free hit
counters
Import Lotus Elise S1 to New Zealand - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Import Lotus Elise S1 to New Zealand

Hi guys,

I’m from Germany and owner of a Lotus Elise (1998, RHD) since 2008 (imported from UK). 

Next year I'm going l move to New Zealand and would like to take my Elise with me.
Does anyone of you have experience with the import of vehicles, especially Lotus?

It seems to be possible to import the car with a European COC.

Does the car have to be 100% original or which changes are critical in NZ?

Nevertheless, after reading many internet pages, I have still a long list of questions.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Dirk - Only noticed just noticed your post. Shouldn't be too much of an issue as the car is Right Hand Drive. Where about's in New Zealand are you moving to? If Auckland, I can recommend shippers and people to get the car through the New Zealand registration process.

Feel free to PM me with questions and I'll do my best to answer them -Or give you contact details of people who can.

On 08/08/2018 at 20:34, dil001 said:
Hi guys,

I’m from Germany and owner of a Lotus Elise (1998, RHD) since 2008 (imported from UK). 

Next year I'm going l move to New Zealand and would like to take my Elise with me.
Does anyone of you have experience with the import of vehicles, especially Lotus?

It seems to be possible to import the car with a European COC.

Does the car have to be 100% original or which changes are critical in NZ?

Nevertheless, after reading many internet pages, I have still a long list of questions.

Kind regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk

Im just going through this at the moment with a 2006 111R, they are quite strict on euro 4  compliance (so check this before you import it) ,  im also having fun with the breaks on the version i have as they are not origional.  other wise its not to bad,  send me an email and ill put you in touch with the guy who helped me with the euro 4 issues.