Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 120 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

3 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Just shows a good car at the right price will sell quickly. Well done. 

My car wanted for nothing.  The last service was over £1000 sorting out a few niggles just a week or so before it was sold.  

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi All, I am also looking for an Evora S, preferably manual. If anyone is considering selling please let me know! I can't find any nice ones for sale anywhere!

Thank you,

Tom

Question 

what year did the Evora S came into production because I’m seeing 2014-15 models still at the 270bhp and not supercharged 

I thought after a certain year they was all supercharged but I’m guessing I’m wrong to think that 

The NA and the S were two different models that were sold alongside each other for a few years.  So yes, you were wrong to think that lol..

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I don't suppose anyone knows this car? 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911064100350?advertising-location=at_cars&is-quick-search=TRUE&postcode=EN65JL&model=EVORA&sort=price-asc&page=1&make=LOTUS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertClassification=standard

From what I can work out, it was also for sale in a Welsh dealership 100 miles previously. Not sure how long ago....

I love the colour but it's rather aggressively priced sadly!

Edited by Reindeer

Interesting with the aluminium ICE / Fascia panels. Looks superb. I really thought the textured black/grey ones in the post MY12 cars looked shite in comparison 

That is one lovely looking S1 Evora, sadly, I don't know it though.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

It looks like the Empire Green one which was for sale back in 2015  at Lotus Silverstone at the same time as I bought my Essex Blue one. 
If it’s the car I’m thinking of it will be one of the very last S1 models made as part of a limited run in, what was then, “unique” colours with subtle changes to interior trim levels, albeit using up old trim stock.

Thanks Paul. Really helpful.

It looks lovely but something just doesn't feel right about it if that makes sense!

Wheres the engine cover gone? Why do the brake discs look like they've been at the bottom of the ocean? Whys it moving around the country between auction houses and dealers..

The search continues!

Passed both it's MOT's in Aug 2018 and July 2019 with no advisories but only did 2k miles in the year between them and only c250 miles since that MOT in July 2019 - so it's been standing around somewhere for a year hence the coroded brake discs and wheel nuts. However, the car does look superb and very clean inside and out. I'd be making a cheeky offer around £34k for that.

The car was previously for sale at one of those "supermarket" type of operations so probably taken in as PX against a £German" car and then has not sold, so eventually been moved on by the trade via auction.

A good inspection from a trusted independent might unearth a gem. Certainly one of the classiest colour combo's I've ever seen for an S1 Evora.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Reindeer said:

Thanks Paul. Really helpful.

It looks lovely but something just doesn't feel right about it if that makes sense!

Wheres the engine cover gone? Why do the brake discs look like they've been at the bottom of the ocean? Whys it moving around the country between auction houses and dealers..

The search continues!

Later/run out models didn’t have an engine cover, brake discs will show surface rust if washed and not driven.

Your last point would also be a concern to me though. 

i enquired about that one a year ago - the dealer selling it told me it has evidence of being in a rear end accident, hence missing engine cover

construction and property consultants : My company

21 minutes ago, Beady said:

i enquired about that one a year ago - the dealer selling it told me it has evidence of being in a rear end accident, hence missing engine cover

Why would the selling dealer tell you that and then not follow through with more facts/information re what, when, etc?  

• Like 1

I think the missing engine cover is likely one of JMG cost cutting/weight saving changes. I bought mine new in 2015 and it didn't have one either, but a Chrome Orange S for sale from the same dealer did, so I asked if that could be put on mine instead! I'm a big fan of the Toyota engine but it's not a pretty one to look at!

• Like 1

Like mentioned the engine cover was deleted in 2014, the elise also suffered the same fate in 2016, the car looks fantastic and one of the best colour combinations out there. No parts have come from old stock like as been mentioned. If you ordered all packs on a none SR car this is how they came full leather instead of leather and alcantara like on the SR and also came with silver fascia and trim instead of the black on the SR. This car would have been very expensive when new with every option ticked. 
and for that reason you don’t see many, especially on the used car market. If I was in the market for a late S1 this would be the first car i would view. 

• Like 1

It really does look in excellent condition, however it has been for sale for sometime.  It might have some accident history though the ad already notes its not been written off.  It also appears to have body coloured wing mirrors, which, as an 'S' it should not have.  I'm not sure about the interior trim being standard on non-SR, I really did think they changed away from that trim with MY12 updates.  The alcantara bit - sure that was part of the SR spec.  It may be that a previous owner has simply made it look more early S1?  For me, those styling differences actually put me off (over other examples), but they wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I'd definitely be looking at this, in the flesh the colour is superb, subject to inspection I think a cheeky £33/£34k offer would come from me.  If I were in the market!

54 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

If you ordered all packs on a none SR car this is how they came full leather instead of leather and alcantara like on the SR and also came with silver fascia and trim instead of the black on the SR. This car would have been very expensive when new with every option ticked. 

The dark dash was introduced as standard fit for MY12 onwards. I think the silver alternative was available very late in S1 production.

Silver was a option on my 12 and standard fit on none S cars and then became standard in 2014 on none SR, premium packs cars.http://gglotus.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Product-News-AUGUST-2011-USA-2012-MY-Intro.pdf

• Like 1

The engine cover was deleted on later cars, JMG cost cutting as previously mentioned, you can tell because the bar it normally attaches to isn't there either!

Just goes to show that very few of us actually fully understand what is what!  Also, things like body colour mirrors could have been specc'ed like that from new, or, changed after delivery. As long as it is done properly not sure the issue.

Personally, I prefer the silver facia to the nasty looking dark tacky one they brought in.  If I was in the market right now I would be all over this car, more so if it was an NA! :)  As a couple of us have said, around £34k and jobs a good un.

• Like 1