free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 100 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin G

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/2016-lotus-evora-400-ips-blue-andamp-orange-edition-summer-sale--save-2000/9831558

Sub £55k ips  400 if you can live with the gulf colours although you maybe able to remove the stripes. This one has dropped a good few thousand over the last few months. 

Edited by marcfair

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 11/09/2019 at 18:25, andyj007 said:

i like black but never owned one..  every time ive gone to view one, its just too easy to see all the general wear and tear, scratches etc.. plus they never seemed cleaned properly...  

there is at least two previous cars (not lotus mind) that i was set to buy, only they poorly presented which put me off.. 

i think if detailed and presented properly i would have had them..   

I had a Subaru WRX in black years ago and said never again, however I picked up my Exige in black...I had it detailed and only had it washed by the same detailing guy...probably cost me £600 initially and then £50 thereafter every month or two but it looked amazing!

Would have looked even better had I sealed my garage when we first moved in rather than the dust magnet place it is now!

The Evora I am getting is a dark colour again (Audi Merlin Purple) so will probably need the same care and attention as the Exige did.

Each to their own, but just sad to see dark colours with poor paintwork from bad washes, swirls etc...

Black does not allow the black pack to do its job of making the Evora look more slim and sleek.

Black/dark cars and non black pack cars (especially to the younger generation) look alot less super car and therefore more difficult to sell.

Edited by Registered

2 hours ago, marcfair said:

if you can live with the gulf colours although you maybe able to remove the stripes.

I’m pretty sure those stripes were painted on at the factory. 

I think the Gulf one looks very good.  Love the stripes on it too.  Just not to sure about the body colour roof.

This and Bosshogs 410 at £60k must be the best value buys at the moment.

Edited by Registered

46 minutes ago, Registered said:

I think the Gulf one looks very good.  Love the stripes on it too.  Just not to sure about the body colour roof.

This and Bosshogs 410 at £60k must be the best value buys at the moment.

Do you have a link to Bosshogs car, can't seem to find it.

Ok found it.

M.

Edited by MadMick

Nice clean MOT history for the last few years too, bar the usual ARB minor. New clutch to boot. Advert is terrible and "withdrawn from sale to repair some paint work" may warrant a few questions...but still...could be a bargain.

Morning all 

I have been reading the Evora threads with interest for a while, excellent source of positive Lotus chat!  I have been looking at the 400 currently at Leven Lotus, do any of you know the car or have any comments on what should be looked at specifically on this car?

Cheers

Iain 

9 minutes ago, Macdoug said:

Morning all 

I have been reading the Evora threads with interest for a while, excellent source of positive Lotus chat!  I have been looking at the 400 currently at Leven Lotus, do any of you know the car or have any comments on what should be looked at specifically on this car?

Cheers

Iain 

Can't help Iain but that red alcantara interior 😍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gin_Man said:

Can't help Iain but that red alcantara interior 😍

Is actually very nice in the flesh :P:P

Looks like it has been sitting unsold since April or so and before that it was maybe at Silverstone Lotus.  Looks fantastic and sorely tempted though wonder why it has been for sale for so long at two dealers?

Interior is really nice place to be.

Was interested in this but did not manage to finalise a deal. There is a deal to be done if anyone is truly interested.

Ad ended but car was still available this morning.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-S-GTE-fast-show-car-R8-911-GTR-porsche-McLaren-/123901310519?hash=item1cd917f637%3Ag%3AEg0AAOSwrm5ddVYm&nma=true&si=0Penb0jGpXFIDjLoUxPkJ1xCoi4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

M.

Evora.jpg

Evora2.jpg

1 hour ago, Goatboy said:

This car has been around for a while but price has just dropped. 

Cheapest S I can find...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201905248291318?atmobcid=soc3

I went to look at this one but didn’t bother driving it... it looks a bit tired and unloved. I don’t think the dealer had put much effort into it at all. Still - very cheap for an S

• Sad 1

I’ve split all of the posts about MadMick’s new toy into their own thread:

Is the extra cost of a 400 worth it over an S if you have never owned an evora?  Or really driven either?

14 hours ago, LotusFella said:

Is the extra cost of a 400 worth it over an S if you have never owned an evora?  Or really driven either?

Perspnal choice really. I prefer the S1 looks and the interior and a late car would be my choice over any 400/410. On the other hand the latest gt 410/430 is a real looker imo. I could even live with the interior 🙂

Drive the S and the 400 and see if it feels different enough to justify the extra cost. There is a difference in feel on the road. The S1 is a softer ride over the 400. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Yes. For me anyway. Faster, lighter, the more aggressive looks and the best bit for me are the bigger brakes, for driving characteristics the 400 is a jump up from the S.