/s clock around.

Tx

Something I learned about cars or planes, it all works until it doesn't anymore...sometime there is no way around it!