Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

That car @ B&C is amazing value and looks stunning, had a peek today, here's a teaser shot ;)

image.jpeg

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, IPS with red interior. I believe it was a Lotus engineering owned car so the new owner will be the 2nd owner on log book.

• Like 2

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

On 23/01/2016 at 18:51, internets said:

That car @ B&C is amazing value and looks stunning, had a peek today, here's a teaser shot ;)

Going Going .... Gone...not long at all ;) 

• Like 1

Yours?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

No not me, although was tempted a little ;)

B@C have also just sold a blue SR which they only had in a few weeks, as Stuart says good cars don't hang around long especially from the main dealers it seems :) 

• Gold FFM

Despite the high mileage that IPS S was a steal.  I'm not surprised someone's taken it that quickly.

When I first saw the ad, my heart sank as I thought prices had suddenly dived - but the mileage seems to make sense - but as others have said, it'll be nicely run in and any snags will be fully sorted.

I'm impressed how relatively stable prices are to be honest :)

• Like 1

Until the prices of the variants come within 2k ish of each other I can't see the prices dropping. So N/A to s, s to sr, sr to 400 etc. If there is no pressure squeezing the price down form models above them then they should hold fast. 

No. All will be revealed by the new owner when he/she is ready.

I have bought a car this week though to add to my fleet. But not a Lotus shock horror. But it is 54 years old.

• Like 1

Dave.

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

There are very, very few cars that are worth of 50% of retail coming up to 7 years old. Evoras have held their value very well. Prices on launch editions haven't shifted for 3-4 years!! 

Bibs, you are right but sometimes I feel there are people out tgere who just wanna see prices drop. Can't understand the mentality and all Evora's are usually cracking value compared to other cars. You don't see Porker owners chasing down values do you? And some Boxsters and 911s are much worse for depreciation. As long as Lotus owners/ enthusiasts do tgat the marque will under perform against its often inferior rivals.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Think you've got wrong end of stick, Bibs IS supported Evora.... He's saying there aren't many OTHER cars that hold as much value as Evora... ;)

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Sorry Lee but you are wrong. Read again ("Bibs you are right, but sometimes I feel there are people out there...") So how does that point to Bibs wanting to shout prices down...???? He isn't PEOPLE OUT THERE he is Bibs who I said was right!!!!!!!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I'm expecting normal  mileage Evora's to stayt broadly flat on last years prices based on the adverts I am seeing. let's face it, great cars, low supply versus increasing demand as people see these cars for what they are = stable prices +

It amazes me how NSX (great cars that they are) prices are rocketing yet the Evora is a far superior car in every way. I really do think they are keepers unless you upgrade to a newer model and spec, including the 400.

I don't see any Evora apart from the 400 taking a heavy depreciation hit in the coming year to be honest, and with the 400 only because it's a new model and not exactly selling like hot cakes. (Not that any Evora ever has)

The NSX is definitely doing silly money now, but you have to look at how long it's taken for them to get there. When I went to buy one years ago there were loads under £20k, no chance in hell of that now.Years and years of people talking about what brilliant drivers cars they are have finally made them ultra desirable, and I suspect the same will happen with the Evora. Look at the TVR Sagaris, only a few years ago you could get one in the £30k bracket, now you're looking at £50-60k plus.

Not sure why (ex) Lotus Newcastle / Sliverlink cars are still advertising an Evora S on PH and eBay they sold over 6 months ago! It was cheap then and not helping now!

I see a few of the main dealers lopping money off of their 400 stock (just over £3k at MMC, under £3k at B&C), makes me wonder if Lotus themselves are going to quietly drop the price of the car to try and boost sales?