free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 111 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Be wary of the accuracy of information, even on here (which tends to be the most accurate). The deletion of the door pins was never planned to be a MY12 change and was introduced a few months later. As for MY12 changes happening at different times, this is absolute nonsense too. All production planned changes were done in an accurate and efficient manner. Bruss/Bravo73's was pretty much the last MY11 Evora before Lotus moved to MY12 and made all the updates in one hit. 

Other points brought up. The Evora sports exhaust (blue tipped) was never part of the sport pack and was a stand alone option (as stamped with "track only") that could only be fitted after the car was PTS.d. The sports pack simply added titanium tips to the standard exhaust and were the same colour as the standard stainless steel ones (i.e not blue) 

Also the CR gearbox was never part of the sports pack and was also a stand alone option up until MY12, when it was then standardised. 

It seems odd that a lot of mis information gathers more momentum than accurate info. I've read so much dross over the 10 years of Evora ownership, and feel like I'm a broken record repeating accurate stuff. I read a while back someone stated the Evora interior door handles are from the Honda Civic, just looking at the difference in size surely highlights the stupidity of this. Still didn't stop Absolute Lotus Magazine putting it in print. 😂

Thanks for clearing the sports exhaust ( blue tipped) point up.I believe it was a expensive option and that’s why you don’t see on many cars. 👍

• Gold FFM

I think the whole MY12 thing is confused somewhat by the number of pre MY12 production cars that were registered later, some much later @JAWS, and are often referred to as MY12 spec incorrectly.

I'm also surprised re the exhaust TIPS comment unless I have miss read it.

Titanium tips were part of the sports pack, non titanium was standard, was it not? That's why the sport ones go blue?

I do accept that the full titanium exhaust was a high cost option hence the highlighted item on the Techwiki quote.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Picture of the standard NA sports pack exhaust that was fitted to my car from new and the sports exhaust ( Blue tipped) option exhaust on all Evora’s that I fitted to my Evora.

D99C3411-47FC-4FD1-9F88-EF362900EEA5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Picture of the standard NA sports pack exhaust that was fitted to my car from new and the sports exhaust ( Blue tipped) option exhaust on all Evora’s that I fitted to my Evora.

D99C3411-47FC-4FD1-9F88-EF362900EEA5.jpeg

Well my NA must have been upgraded then as the tips were those on the right. Used to love the "petrol blue" colour effect on them.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I think the whole MY12 thing is confused somewhat by the number of pre MY12 production cars that were registered later, some much later @JAWS, and are often referred to as MY12 spec incorrectly.

I'm also surprised re the exhaust TIPS comment unless I have miss read it.

Titanium tips were part of the sports pack, non titanium was standard, was it not? That's why the sport ones go blue?

I do accept that the full titanium exhaust was a high cost option hence the highlighted item on the Techwiki quote.

I don't understand why you're confused. The exhaust options are quite clearly spelt out on the SelocWiki you linked. 

https://wiki.seloc.org/a/Exhausts_-_Evora

Also, the titanium tips on the sports pack exhaust don't go blue, that is a finish put on by the manufacturer. 10 years and 40k miles can testify to that.

What may blow your mind is, I have the Stage 1 Sports exhaust (blue tip one) but transfered my sport pack titanium tips to it (all inter changeable) as I'm not a fan of the blue ones. 😱

• Gold FFM

Ok think wires are getting crossed here. I was quite adamant that the blue tips came with the sports pack. Scotty then took us on to the Titanium sports exhaust as an expensive option and showed a "sports pack exhaust" with no blue tips which contradicts what I thought was correct...... I posted the Techwiki to try to clear it up.

I'm not surprised at you not having the blue tips given the colour scheme of your car. 

??? 

@scotty435 photo above shows exactly what I am saying. It shows the Sport pack silencer with titanium tips (visually and mechanically identical to the standard one that has stainless steel tips) on the left of the photo and the light weight optional Stage 1 Sports silencer with blue tips on the right of the photo. 

