free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 216 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2015 NA are super rare. Personally, I'd buy an earlier car for early £30s rather than spend £45k+. It makes the Sport 410 at £54k that Silverstone had for ages look a total bargain - which it was.

Justin

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

"Please note this is a sale or return car on behalf on a customer, so car is sold as seen"

If you're buying it from a dealership, I'm sure you're covered under the Sales & Supply of Goods Act making that statement nonsense and not legally correct whatever they say in the advert. 

I initially thought the same especially if you walked into the showroom and saw it - there’s no obvious disclaimer on show even though it’s very clear from the advert what the position is.  It would be interesting to know who deals with the money side of things.  Either way it could be messy and the paperwork is where the devil will be.

A mate of mine had a terrible experience with a car he was selling for c£30k.  He eventually sold it through a dealership on a similar basis.  The engine up blew up within hours of the buyer taking delivery .  Sale of goods act applied so the buyer got his money back in full and my mate got the car back basically as a write off - the dealer hadn’t taken ownership of the car so it wasn’t his problem.  

Had my pal have sold it directly he wouldn’t have been in that position, albeit he might have had a worse fate befall him.

Chaps,

I have some information for anyone considering this car, it’s all good, it’s my old car which I traded in at Hoffmans’s for my 400 in May 2020, I had it for 2 enjoyable years.

When in my ownership I would say it was probably one of the best N/A’s available, when I traded it in of course.The only thing I would note is that the rear has been debadged for some reason ? 

I fitted the carbon door handles which IMO lift the cabin nicely, in fact having moved house recently I found the originals which anyone on here can have if you want them.

One thing that isn’t mentioned (I’m sure the invoice was with the paperwork) however is that I had focal speakers and dynamite type soundproofing installed, and it did indeed prove a significant improvement over the sound of the standard set up even keeping the standard Head unit.

I also had the wheels refurbished just prior to me swapping.

Reading this back sounds like I have an interest in the car now but I assure you I haven’t, just thought I’d contribute to the great forum we have by giving as much information as possible. Pretty sure the current owner isn’t on here. The sold as seen seems strange at a Lotus dealer to me, I think quite a few of Lotus Silverstone cars are sale or return and expect they come with a warranty.

It’s top end pricing and is significantly more than when I swapped, but the 400’s have increased quite a bit as well.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

Phill

Edited by Phillv6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

I believe, from having bought and sold through dealers, they are responsible if something goes wrong. They sold it, no matter what the paperwork said.

Both garages I dealt with said the same thing.

5 hours ago, Phillv6 said:

I think quite a few of Lotus Silverstone cars are sale or return and expect they come with a warranty.

I bought mine through Silverstone. In fact, it was owned by a forum member and I recommended Silverstone to them for an SoR sale. The car was prepped by Silverstone, delivered to me at the Lotus Festival by the amazing Aimee having pulled out all the stops to get it ready in time and I got a 12 month warranty and a trackday which was epic. All the time the car was still officially owned by the now PO but all my dealing were with Silverstone directly. Couldn't have been a better experience.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

6 hours ago, Phaeton91 said:

Good man for contributing the background.  Me thinks that you may still be a little bit in love with your ex though 😉

Well your probably right there, however I’m MORE in love with my 400 👌

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Presumably the TPMS was working at the previous MOT as there was no advisory?   As Rambo says, it should sell quickly. Suppose he is expecting a first edition Emira.

16 hours ago, Benny90210 said:

Looks to be quite competitively priced for a low mileage example  https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208188906897

You don’t see many with the turbine wheels. Great price considering the mileage.

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

You don’t see many with the turbine wheels. Great price considering the mileage.

Almost worth buying for those wheels. I’ve always regretted not picking up a set.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1