free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 218 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Aaaaand, back on topic please :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

6 hours ago, Celica said:

I was just looking at photos and strange how some have a watermark stating “image property of Autotrader”. 
I’m wandering if Autotrader used to have watermarks and these are old saved down photos? 

Yeah that does seem a bit strange, I cant see that water mark on any other adverts on Autotrader. I wonder why they would use older photo's? 

14 hours ago, Wake said:

Just saw this one at Hofmann’s. The GT410 Sports seem to be softening a little bit didn’t feel like long ago they were £75k minimum.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13851928?utm_source=pistonheads&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=saved search

At this price point I’m tempted to ditch my Emira deposit. 

Why don't you? It makes much more sense to me. And think of that £2k+ 1st year road tax you will save 🤔

It's a no brainer to me

• Gold FFM

Note that Hoffman's are no longer official dealers so they can't offer a Lotus warranty and also probably want to offload Lotus stock now, hence the price drop. Could be a good opportunity to grab it at a good price.

Have these been flagged up? - two newish adverts on PH:

Aquamarine / Oyster with black pack: https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13851879, looks like a good price

Low mileage white LE: https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13875424, bit more expensive but low mileage and looks excellent

White one rather overpriced IMO - LEs aren’t specifically desirable (many also came with the long ratio box) and mileage I would say is average rather than low.

Given a straight choice I’d take the aquamarine one!

Edited by jerzybondov

• Gold FFM

@jerzybondov that was my feeling too about the price of the white one, especially as I'm the owner of a Launch Edition on just a smidgeon over half the mileage, plus the passenger airbag cover on the white one has warped so knock off nearly £1k from the word go.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM

I like aquamarine, I like Oyster interior, I like the black pack... I for some reason don't seem to like all of those together. To my eye it looks a bit too busy. Normally I would definitely want the roof black but perhaps this colour combo is the one time I would keep it in colour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Markindevon said:

@EuropaSman - good spot on the blasted airbag cover on the LE!  

It's the first picture I've seen of an Aqua with the lower black pack (I don't particularly like the black roof) and I'm still quite tempted to do that for mine...

I think the black top and bottom looks good on the aqua 

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

It just needs silver wheels. Will look good then.

Black wheels are hard to photograph well. I think the combo works, although agree above the aqua, oyster and black is maybe too much. 

• Gold FFM

20220415_084422.jpg

Sorry, but I do like aquamarine with silver wheels. It is one of the colours that doesn't suit the black pack, like...errrrrr black!

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

10 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

White one rather overpriced IMO - LEs aren’t specifically desirable (many also came with the long ratio box) and mileage I would say is average rather than low.

The White one makes mine the best investment I ever made even though my mileage is up a bit on that, and will tbh only keep going up as its too good not to be used. Also not sure how relevant that becomes with these cars after a while as long as the servicing has been kept on top of..

The long box "issue" is in my a tad view overstated, with it the car operates as a brilliant GT covering miles effortlessly and relatively economically and is still epic fun on track.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cdco said:

The long box "issue" is in my a tad view overstated, with it the car operates as a brilliant GT covering miles effortlessly and relatively economically and is still epic fun on track.

Totally agree with that too. For me it makes a launch edition with the long ratio gearbox very sought after

Interesting chat around the black pack on aquamarine with oyster. I think it looks great and was considering updating mine but it seems generally consensus is that original is best.

Added to the earlier chat regarding the blue SR that’s for sale reverting the rear wing to standard, would I be de-valuing or making resale more difficult if I were to add the black pack to my aquamarine? My Evora currently looks completely original - Thoughts appreciated.

• Like 1