He hasn't once mentioned or shown a photo of the full titanium silencer that is optional on the current GT410/430 range that has a pig's snout. That I assume you are referring too? 

• Like 1

With the collective knowledge on here, if anywhere, I think we're best placed to produce a definition and complete buyers guide that we can refer prospective owners to and use for reference ourselves. New topic is here...

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

OK, I being thick. Not a problem. Often happens.

What I was saying (incorrectly) was that I thought the one on the right was the one that came with the sport pack, the one on the left was the standard NA exhaust. Hence my confusion as my NA car had the one on the right which I was "told" by the dealer was the sports pack exhaust. Hence my confusion but all cleared up now.

6 hours ago, JAWS said:

Be wary of the accuracy of information, even on here (which tends to be the most accurate). The deletion of the door pins was never planned to be a MY12 change and was introduced a few months later. As for MY12 changes happening at different times, this is absolute nonsense too. All production planned changes were done in an accurate and efficient manner.

I read a while back someone stated the Evora interior door handles are from the Honda Civic, just looking at the difference in size surely highlights the stupidity of this. Still didn't stop Absolute Lotus Magazine putting it in print. 😂

All good info. So a genuine MY12 car could have door pins. Which does explain some of the confusion.

As for Lotus using Honda parts - highly unlikely in any case as Honda do not as a general rule supply parts to any other manufacturer of any sort.

• Like 1

@scotty435 Thanks for sharing your exhaust comparison picture above; would I be correct in saying that the polished pipe at the bottom right of the picture is effectively replaces the third cat? I have a 2010 Evora that still has the third cat and would be interested to know where you sourced de-cat pipe and what the cost was?  

If you do order make sure you order the right one the rotation on the exhaust flange changed on later models.

BCF63528-D7DE-4530-B00E-64BF07792247.png

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Greido said:

Many thanks @scotty435

The NA and S have a different flange rotation as well 

2 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

All good info. So a genuine MY12 car could have door pins. Which does explain some of the confusion.

They do indeed - mine had pins and was a MY12 registered in early 2012

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I’m confused - what’s mine then🤪

seems a lovely car and not lacking really. The sat nav is crap - but then it is 11 years old 

Only here once

Sat Nav can easily be changed to something much better (Apple CarPlay/Android)

• Like 1
On 08/04/2020 at 15:15, scotty435 said:

The NA and S have a different flange rotation as well 

Gratuitous use of the word 'flange' 😉

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
On 08/04/2020 at 11:40, C8RKH said:

OK, I being thick. Not a problem. Often happens.

What I was saying (incorrectly) was that I thought the one on the right was the one that came with the sport pack, the one on the left was the standard NA exhaust. Hence my confusion as my NA car had the one on the right which I was "told" by the dealer was the sports pack exhaust. Hence my confusion but all cleared up now.

HI Andy @C8RKH,

If it helps, I can categorically tell you that your N/A had the Lotus "aftermarket" Sports exhaust by Janspeed on it, not the Sportspack exhaust.

• Love 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, Colin P said:

HI Andy @C8RKH,

If it helps, I can categorically tell you that your N/A had the Lotus "aftermarket" Sports exhaust by Janspeed on it, not the Sportspack exhaust.

Perfect. Thanks Colin. Loved that car. Still miss it.

On 17/01/2016 at 03:57, C8RKH said:

We may see like with the Elise that prices actually rise in a few years........

From your lips to driver's and collectors' ears..........

It's been clear (to me at least!) that  the  Evora needs to be discontinued for it to become better appreciated and command greater value.  I hope Lotus supports the line with good parts supply as will befit such a veteran.  I bank on human nature taking care of the rest, making what is no longer available appear more desirable. After all, any well found Evora is already a desirable ride.    All assuming a less chaotic and that IC engined sports cars remain relevant.  If the market for entertaining cars remains  as we have known it the Evora range is likely to enjoy solid market pricing with later cars commanding the most.  The Evora is the rare case of a car (mostly) improving over time.   

In the end, who knows?  Predictions recently got an order of magnitude fuzzier.  

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT