free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 109 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I was at Lotus Silverstone a couple of months ago and remember seeing a white Evora. Wasn't it claimed to be putting out 300bhp (due to engine mods)?

Anyway, if it is the same car that you are referring to, then yes, I'm pretty sure that I've seen it on here somewhere. But you might have to do some sleuthing through the 'Evora Picture' thread (and elsewhere) in order to find it.

Otherwise, why not just call Silverstone and ask them what happened to the car? If you can get a reg number, it could help to speed up your search.

They had another white one at the same time, but it's the std one with the 'tan' interior that particularly interested me (and hopefully no-one else). I am under the impression it did not sell and the owner had it back. Hence I would like to get in touch with them. I'm not sure how the regn. number would help?

2 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Its definitely not a MY12 build. Door pins are a giveaway.

Ah, it is purported to be MY12. Can you please explain your observation as I thought the steering wheel looked like MY12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Ah, it is purported to be MY12. Can you please explain your observation as I thought the steering wheel looked like MY12.

It may well have been registered in 2012, but not a 'full MY12' spec. Some of the MY12 changes were introduced gradually before the full raft of changes were announced so it could well have the later steering wheel. It also has the 2012 spec battery cover, as the earlier ones had carpet over the battery recess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

If you can get at its VIN (visible in windscreen), you can decode a few bits of information from that, in particular, its model year.

https://www.edmunds.com/how-to/how-to-quickly-decode-your-vin.html

The door pins and locking mechanism is a good giveaway though, as suggested above.  Mine was damn near silent when locking.

You've also got a change to the quality of the leather used, as well as the stitching I believe; but I guess you need a side by side comparison on that one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jep said:

Probably the best interior of any Lotus to date. For me Lotus need to back track a little, it just looks pure class tan leather on every surface.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Probably the best interior of any Lotus to date. For me Lotus need to back track a little, it just looks like pure class tan leather on every surface.

I like it. I have cocobolo leather in my 2010 but mixed with black. I prefer a mix of an interesting tone with a wave of a more neutral hue. 

My Excel has blue leather with black instrument pod and grey tweed seat faces with blue stitching. Heaven. 

The full tan, including the plastic trims in matching colour, is as OTT as the wonderful Essex Esprit red cabin. 

Justin 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arregueti said:

Some (early) MY 12s do have door pins...

Ah, now I get it. You mean door locking pins. So the later cars had no pins. Good to know, but still not definitive. All 2012 cars I've seen advertised have pins, even a couple of 2013. 2014, hmm, not sure about that, but it's certainly not clear cut. Looks like there was a gradual change over from pre MY12 until eventually they presumably all have the later bits.

As a matter of interest, can the cars with pins be changed to the later locks?

None of the above is a deal breaker and it all just depends on the car. So first of all I need to track down the owner. Still no word on that. 🙁

44 minutes ago, jep said:

I like it. I have cocobolo leather in my 2010 but mixed with black. I prefer a mix of an interesting tone with a wave of a more neutral hue. 

My Excel has blue leather with black instrument pod and grey tweed seat faces with blue stitching. Heaven. 

The full tan, including the plastic trims in matching colour, is as OTT as the wonderful Essex Esprit red cabin. 

Justin 

 

I'm torn between the full tan and a mix with black. Both can be very attractive and so it will all come down to the rest of the car. Plus, I probably need to sell my SL500 first. None of this is being helped by the current difficulties we all face with COVID-19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

The full tan cabin would be a lovely place to self-isolate.

Justin 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jep said:

Stunning car, not a common colour which I like a lot, the interior is superb makes later Evora’s look cheap. The only thing missing on this car for me are the optional 19/20 diamond cut alloys.

0DDDA9A8-3B0D-4EDD-A879-C93C4F24C15C.jpeg

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eUKenGB said:

Ah, now I get it. You mean door locking pins. So the later cars had no pins. Good to know, but still not definitive. All 2012 cars I've seen advertised have pins, even a couple of 2013.

There are quite a few MY11 cars which weren’t registered until 2012 or even 2013. Don’t confuse these cars with actual MY12 cars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my two girls sat in the one at silverstone when I bought my 'S' SR back in November. It was as mint as it looked and really was lovely but old english white and tan leather were just a bit too grown up for me.  I've kept an eye on it as it deserves a good home.  It's not on the previously sold cars section of the Silverstone website so I guess has been taken back by its owner until the zombie apocalypse is over.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Arregueti said:

Some (early) MY 12s do have door pins.

