free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 162 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
46 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

These are just vinyl Stickers so should come off with ease.  An old friend of mine works for this company and he has said they would remove it anyway.  I did think about it for myself.  But there are a few tatty spots like the leather steering wheel, and a few scuff spots on some edges of the car.  Not to much to fix but in the end I decided not for me.  But the price is good and It should sell.  Worth seeing if you want a 400 and one at best price in the market.  Services all carried out by Lotus main dealer Williams I believe.  

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.41.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-21 at 2.42.03 PM.jpeg

I remember the same place selling this not that long ago without the stickers; I’m surprised they’ve spent money to put on niche stickers alike 

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Celica said:

I remember the same place selling this not that long ago without the stickers; I’m surprised they’ve spent money to put on niche stickers alike 

I think this may have been due to the car not selling.  WHat's interesting prior to this the Evora's we dropping in price and it was still one of the cheaper ones. Prices are now growing again but price is still the same.  I also noticed that the forecourt price was £49k so not sure why the online price has been much lower.

13 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

This tron like look kinda growing on me each time I view the pictures ! 😀

I guess everyone had their preference but I would buy as it is very individual not going to see another ?

I can't say the vinyls are growing on me but you do have me thinking I'm being harsh.    If the car was red with a black pack or a brighter colour none of the issues would bother me at all.  

All the Best

Greg

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

But there are a few tatty spots like the leather steering wheel, and a few scuff spots on some edges of the car.

I think the car is great value at the price given the full dealer service history. However, what always bugs me/confuses me is why spend effort and money on the vinyls, when the car could have been put through a body shop for what, £200-£300, and the scratches tidied up. Then 15 minutes with a magic sponge and leather dye would make the steering wheel look like new. By doing that, you could still put it up for that price but the chances are it would be sold much quicker, or, you could bump the price up to say 49,750 to cover the repair costs and again it would sell quicker as a tidy car at a tidy price!  Just my observations.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

13 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

I think this may have been due to the car not selling.  WHat's interesting prior to this the Evora's we dropping in price and it was still one of the cheaper ones. Prices are now growing again but price is still the same.  I also noticed that the forecourt price was £49k so not sure why the online price has been much lower.

I can't say the vinyls are growing on me but you do have me thinking I'm being harsh.    If the car was red with a black pack or a brighter colour none of the issues would bother me at all.  

Next cheapest Greg is £52000. They are Way underselling it, even though it has some work to do. For me you would have to have £1500 to do the seats, £1000 for general tidy up inside, the sills, steering wheel etc all look a little tatty. Then as you point out there is another £1000 in paint (if done properly and blown in), especially if those wheels need redoing. Remove the stickers and I think its a goodun.

Based on that and ignoring what CAP says about virtually any car right now (I am selling Peugeots and Kia's at £1000 ahead of book as a minimum) but especially Lotus. I reckon £3-4k to get it lovely so £45 to 47500 would be a more realistic price. That being said. It is interesting for me to quickly flip.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, windymiller said:

and the best way of removing stickers is ? 🙄

I use a steamer like you use for removing wall paper.  This softens the Glue and the vinyl making it easier to lift off.  But I guess a hair drier would work to as suggested.  Will try that method myself next opportunity.

14 hours ago, r3nault said:

Hairdryer then they just peel off.

All the Best

Greg

I think with the cheaper end of 400's at £50k You could see later S and Sports Racers at around £40k which would leave S1 NA around £35k and launch Ed at £30-32.5k. I think that's the upper end TBH. 

• Like 2

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Feels quite hard to find a 400 that’s not in a dark colour. Seems like there are a fair amount of brighter coloured S’s and GT410s about but all the 400s seems to be either black, grey or silver! 

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Wake said:

Feels quite hard to find a 400 that’s not in a dark colour. Seems like there are a fair amount of brighter coloured S’s and GT410s about but all the 400s seems to be either black, grey or silver! 

I think many of the cars in brighter colours are with very happy owners.

I agree, a lot of 400s seem to be in the "german colours" of black, grey, silver and dull.

My fire red is anything but dull.

For me the best 400s were the Hethel ones. Great colour combos with the red interior especially.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

15 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I think many of the cars in brighter colours are with very happy owners.

I agree, a lot of 400s seem to be in the "german colours" of black, grey, silver and dull.

My fire red is anything but dull.

For me the best 400s were the Hethel ones. Great colour combos with the red interior especially.

I’m not a huge fan of the red interior, but I’m hopefully going to look at a black Hethel edition this week! 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Wake said:

I’m not a huge fan of the red interior, but I’m hopefully going to look at a black Hethel edition this week! 

Lol. It's the re that would draw me in, the black exterior tough, meh!

Each to their own! 👍

• Like 2

Same here, loved the red interior in my 400.  Black is soooooo boring ;) 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

5 hours ago, Wake said:

The upgraded red interior in my NA is lush. Matches the red exterior lovely jubbly!

@C8RKHis that a Sport Racer Interior?

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

is that a Sport Racer Interior?

It's actually Sports Premium iirc.the seats were brand new from Lotus. Not recovered. And Allon White sourced the matching venom red for the centre tunnel etc from Lotus own supplier.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

The upgraded red interior in my NA is lush. Matches the red exterior lovely jubbly!

@C8RKHis that a Sport Racer Interior?

I’m just not a fan of red leather to be honest, the Evora isn’t quite as bad as Porsche where every single thing possible is leather like this monstrosity- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102199263979

but it’s still a bit much for me. 

I do like the exterior to be a bit more ostentatious, which is why I’m finding it difficult to find an Evora at the moment with a lot of the 400s being a bit more subdued. 

• Gold FFM

Personally I wouldn’t choose a 400 or GT etc in a silver, white or black colour and no disrespect to current car owners but not my cup of tea ?

I just think the curvy and shaped lines of the Evora lends itself to much more brighter or bolder colours ? Like I say it’s just my preference 

17 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Personally I wouldn’t choose a 400 or GT etc in a silver, white or black colour and no disrespect to current car owners but not my cup of tea ?

I just think the curvy and shaped lines of the Evora lends itself to much more brighter or bolder colours ? Like I say it’s just my preference 

Oh absolutely. I must admit I have never owned any Lotus in "Shade of Grey" colours. And I mean no disrespect whatsoever to anyone who has a shade of Grey car, because if thats what you like then thats your choice! My cars were:

Esprit S4 in Red
Exige S in Yellow with Black Wheels
Excel in Pacific Blue with Beige Interior Leather
Now an Evora in Red with Black Kit and Wheels.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

That the one at Silverstone? Sure it will be fine but trying to keep a black car clean - meh, not for me. 

Essex blue is the way forward imo. 

20210418_083146.jpg

Yeah that’s the one. It looks lovely in that blue. I wish I could find one in blue/red/yellow! 

• Gold FFM
34 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

Actually, Lotus did a silver in the Evora 400 that looked superb. Signature Silver I think they called it. 

3 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Actually, Lotus did a silver in the Evora 400 that looked superb. Signature Silver I think they called it. 

Is that the one that @windymillergot that's got that "Gold" colour to it?