free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 112 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

• Gold FFM

I don't see a time in the next 20 years when IC cars will not be on our roads. I do agree, the Evora will be a "legacy" car in the future.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I’m struggling to see a time when I won’t have a Lotus ICE vehicle in my garage @C8RKH. But as you know electric is the future 👍💪

• Sad 1

Only here once

Looking to upgrade to a 400 or early 410 when we get to the other side of the covid 19 crisis.This 400 as took my interest seems good value, low on miles, colour i am sure not to everyone’s taste but for me being a Motorsport enthusiast I love the Gulf colour scheme the only thing I am not sure about it’s a auto, should this put me off ?As anyone have any additional information on this 400 and would be interested on your thoughts on the auto situation.

AA754FAE-5C12-424F-8772-D9311C85059E.png

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs I was going to post a piston heads link of the car, but for some reason but for some reasons the last few weeks the forum as not allowed me to post links, is it some wrong I am doing or something on your side any help would be much appreciated.

What happens when you try to post a link that's stopping you? I obvs just posted that youtube link which it automatically embedded just fine. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Using a iPad never been a problem in the past, copy the link then write my post then press the link and nothing happens, could be a problem with my iPad?

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Looking to upgrade to a 400 or early 410 when we get to the other side of the covid 19 crisis.This 400 as took my interest seems good value, low on miles, colour i am sure not to everyone’s taste but for me being a Motorsport enthusiast I love the Gulf colour scheme the only thing I am not sure about it’s a auto, should this put me off ?As anyone have any additional information on this 400 and would be interested on your thoughts on the auto situation.

I believe that that car has been for sale for a wee while, I may be wrong. The only thing that could put me off it is the stripes are, I believe, painted, so not removable easily.

I certainly would not be put off it being an Auto. I have spent many miles following @Colin P's car around the Isle of Man, it's a green 400 Auto. It goes like stink. It sounds immense. And his auto throttle blips make him look and sound like an F1 professional.

It's a superb car if you like the colour scheme (which you would seem to) and it's a great price and probably some wiggle room to.  I wouldn't hesitate if I was you. A lot of car and performance for £50k.  Does it have the orange stitching inside? If so, that would seal the deal for me. - just checked it does have the orange stitching :)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@scotty435, send me a PM with a link in it. We'll leave this thread alone. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I believe that that car has been for sale for a wee while, I may be wrong. The only thing that could put me off it is the stripes are, I believe, painted, so not removable easily.

I certainly would not be put off it being an Auto. I have spent many miles following @Colin P's car around the Isle of Man, it's a green 400 Auto. It goes like stink. It sounds immense. And his auto throttle blips make him look and sound like an F1 professional.

It's a superb car if you like the colour scheme (which you would seem to) and it's a great price and probably some wiggle room to.  I wouldn't hesitate if I was you. A lot of car and performance for £50k.  Does it have the orange stitching inside? If so, that would seal the deal for me.

Yes it as orange stitching which looks great. A guy on the forum last year brought a similar car sure he was from down south, Cornwall I believe, just wondering if it’s the same car?

• Gold FFM

Ah, could have been, hence me thinking it was for sale for a while. Either way, at 12k miles, and I reckon you could do a deal for say £48.5k (Covid discount) that would be one hell of a purchase.

Oh, and no need to worry in the future re the clutch!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

I agree with @C8RKH in all he says (in the post above 😉). I would haggle hard on that one, as it is a colour scheme that may be hard to shift if you are a seller.

I was very iffy about auto Evora but I had not driven one, so pure prejudice as I thought lack of dual-clutch would make it annoying. I then drove one courtesy of B&C and was hugely impressed. It is a car next on my list 'to buy'. I would probably favour a manual if it was my only car/only weekend toy but in terms of being a very well sorted set-up, I would have no concerns about an auto Evora. Ideally, drive one first.

Justin

• Like 2

This 410 seems to be a great price, not sure if I could stretch this far as it’s a crash buy. But it’s going to be few months down the road before the market opens up again so could be a possibility and a possible 10k difference from the 400. You’re thoughts please and anyone know this car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-410-sport/10395414

Both look like great cars, must say the yellow 410 is the choice if funds permitted and you don’t mind be chased by bugs! Remember having a Yellow Elan and it was a magnet for Wasps/Bees but worth it as easily the best colour combo.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

AA754FAE-5C12-424F-8772-D9311C85059E.png

I’m pretty sure this is the same car that was for sale with Howard’s last summer. I test drove it before I bought my 400. It was nice but I didn’t Personally like the colour combo and I’d already had an auto in my sports racer so wanted manual this time. It was up for 58k last summer. I was hoping the stripes could be removed but they were painted I was told as someone else mentioned 

there was a weird fault on the test drive where it wouldn’t let me use the paddles in some situations but Howard’s promised it was an easy fix - didn’t pursue this of course as I found an alternative car  

Edited by 62dave
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I'm biased of course and think the 410 Sport is just wonderful. That yellow and black combo looks magnifique!  