4A64D902-915F-4111-88BE-E768E30D8527.jpeg

?? The diagram shows the original lock pins, and a big orange X to show these are no longer used for the MY12 onward models.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

?? The diagram shows the original lock pins, and a big orange X to show these are no longer used for the MY12 onward models.

Yup, the difference between Model Year and first year of registration. As explained a couple of posts earlier some MY11 cars were not first registered till 2012 or even 2013, so will be sold as "12" or "13" cars but will be pre MY12!

25 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

?? The diagram shows the original lock pins, and a big orange X to show these are no longer used for the MY12 onward models.

Yup, the difference between Model Year and first year of registration. As explained a couple of posts earlier some MY11 cars were not first registered till 2012 or even 2013, so will be sold as "12" or "13" cars but will be pre MY12!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

I am glad my 2010 (MY11?) Evora has both door sill button (Lotus handbook words for the pin on top of the door card) and the central door locking switch (CDL) which is in fact a button on the dashboard...……..as the CDL don't always work on mine and the pin (door sill button) is rather useful in such circumstances. It is also attractive in a good way but on the downside, attractive to thieves in a bad way.

Perhaps someone will start a TLF register for Evora with door sill buttons. 😉

Justin

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Stunning car, not a common colour which I like a lot, the interior is superb makes later Evora’s look cheap. The only thing missing on this car for me are the optional 19/20 diamond cut alloys.

0DDDA9A8-3B0D-4EDD-A879-C93C4F24C15C.jpeg

Funny you should show this. If I get a white car, I will vinyl wrap it in a dark silver (3M gloss anthracite) like the above as that is possibly my favourite Evora colour.

Or maybe red? Damn, now I'm confused again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tim_marra said:

?? The diagram shows the original lock pins, and a big orange X to show these are no longer used for the MY12 onward models.

If you read the text at the top of the page to the right of the picture,, which is a supplement to the MY 12 owner’s manual, it says that this was a change through MY12. I showed too the first page of the manual, where  it says MY 12. I.e. the supplement and change is subsequent to MY12 being introduced. They even provided the VIN as from which the change is effective, as you can see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yup, the difference between Model Year and first year of registration. As explained a couple of posts earlier some MY11 cars were not first registered till 2012 or even 2013, so will be sold as "12" or "13" cars but will be pre MY12!

Yes, having worked in the motor industry I am aware of the difference between model year and year of first registration. Unfortunately most 'sellers' are not, or pretend not to be, depending on what suits them.

However, the issue here with MY12 changes is that there was obviously a changeover period when some cars had a mixture of old and new. The white car I've mentioned has pre MY12 door pins, but a MY12 steering wheel.

Since the differences are not major (and e.g. the steering wheel can be updated later) I guess it's not too important what is the MY of a car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Funny you should show this. If I get a white car, I will vinyl wrap it in a dark silver (3M gloss anthracite) like the above as that is possibly my favourite Evora colour.

Or maybe red? Damn, now I'm confused again.

Looks carbon grey to me, the best Evora colour and the one the designers thought worked best on early Evora. 

Justin

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

NB I think another pre-MY12 car (an S) registered in 2013 this time, has just popped up on the e-bay thread on here. The “full” MY12 spec was quite a rare beast, before the Sports Racer appeared. I think Snoopy on here has one in a Munich.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Why not look for the colour you want, rather than wrap a white one?

The chances of finding the right body colour AND interior AND all the rest is slim. So if all is correct except the body colour, then wrapping is the simplest option. Besides, I've not tried wrapping a car before. I've wrapped motorcycle parts, but not a whole car. How hard can it be? 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

If you read the text at the top of the page to the right of the picture,, which is a supplement to the MY 12 owner’s manual, it says that this was a change through MY12. I showed too the first page of the manual, where  it says MY 12. I.e. the supplement and change is subsequent to MY12 being introduced. They even provided the VIN as from which the change is effective, as you can see.

Yeah, I can see that now :)

14 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

NB I think another pre-MY12 car (an S) registered in 2013 this time, has just popped up on the e-bay thread on here. The “full” MY12 spec was quite a rare beast, before the Sports Racer appeared. I think Snoopy on here has one in a Munich.

Mine is a 'full MY12' ordered and built during 2012, one of a handful due to the factory lockdown when Bahar had been relieved of his duties. The SR spec appeared about the same time as I collected my car (Sept 2012)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jep said:

Looks carbon grey to me, the best Evora colour and the one the designers thought worked best on early Evora. 

Justin

0AE40BEF-2BF2-45F6-AEA7-7C16842B389D.jpeg.c7b0dcb7f3ad0c0b376b23b0eb4e51a7.jpeg

Carbon grey....Evora Launch Edition = perfection 😘

😂 Dave 

  • Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...