free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 13 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin G

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2 calls from dealers tonight wanting to buy stock. Clearly they have buyers wanting sub £30k Evora.

would rather they didn't profit out of me and the next buyer tho, would rather do a deal to get someone keen into a fantastic ownership experience.

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The killer on £30k plus cars is that most new owners are also looking for finance of some sort. How do you get around that if not a dealer?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I'm sure most people would find it easier if it came with a warranty too when spending that kind of cash. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Meh. Even the "12 month" used dealer warranties are pish. I bought one with one and it covered naff all really. Waste of money to be honest. 

Now if Lotus offered a factory backed warranty, then that would be a different proposition.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

My recent problem with the GTE which required a replacement clutch master cylinder was covered by the dealers warranty. The GTE was only covered by Lotus Motorsport Warranty for 6 months which expired before i bought the car.

The whole process of making a claim was made easier with Craig Moncrieff's help as he handled the whole claim process for me.

• Like 2

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Hi Lee,

Who were the dealers who contacted you, can you PM with their details? I might be interested in selling my car to them. I don't know if I can be bothered with tyre kickers and people coming to my house. I would imagine they are approx. £4K under what being advertised?

Regards,

David Walters

Correct. £4K under. And they even sai they would advertise for £1-2k more. They are wanting £5-6k margin!! On a car that needs nothing.

will send a PM with their details.

Lee

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

I could guess who one of them may be - I am sure I saw a car for sale advertised privately that then went up for sale at a dealer.  Won't say too much as I don't have the reg to prove it, but the colour/spec was pretty rare and two of them being for sale in such a short space of time aroused suspicion.

@superdavelotus - If you are selling your car (see from your details it white) PM me details as white is one of my preferred colours.  I should be in a position to buy an Evora in mid June.  I can't promise but would be interested to see some details.

I have sold two cars now privately this year and agree about the thought of people coming around but in both cases the first person to turn up purchased/is purchasing the car.

• Like 1

Mine is reduced to £29,000 for bank holiday weekend.

now the lowest priced Evora on PH.

Grab a bargain in time for the summer to properly begin.

Are you trying to copy DFS marketing strategy :lol::lol:

where's the 4 years interest free finance :sofa:

I like the - you buy one - you get one free offer :lol:

Only here once

I can do that ;)

buy my life size Evora, I'll give you a model one too :lol:

• Like 2

:thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Thanks Bibs!! :lol:

3.5k people reached and almost 600 views on the in the last couple of hours. Any calls?

Evora NA

Nope.

Confused! What's wrong with the advert?

Nothing wrong with the advert, but this is still a lot more money than most people spend on a car and these cars are under-appreciated.

There will be somebody out there who really wants this bargain and can raise the cash, but a shame that there are probably many more people looking for something with a Porsche badge not knowing they're missing out.

Good advert. As above just need to wait for the right person. I was ready to pay 40k on a private sale so people are out there.

Go get a black pack wrap equivalent and it will sell quicker. 

I think in general,  when it comes to the Evora most will be looking for an S given its relative lardy weight. 

Edited by Evo400

Cocopops, you just need to wait....a buyer who wants to buy a yellow NA Evora will snap that up. 

Take it to Castle Combe tomorrow for the annual Club Lotus day  - loads of potential buyers and a good day out.

I'm there, and could put a for sale on mine for you to save the trip :)

• Like 1