free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 178 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Love 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Why would you change the clutch on a car that has only done 6k miles as a "precaution" for the next owner. That's £3-4k of cost, on a £30k car you are about to sell.

Sorry, that just does not add up to me. Looks like the car spent a long time on Jersey, with it's max 40mph speed limit crawling along. Maybe that is why the clutch needed a precautionary change?

Stunning car. Great spec. But...

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

29 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Why would you change the clutch on a car that has only done 6k miles as a "precaution" for the next owner. That's £3-4k of cost, on a £30k car you are about to sell.

Sorry, that just does not add up to me. Looks like the car spent a long time on Jersey, with it's max 40mph speed limit crawling along. Maybe that is why the clutch needed a precautionary change?

Stunning car. Great spec. But...

It wasn't precautionary according to the invoices in the images.

Also the dates for clutch parts look a bit weird - one in 2018 and another in 2020?

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111

• Gold FFM

The clutch, it even says on the invoice that it was clicking when depressed. So there was something wrong with it. That was in 2018 so it's not for this sale.

Then in 2020 there are more clutch parts but no figure for fitting. Was it replaced again or not? If so that's 2 years apart and bugger all miles - that is a real worry.

The rest of the work done all looks like what you would expect for a car that has sat around doing nothing. Looks like it had also been outside in the sun judging by a new headlight and 'facia dashboard', could also explain the seat if the colour has faded (strong sun could blanche it) 

Would have a bit of a worry about the suspension as well if it's not moved much.

13 minutes ago, windymiller said:

thats gota be the one that was on autotrader recently for 34k was it ?

Same car 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I'm going to keep stum as last time I mentioned about "old" cars with very low mileage I was basically told told to stfu as the car would be fine to to just drive off and blast lol...

Great car, but if it was me, I'd be also checking the air con system (another potential £2k bill as it if it is not used it ain't lubricated is my understanding).

I'd rather spend £30k on a car that had done 20-35k miles and was well sorted to be honest, but I know many people like to buy a low mileage car and just look at it and polish it to keep it low mileage.

Sthu

You asked...... 

• Like 1

Dave.

• Gold FFM

We totally agree again!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Do it you pussy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep that yellow one looks spot on for me, someone needs to hurry up and buy my TVR so I can make some real moves on car; I know my other half wouldn't like the yellow but she'd like the price!

Only worry would be resale after another 25k miles over the next five years. 

• Love 1

The quartz silver Evora N/A reg NJ59BHU with 6600 miles on the clock went for £29000 in the end accroidng to the Automotive Auctions website.  🤨

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

The quartz silver Evora N/A reg NJ59BHU with 6600 miles on the clock went for £29000 in the end accroidng to the Automotive Auctions website.  🤨

saw that but was that a submitted bid or an accepted bid ?

Good point. It says ‘ENDED’ not ‘Sold’. So, bearing in mind that the previous ad was asking for £34k, I’m guessing that maybe it didn’t meet the reserve. 

• Like 2