free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 114 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

• Gold FFM

@TdM what is the mileage? I paid 28k for my 50,000 miler in 2018 with a 1 year warranty. 2010 car. 

I think Scott at Bell and Colvill ordered this as stock in that colour. 

Gearknob is wrong...a common switch for some bizarre reason. 

Check the windows close properly and flush.

It may have long-ratio gearbox, some like others don't. Close ratio is my preferred and standard from 2011 onwards.

Justin  

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

Thanks Jep, it's at @ 38k miles so not too bad. Is there any way to find out which box before driving it? Maybe ask Lotus?

6 minutes ago, TdM said:

Thanks Jep, it's at @ 38k miles so not too bad. Is there any way to find out which box before driving it? Maybe ask Lotus?

DVLA show emissions at 224g which sounds like it might be CR?

• Gold FFM

all in 6th gear

Standard

1850rpm - 70mph

2150/2200rpm - 80mph

Sports

2850rpm - 80mph

2500rpm - 70mph

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

More info here, on this thread if I have got the link correct.

Justin

PS. This is the text from part of that thread if the link does not get you there: Get into top gear, and see if the road speed is 27.5 mph per 1000 rpm (CR), or 37.5mph (original cars, but not given to the road testers).   So at 2,000 rpm, either 55mph or 75mph.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jep said:

More info here, on this thread if I have got the link correct.

Justin

PS. This is the text from part of that thread if the link does not get you there: Get into top gear, and see if the road speed is 27.5 mph per 1000 rpm (CR), or 37.5mph (original cars, but not given to the road testers).   So at 2,000 rpm, either 55mph or 75mph.   

Thanks guys. I'll see when I drive it and do some investigation on the issues with the CR box as well. I really like the colour and spec and it looks like a nice car so if it's totally clean then I'm not worried too much about the price, bottom to top of good condition early NA cars is about a £3k spread so I feel that it's ok as long as it offers what I want and is a solid car...

• Like 1

Advice I got before buying my 2010 last year was to budget for a new clutch if it hasn't been done. It appears that the example you are looking at has been done recently; depending on where you get the clutch replaced, that's almost £3k you'll potentially be saving so I'd say that if you're happy with the car, price and and spec you should probably go for it.  

Edited by Bibs
20 hours ago, pete said:

Strong money?

Look, I know we're all owners and are desperate to defend the pricing and keep it high, but anyone who thinks we're gonna come out of this with the same prices when we're facing the greatest economic crisis in 80 years is nuts - especially in the sports car market.

I'm re-listing mine again soon, and I'm hopeful it won't take a massive bath. There's already a 400 for sub-£50k at a dealer which is the cheapest I've seen for quite a while, then there's a decent looking LE for £24,695:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-launch-edition--p-x-early-esprit/10539093

Since the car has sold must have been right price

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

You cannot use the newer 400s as a comparison as they are still depreciating. Evoras have only really recently dipped below the 30k mark. The current covid situation will make not a fat lot of difference to the lower end prices but those sat in newer ones will feel a hit for sure

• Like 2

Only here once

1 hour ago, MattyB said:

Look, I know we're all owners and are desperate to defend the pricing and keep it high, but anyone who thinks we're gonna come out of this with the same prices when we're facing the greatest economic crisis in 80 years is nuts - especially in the sports car market.

I'm re-listing mine again soon, and I'm hopeful it won't take a massive bath. There's already a 400 for sub-£50k at a dealer which is the cheapest I've seen for quite a while, then there's a decent looking LE for £24,695:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-launch-edition--p-x-early-esprit/10539093

The thing with the Evora as well is that it's not *really* competing with anything. It's a niche car with a group of buyers who generally only want that specific car that supports prices even through troubles. Not saying prices will totally hold but cars are expensive and crap investments anyway!

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

This ^^^

Second hand there are probably around a dozen Evora's sold each year, 20 absolute tops. They are normally bought by people who specifically "want" an Evora and are prepared to wait for the right car (colour, spec, price). These people will always be around.

Every now and then you get the odd prospective owner who is looking for a "bargain". The prices will come down for sure, for old ones and new ones, but I don't think they'll crash due to the very small numbers of transactions per year.

It's like when people complain house prices are going down - it's only an issue for the owner if you need to sell.

@MattyB - for every owner talking up the price there's a prospective buyer talking it down. Nothing changes...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

A well respected dealer once told me that many Evora's don't appear for sale. Some dealers have buyers waiting and the right cars change hands without advertising.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

A well respected dealer once told me that many Evora's don't appear for sale. Some dealers have buyers waiting and the right cars change hands without advertising.

Yup. Murray's in Edinburgh and Craig Moncreiff always had (MMC) and have (CM) people on their books looking.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

There will probably be more owners who need a quick sale though, to free up some cash, whereas many of the currently listed second hand cars have been for sale for ages. Presumably there has been no great urgency to sell these by the owner/dealer. That may change. But I agree we’re talking about a small pool of sellers and buyers, so CV-19 may well have less affect on prices than on other more ubiquitous marques.

Just a quick reminder: if you have an Evora to sell, please list it on the free classifieds site, (not on this thread):

https://www.lotusforsale.com

Every listing on there automatically gets its own thread over ‘here’ anyway:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/192-lotusforsalecom-latest-ads/

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

That may change. But I agree we’re talking about a small pool of sellers and buyers, so CV-19 may well have less affect on prices than on other more ubiquitous marques.

Hmmm..

* door slams - quickly runs up the stairs to apply for a business interruption loan and searches for a Noble on autotrader *

Only here once

On 16/05/2020 at 14:44, TdM said:

Thanks guys. I'll see when I drive it and do some investigation on the issues with the CR box as well. I really like the colour and spec and it looks like a nice car so if it's totally clean then I'm not worried too much about the price, bottom to top of good condition early NA cars is about a £3k spread so I feel that it's ok as long as it offers what I want and is a solid car...

So update, the car was nice, it drove really nicely. The problem is that someone took the mirror off my current car so my part ex is now in the garage (with a long waiting list for to Covid). Wasn't willing to risk guaranteed purchase after fix promise due to the current situation so will wait for it to be fixed.

A bit gutted and annoyed at the person who hit my parked car and drove off just as I found something I like but life goes on. Feels like another miss on my Evora search. Luck not on my side so far...

• Gold FFM

Could you not just drop the price of your px based on the cost to fix - that would seem fair all around and you'd not be out of the pocket as would have needed to pay for the fix anyway?

7 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Could you not just drop the price of your px based on the cost to fix - that would seem fair all around and you'd not be out of the pocket as would have needed to pay for the fix anyway?

It's actually an insurance job as 'taking the mirror off' also involved driving up the side of the car. We discussed various options including them fixing it but it's not really happening unfortunately.

To be fair, both sides tried everything fair.

• Gold FFM

OK, just was hoping to see you in an Evora!  :)

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

OK, just was hoping to see you in an Evora!  :)

Me too mate, me too. Maybe it'll still be there in a few weeks

Will they not hold it for a couple of weeks with a deposit?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

8 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Will they not hold it for a couple of weeks with a deposit?

Apparently not Bibs. I did say I was willing to put down a larger deposit to hold it but not willing to good it for weeks. 

• Sad 1
  • Gold FFM

What you want is a nice grey one with low miles in Worcestershire 😂

Only here once