free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 176 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Just asking  laddies... Can alway go up to 10,200 miles😀.....love all that carbon. Was looking at the Carbon grey 410 sport (with all options added back in) on piston heads, which has  the option of the standard 410 carbon sport seats or the 400 seats for comfort, but these are not colour matched.  However did speak with a local company who can modify them, by re-stitching and adding in a panel so the colours  match. I was just not sure about the carbon grey colour of the 410 sport, hence my previous question about  a GT410 in a bright colour. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Spencer, Be good to get another lotus in the Exeter area, Hendy Honda on Marsh Barton are now Lotus dealers, and their building work has been approved and should be completed at about the same time as the Emira launch. They have a new GT410 (non sport) in stock. But it is not a bright colour. 

I went into see Jamie (very helpful) at Hendy  yesterday. I understand it will be the first new showroom standard format for Lotus in the UK.  The Green  GT410 with the Tan interior is  perfect and would love that one. He sent me a video to tempt me, but it’s to much, but did get me more focused on the GT410. 

That’s the one I have been looking at with the seat options I mentioned. Keep going hot and cold about it but seems good value. 
a question.  I understand the different body work, interior trim etc between the 410 sport (this has all the deleted items added back in) and the GT410 sport, but what if any is the difference under the skin between them as this is harder to find out. 

8 hours ago, Lotus-Alfa said:

I have up to £65k cash waiting for a car 

If you’ve got £65k burning a hole, why not just wait for the new Emira?

6 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

If you’ve got £65k burning a hole, why not just wait for the new Emira?

I doubt you will be able to get the 6cyl Emira for £65k at launch. 

I’m in a similar position and debating on waiting, but I’m not sure if I want wait what will probably be 12+ months until the cars are delivered  

3 hours ago, Wake said:

I doubt you will be able to get the 6cyl Emira for £65k at launch. 

I’m in a similar position and debating on waiting, but I’m not sure if I want wait what will probably be 12+ months until the cars are delivered  

I am hesitating partly because its probably worth waiting to see what the pricing will be, but also frankly what the car will be like in terms of look and feel. For sure it won’t be an Evora. It will probably be better  in most measurable ways, but I very much doubt it will feel as good. A bit like old vantage new vantage...do you want something raw with soul or more refined with tech. Personally I have the i8 for refinement and tech, so will probably go with latest Evora....but I do have that voice in my ear saying “ just wait and see first”

Edited by Lotus-Alfa

GT410 rear wins the day for me the Carbon wheel arch tunnels look awesome the 410 sport just to bland and obviously lotus thought the same and then you have the front of the cars and there is definitely only one winner there. Both cars are great but in my humble opinion one is going to age a lot better than the other.

7DCD8CC3-47B2-4F4C-9C73-CCFA3E4AD3DA.jpeg

• Love 1

Im curious to see what it looks like, but I don’t think I would want to part with the extra money that I assume the 6cyl version will cost, and the 4cyl will have to be really good to warrant passing up on the value that a 2 year old Alpine has. 

Im also thinking there could be a slight influx of Evoras on the market being traded in against the Emira. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Lotus-Alfa said:

That’s the one I have been looking at with the seat options I mentioned. Keep going hot and cold about it but seems good value. 
a question.  I understand the different body work, interior trim etc between the 410 sport (this has all the deleted items added back in) and the GT410 sport, but what if any is the difference under the skin between them as this is harder to find out. 

No difference under the skin in terms of power/performance or suspension I believe. Basically the GT410 Sport is an Evora Sport 410 with a different nose and arse.

The 410 Sports came with lighter wheels due to the their +0 nature - if you put the +2 seats option for a 410 Sport the wheels were changed at production. Also, the 410 Sports have some additional carbon at the rear, over the GT410, in that the rear diffuser surround is carbon, whereas on the GT410's it is not.

The interiors are identical to the eye - the difference being whether you had the sub-woofer, additional sound deadening, ICE head unit, etc specified back in to the 410 Sport.

@Wake - don't hold your breath mate!  Evora's sold roughly less than 200 a year in the UK and the vast majority were +2's as the owners just had to have the rear seats, so with the Emira being a +0 their wives won't let them have one! ;)  So not sure how many you think may come up...

I suspect a few Exige's to come in as PX on the Emira. Their older owners will be looking to get something they can get into easily... :harhar:  (in some cases, just get in to!)

18 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

He is also after a newer GT410. So no need to worry yourself. 😂

Obviously not by his subsequent responses... :harhar:

@scotty435 - I think you're making a big assumption re stating what Lotus thought -  I'll put it down to the usual "owners" bias about my baby cannot be ugly and is beautiful.  Lotus needed to change to differentiate the new model. That was all. You give a designer a crayon and they will always change something. It was just in the GT410's case the designer used his paper plate to make the arch shape at the back with his crayon :)

We will just disagree re the arses of our cars. I think you will find that your victorian railway arch look will age faster and I don't like the little "shelf" that protrudes out above the diffuser and it's not even carbon! It all just looks disjointed, naff and half arsed to me. I agree on the front, I think the GT410 is better. In my mind, the GT410 nose with the 410 Sport rear is the best combo.  But as I said, we will just need to disagree on that.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

25 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

No difference under the skin in terms of power/performance or suspension I believe. Basically the GT410 Sport is an Evora Sport 410 with a different nose and arse.

