free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 223 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 19/10/2022 at 19:16, exeterjeep said:

TVR Glen has some history in selling repairable Lotus'.Found earlier in this thread....

On 10/01/2018 at 11:42, internets said:

There is a guy on eBay and PistonHeads called TVR Glen who sells damaged cars and will repair them 'up to paint' for an additional cost which tend to be around £20k plus the cost of the repairs, then paint etc.

TVRGlen? Run away. Quickly. 

Knocked down at £15280 by Synetiq.

Cheapest Evora in the UK, but probably no ECU knowing that mob 🤣

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

At what they are asking for that car it simply doesn’t make sense to buy. It’ll always be cat listed - the repairs won’t be cheap. And there’s some lovely cars about at £28k 

• Like 1

Only here once

There was a nice looking grey with paprika interior 2+0, albeit a Cat D last year and was sold c.£24k having spoken to the owner who sold it 

i would imagine there are some pricey parts to pick up for this one. Although a project for someone 

from memory there was a damaged red one for similar money not long ago, which was similar money. Assume it sold

Some folk don't want to borrow money to buy a car but can't quite afford the dream sports car of choice. They're happy to repair/restore a less than fine example. 

This happens a lot with older Lotus. I'm consistently amazed at distressed wedges that sell easily for strong money given they need more than the final value to get right. This is particularly true with Excel.

Personally I wouldn't touch a significantly damaged Evora but I understand why they sell. At least it is saved and hopefully used and enjoyed.

Justin

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
  • Gold FFM

There’s two cars now at the cheap end. £25200 and £26000.

The tvr Glen car is £18795. It needs.

headlight - £900

bumper - £1200

front clam - £1200

paint - £800

No Labour in there and you are at £22895 - and I’m sure there’s plenty of other issues on that car. You would have to be insane to think of buying it

Only here once

• Gold FFM

TVR Glen has also listed the Cat N Evora on Pistonheads at a lower price.

Screenshot_20221023-095612_Chrome.jpg

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

39 minutes ago, jep said:

Semi-auto? Is the clutch on the way out and he only uses 3rd gear? 🙂

I really don’t get half of what’s going on the web these days.  There are businesses / business models that don’t stack up.  This seller has 100s of cars listed.  No details against either just a description saying they are busy and to email - which is dodgy in itself. It’s under the name of a camper retailer but there is no feedback at all about car sales - only minimal feedback on what look like meaningless purchases.

The car itself is low mileage and the MOT history is tidy. However the collection of photos are strange - wouldn’t you generally take the pictures at the same time and place?  The same applies to all the other cars. Would a seller not generally take the pictures from the same location?

I don’t know whether this is an aggregator business model or just an agent of some sort, or even a scam or a front.  Either way I’m sceptical that it is a reliable reference point to establishing current market values.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The black 2015 Evora ad on Ebay has gone. I wonder if it has been taken down by Ebay?

The ads for TVR Glen's Cat N Evora on Ebay and Pistonheads have gone too. Maybe this one has sold? It would have been a good basis for a race car or non-road legal track day car. 

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Why don't traders fix popped airbags? That's a near £1k fix if done properly. Some stations may fail MOT as it's clear airbag compromised.

I'd be asking a load of questions before looking at that one. 

Justin 

2 hours ago, madmax said:

Is that airbag sitting proud the thing everyone says is a nightmare job to fix or does that one seem ok?

yes, that's that problem.  It should fit flush

10 hours ago, jep said:

Why don't traders fix popped airbags? That's a near £1k fix if done properly. Some stations may fail MOT as it's clear airbag compromised.

I'd be asking a load of questions before looking at that one. 

Justin 

Well I think you'd be really unlucky to have an MOT station fail it as it's the trim only, the airbag itself and the remaining metal cover are all in the right place so the airbag and deployment aren't impaired. When buying not everyone new to Evora's are that worried , I was coming from an S2 Elise so the interior raise cover or is a huge improvement and your still getting a lot of your car for the money.

After talking to the guys I bought  my car from they'd prefer to knock some off the price if it's mentioned as the job is a bugger to do, I know I've done mine. The parts themselves are a few quid but there 's no guarantee it will be much better or stay that way for long so they might end up on the hook to fix it again.

I've found this out with mine just replacing the plastic clips doesn't always fully cure it. The foam and leather combo used appears to have a bit of a memory hence why mines coming back out again this winter and will spend some time in the airing cupboard between some heavy books or similar whilst I try and make if forget...

• Like 2

Has 700 + cars newly listed on ebay, looks dodgy loads with the same prices. The actual company website only has 3-5 cars for sale.

32 minutes ago, jep said:

Same car, same seller, listing was removed most likely by EBay earlier this week. 

I think the description shouts 'Beware'.

Justin 

Yes, this car is on Facebook for about 41k

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/786980379186801/

Edited by mcdonaa
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Benny90210 said:

Link not linked to anything. Page removed? Another EBay scam?