free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 119 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

On 14/07/2020 at 12:22, Nathan Pitman said:

@PaulCP Personally I'd ditch the wing and then nab a carbon 410 engine cover off eBay to replace it. Job done and will look epic.

I am in the market and that wing has put me right off.  I hate the thought of holes eith grommets etc

• Gold FFM

Get £3k knocked off the price, use the money you saved to buy a new carbon ducktail -voila, a bargain! I bet someone would also buy that hatch and wing off you too so you'd get another £1k back.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I think that Daytona blue Evora 400 with the KT460 kit was at the Lotus Silverstone open day on Saturday. Looked like it hadn’t been used much recently. The quality of the extra c/f bits was very poor. The rear wing in particular was very uneven/wavy and not a patch on the OEM parts.

You know one's a manual and one isn't right? I'm sure you do but, it is usually a very one way or the other choice so worth pointing out!

The white one is like mine but with a supercharger strapped to it. Be aware, the white is very nice, very shiny and will require washing if you even look at it funny!

The auto seems very solid it theoretically saves you a few grand on a new clutch every once in a while.

Standard argument for manual applies (more interaction). I would drive both and see your preference. The manual is not the smoothest even with the better cables so drive one and see how you get on.

• Gold FFM

The manual is a bit clunky until you drive the car hard. You get used to the somewhat mechanical feel and sound of gear change in traffic, it is a rather charming characteristic of Evora. 

Once you are driving more vigorously, the gear change just melds with the entire engaging process of driving one the worlds most sublime sportscars. 

Justin 

I must be lucky with my 2010 (upgraded gear cables); the manual gearchange is great.

I'm still learning mine but it seems to get a lot better once the car has warmed through. I still stand by it's not the smoothest though. Not saying it's bad just depends on what you are coming from.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Compared to an Excel, the Evora gear-change ain't smooth. Excel though has probably the best gear-change of any car I have ever driven. 

As @TdM says, it depends what you are comparing with. Compared to an Alfa, Evora 'box is sheer heaven. 

I love the Evora gears by the way but I could see the view that some may find it challenging. 

Justin 

Yes, the gear change on mine also gets better when the car has warmed up. It's sometimes terrible in the winter and takes what feels like several seconds to coax into the next gear!

My 2010 NA gear change was excellent, no change of cables in it’s lifetime and i can honestly say it was on par with my new GT410sport.

Another thumbs up for a 2010 NA - original linkage and cables, just a real nice change.  It was owned by Lotus management for the 1st 3k miles so no doubt it was properly adjusted :)  Now on 33k miles and still love it after nearly 9 years.

10 hours ago, 122 said:

Yes, the gear change on mine also gets better when the car has warmed up. It's sometimes terrible in the winter and takes what feels like several seconds to coax into the next gear!

That's caused by fluid drag in the cold gearbox oil, I'd be getting it changed about now if I were you. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The gearbox oil has been changed; I don't think it improved noticeably afterwards.

It's definitely a characterful gearbox/change!

• Gold FFM

Some people must either have some shit cars or be a tad ham fisted with their manual gear changes. :sofa:

My 2010 NA reminded me of when I was in the cadets and used to fire the old .303 rifles - the gear change was like a rifle bolt - firm, direct, crisp

I've since moved to a 410 Sport Evora, and the gearchange is the same.  The only issue I have is trying to select first when coming to a stop - it really does not like first when the car is moving. And occassionally getting it into reverse.

When driving normally or hard, no issues what so ever, and I'm a shit driver! So any problems would be me, not the car. In fact, when I'm driving hard and banging away between 2nd, 3rd and 4th the gearchange is bloody great - just don't hesitate. Grab it and do it with conviction.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

So anyway, the outcome is @Rossi51 mileage may vary. Drive some and see what your opinion is. As I will say on every opinion piece ever, it's your opinion and experience that matters!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

My car sold on Friday to the first person to look at it.  I had a couple of people email me. 53k miles sports racer IPS sold close to my asking price.  I advertised on pistonheads

• Like 1
On 02/08/2020 at 09:08, blueg33 said:

My car sold on Friday to the first person to look at it.  I had a couple of people email me. 53k miles sports racer IPS sold close to my asking price.  I advertised on pistonheads

Expect to see a 400 popping and banging on downshifts around Evesham soon then ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501