The 410 Sports came with lighter wheels due to the their +0 nature - if you put the +2 seats option for a 410 Sport the wheels were changed at production. Also, the 410 Sports have some additional carbon at the rear, over the GT410, in that the rear diffuser surround is carbon, whereas on the GT410's it is not.

The interiors are identical to the eye - the difference being whether you had the sub-woofer, additional sound deadening, ICE head unit, etc specified back in to the 410 Sport.

@Wake - don't hold your breath mate!  Evora's sold roughly less than 200 a year in the UK and the vast majority were +2's as the owners just had to have the rear seats, so with the Emira being a +0 their wives won't let them have one! ;)  So not sure how many you think may come up...

I suspect a few Exige's to come in as PX on the Emira. Their older owners will be looking to get something they can get into easily... :harhar:  (in some cases, just get in to!)

Obviously not by his subsequent responses... :harhar:

@scotty435 - we will just disagree re the arses of our cars. I think you will find that your victorian railway arch look will age faster and I don't like the little "shelf" that protrudes out above the diffuser and it's not even carbon! It all just looks disjointed, naff and half arsed to me. I agree on the front, I think the GT410 is better. In my mind, the GT410 nose with the 410 Sport rear is the best combo.  But as I said, we will just need to disagree on that.

You are right that my car sadly does not have the Carbon diffuser surround but most GT410s do come with a Carbon Surround and you are wrong about the wheels most +2 do come lighter wheels same as your wheels or even better the 430 Diamond Cut light weight wheels. 

E72435B5-6A70-4611-B60D-A4D3C217B27E.jpeg

BF4C311E-6744-4BD0-A0EB-910F2328EDA3.jpeg

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

most +2 do come lighter wheels same as your wheels

I'm surprised by that as Lotus made a huge thing, including in the owners manual, about the super lightweight wheels of the 410 Sport NOT being able to fitted to a +2.  Wonder why that changed? Are you sure they are the same? I'm not by the way, and not claiming to be correct here.

The "openings" at the rear wheels are there on the 410 Sport - they house a mesh and the reverse/fog lights, all Lotus did was leave them open and put a carbon sleeve in which as we know gets battered by the spray and detritus....  I agree they look cool though to keep this balanced.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They are not the same wheels.

The 410 Lightweight wheels have Evora Sport written on them, have contoured spokes and the rears are actually narrower than the GT wheels pictured. So are still restricted to 2+0 (or an N/A 2+2 😃)

Also, the carbon in those holes is part of the bumper not a sleeve. On the GT430 more of the carbon bumper is exposed than the GT410.

• Thanks 1

Yep 100% right regarding the wheels and your right regarding the handbook. The first few +2s did come out of the factory with the heavier 400 cast wheels and then for some reason they decided the light weight wheel was not issue for +2 cars and nearly all GT410s are fitted with them. Anyway not here to get into a battle saying mine is better than yours.  Both are great cars and would not hesitate in recommending them to a potential buyer.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 02/06/2021 at 16:35, C8RKH said:

Evora S1 NA                               £27500 - £34000

Evora S1 S                                  £31000 - £45000

400                                             £49950 - £57000

410 Sport                                   £57000 - £63000

GT410/GT410 Sport                  £68000 - £80000

GT430                                        £78000 - £88000

This looks about right to me.  As another data point around the general market I have a 25th Anniversary Mx5 (no sniggering, I still have the 410) and in Jan WBAC valued it at £10,000 but last week it was £14,350!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

This looks about right to me.  As another data point around the general market I have a 25th Anniversary Mx5 (no sniggering, I still have the 410) and in Jan WBAC valued it at £10,000 but last week it was £14,350!!

Those 25th anniversary ones are pretty nice! I’ve got a little MK1 that I love very much, so no sniggering from me! 

We've got a 25th-anniversary MX-5 too, so that's wonderful to hear about the value. Cracking little motor car (but not a patch on the Evora...).

Edited by EGTE

As it is the market watch thread, how is the Emira going to affect Evora values?

Emira successful hopefully, but will be in the Evora sales space?

Evora prices to hold in the short to medium term, but then be hit by used Emira’s coming to market?

2 hours ago, Lotus-Alfa said:

Just bought  the  Purple GT410 Sport from Hendy.  Great specification and love the colour. Looks much brighter in real life. 

Fantastic car in a stunning colour, spoke to the previous owner just a few weeks ago at the Caffeine and Machine, nice chap and a true petrol head.

36 minutes ago, Bruss said:

As it is the market watch thread, how is the Emira going to affect Evora values?

Emira successful hopefully, but will be in the Evora sales space?

Evora prices to hold in the short to medium term, but then be hit by used Emira’s coming to market?

The Emira has to be a volume car for Lotus to succeed, so it won’t be an Evora for sure. I was willing to take the bet that the 410’s will hold there value at least, being the last of its kind.  I was at the bottom of the price list suggested, but that was no trade in, so let’s hope it holds....more importantly what a car😀

• Like 2