Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Link no work but if it's the yellow 400 at west over... Very

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

West over car.... (Reg AU65BXG is listed on their own website)

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

No, it's a exPress car, see above video for example

Not sure what you mean about Press Cars, they want for nothing and are very well looked after!

Lotus have a specific (and very large, think 10+ car) workshop and team dedicated to looking after just the press fleet on pretty much a no expense spared basis. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I don't think there will be a used sports car in existence that hasn't been driven hard though Stu, or at least there shouldn't be, or the owners have been doing it wrong. (Or are full of shit trying to get the sale!) :D

I know 4 owners of the 6 'Press' Evoras I've had an none of them have had any problems due to the cars being driven hard and I could get through a set of rears in 3 months. None of them were sold for bargain prices either. Perhaps it's a perception of a perception that doesn't really exist. 

If you have a car like this and don't drive it as hard as anyone else, journalist or not, you're not trying hard enough. They're meant for having fun in. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I understand all that is being said but the simple fact is press cars are always cheaper. If the majority of people walk in to a showroom and 2 cars are there of similar mileage and age and one is an ex press car the associated stigma will invariably lead to it not being the one a person buys. Hence them being cheaper. That's all I'm saying. 

I saw this on the isf forum as one example when exactly this happend. It was ex press car priced the same as equivalents and sat around until the price was dropped. 

Maybe that was because it was an ISF Stu, not exactly fly off the shelf do they anyway and a very specific type of buyer? Neither do Evora's I know but I think it is less of an issue with Lotus than Lexus. 1 observed example, another brand too, does not make the rule in any way.

I'd rather have an ex Lotus press car that's been well maintained than:

a). A dealer demo - not all dealers are good, I'm lucky MMC is very good, I hear very good things about a few others like Silverstone, B&C etc too, but not all

b). A car that was bought by an owner and returned within a year - heaven knows if it was run in properly, tracked, blasted from cold etc.

Sometimes you can worry too much and over think stuff I believe. Cars are not what they were 15-20 years ago yet people still buy like they were....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

19 hours ago, Bibs said:

Not sure what you mean about Press Cars, they want for nothing and are very well looked after!

Lotus have a specific (and very large, think 10+ car) workshop and team dedicated to looking after just the press fleet on pretty much a no expense spared basis. 

I've seen you drive Bibs, I think Stuno1's point is valid:lol:

I believe Lotus change the plates once you give them back, as well as remove and burn the driver's seat:P

These guys are ****ing hilarious, how long have they had this car up for sale now?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/2013-lotus-evora-v6-s-345-bhp-2-0-sports-racer-and-tech-packs/4021094?v=b

It's had more price changes than I've owned cars. And I've owned a lot of cars. Love the new addition to the text - "Reduced to Sell. Be Quick!"

Yes, reduced from the stupid inflated price you put on it the LAST time you hiked it up from its current price of £39,999. How do traders like this even manage to run a business???

On 2/13/2016 at 18:14, C8RKH said:

Maybe that was because it was an ISF Stu, not exactly fly off the shelf do they anyway and a very specific type of buyer? Neither do Evora's I know but I think it is less of an issue with Lotus than Lexus. 1 observed example, another brand too, does not make the rule in any way.

I'd rather have an ex Lotus press car that's been well maintained than:

a). A dealer demo - not all dealers are good, I'm lucky MMC is very good, I hear very good things about a few others like Silverstone, B&C etc too, but not all

b). A car that was bought by an owner and returned within a year - heaven knows if it was run in properly, tracked, blasted from cold etc.

Sometimes you can worry too much and over think stuff I believe. Cars are not what they were 15-20 years ago yet people still buy like they were....

I bought an ex press car. The metallic orange IPS S that also appeared in a couple of TV shows. It clearly wanted for nothing - was serviced every six months and came with every option ticked. I've driven it for 18 months and its been flawless. Just superbly built and not a single rattle or squeak. Brilliant vehicle. 

Been thinking of selling recently to move into something bigger, and have been looking into values from dealers and private sales as a result. It didn't command a lower price when I bought it from Lotus Silverstone, I've put about 8k miles on it and those values remain the same today as they were then. No one seems to care that it was an ex-press car for the reasons above. If anything  - they appreciate how well its been looked after. 

• Like 1