It is slightly harsher on the suspension, definitely and it does "hunt the camber" a tad more.  But I promise you when you at that yellow one close up, and see how it absolutely drips with carbon, beautifully, wonderfully made carbon, your knees will buckle.  The carbon on the 410 Sport really makes a McLaren look plain lol.....

You do need to drive it though. I love the carbon buckets, but some people do not get on with them. The 410 is like Johnny Number 5 - IT's ALIVE!  And 3 seconds a lap at Hethel faster than the 400, so around 7-8 seconds faster than an S... :)

Outside of a GT430 (which is faster still) nothing else from Lotus has the volume of carbon the 410Sport has and of course it has, with the GT430, the lightest of all Lotus wheels.

Did I say I was biased...... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm biased of course and think the 410 Sport is just wonderful. That yellow and black combo looks magnifique!  

It is slightly harsher on the suspension, definitely and it does "hunt the camber" a tad more.  But I promise you when you at that yellow one close up, and see how it absolutely drips with carbon, beautifully, wonderfully made carbon, your knees will buckle.  The carbon on the 410 Sport really makes a McLaren look plain lol.....

You do need to drive it though. I love the carbon buckets, but some people do not get on with them. The 410 is like Johnny Number 5 - IT's ALIVE!  And 3 seconds a lap at Hethel faster than the 400, so around 7-8 seconds faster than an S... :)

Outside of a GT430 (which is faster still) nothing else from Lotus has the volume of carbon the 410Sport has and of course it has, with the GT430, the lightest of all Lotus wheels.

Did I say I was biased...... ;)

Hi Andy i did own a Cup 250 before the Evora and I believe as the same Carbon seats and I did struggle with them occasionally but not enough to be a deal breaker, the recliner brackets help a lot I believe sure you can confirm this. The cars looks great value with the amount of miles it’s covered, love the colour and all the carbon is just amazing, never liked the 410 stripes down the sides on brighter colours, they look much better on darker colour cars. I believe they are a transfer and not painted on is that correct?

• Gold FFM

Yes, 410 side stripes and the Evora410 badge on the rear haunch are all just transfers.  I'm getting rid of them from my car/

You could buy that 410Sport, stick on the Ohlins and get the KT475 upgrade for half the price of a GT430. Just saying...

25 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yes, 410 side stripes and the Evora410 badge on the rear haunch are all just transfers.  I'm getting rid of them from my car/

You could buy that 410Sport, stick on the Ohlins and get the KT475 upgrade for half the price of a GT430. Just saying...

Sure 410 will be fast enough for me coming from NA, happy it’s not just me that don’t like the side stripes 👍

That Dick Lovett car has been for sale for many months.  Strange that it's not so popular, as its design was based on a poll, but even though I toy with moving to a -400,  I've never been that interested in it (mainly due to auto, perhaps).

On 16/04/2020 at 14:58, scotty435 said:

This 410 seems to be a great price, not sure if I could stretch this far as it’s a crash buy. But it’s going to be few months down the road before the market opens up again so could be a possibility and a possible 10k difference from the 400. You’re thoughts please and anyone know this car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-410-sport/10395414

If you’re thinking of a yellow 410, @bosshog might be willing to listen to offers on this:

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-410-with-rare-sparco-seats/

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

If you’re thinking of a yellow 410, @bosshog might be willing to listen to offers on this:

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/evora-410-with-rare-sparco-seats/

Will send him a pm 👍

What are thoughts around having Lotus exhausts v's aftermarket exhausts these days?  When I bought my 2011 Evora S back in 2012 I had a Larini exhaust & decat pipe fitted.  I was recently talking to a Lotus dealership about selling the car and they mentioned that they would want to fit a Lotus exhaust on it, so they could sell it as standard with a Lotus warranty.  I get their thinking (and I do still have the exhaust it came with) but I can't helping feeling like I'm going to be paying to re-fit the old exhaust, only for a new owner to potentially then want to put something more sporty (like a Larini) on it?  Do a lot of people stick with the standard exhausts on the S1 Evora, for some reason I thought upgrading was pretty common?