free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 153 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I have @C8RKHs

Infact mine is so noisy my wife doesn't like going in it because it "Gives me a headache".

Mine often tells me she has a headache, mainly in the evening ... Never thought it was due to the Evora 😁

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, rallyesax said:

Mine often tells me she has a headache, mainly in the evening ... Never thought it was due to the Evora 😁

It isn't

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Looks as if B&C have sold my Evora S as it has gone off their stock list and pistonheads . Hope that who has bought it will enjoy it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ASP123 said:

Does anyone know the car with plate EV14 ORA?

The previous (or current) owner is (or used to be) on TLF. Well, the plate was certainly listed for sale back in January:

Unfortunately, the ad itself is no longer current so I can’t tell you who listed it. However, @Bibs might be able to help out. 

The chap who advertised the plate wasn't a forum member by the looks, just used the classifieds. The plate sounds like it's on a new car now anyway as he sold it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Anyone thinking of selling their 400 or gt410?

Oh, can’t be black though 😂 

• Gold FFM

A Sports Racer will be a MY12 with all the packs. The earlier models won’t have the MY12 improvements and won’t necessarily have all of the packs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

A Sports Racer will be a MY12 with all the packs. The earlier models won’t have the MY12 improvements and won’t necessarily have all of the packs. 

Apart from the packs what are the improvements made? 

9 minutes ago, Celica said:

I do remember skim reading the first link before but will sit down tomorrow for a good read, kids have worn me out lol

I’ve just had a quick look through the ‘definitive buyers guide’ link and it’s not actually as definitive about the MY12 changes as it could be. It doesn’t cover a lot of them yet, unfortunately. (Where is a @JAWSwhen you need one, eh? 😉)

The second document is a classic case of Lotus printing something then not actually putting in on the cars. As one example, I don’t think that I’ve ever seen one of those supposed MY12 ‘pistol grip’ gearshift knobs on an actual car. AFAIK, all MY12 cars got the polished aluminium ball type gear knobs (which are really good, BTW). There are numerous other examples in that document as well. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Alu ball gear knob, cr gearbox. Bi-xenons, Fancy heated seats with piping on the leather, suede Tex dash and roof liner. Better build quality in general (definitely having been in both). Valved sports exhaust. Gear cables updated, door pins gone, improved door handles inside, stereo change, black pack, easier access battery door, 20/19" forged alloys, I believe the diffuser is slightly different, updated rear suspension to the same as the S.

Lots of these were updates for MY12+ but I think most built in that period were SR.

Think that's about it.

Edited by TdM

5 minutes ago, TdM said:

Lots of these were updates for MY12+ but I think most built in that period were SR.

The 'MY12' improvements were introduced in full late 2011. I ordered my S in Feb 2012 and it was delivered in Sept 2012 around the same time the SR's became available on the forecourts.