free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 192 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm looking to buy this car, but I'm a little concerned that the car has had 7 owners and the current owner is flipping it a couple of months after buying it. 

It's an Evora S with WinAce GTC front Bumper, Evora 400 rear bumper and GT4 wing I have been told.

With these sort of mods, I wouldn't be surprised if a previous owner has frequented this forum.

So just doing some due diligence, I'm asking if anyone knows this car and its history so I can go into the purchase with my eyes open?

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2022-01-10 193442.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-10 193546-no-plate.jpg

Don't know the history of the car but this was owned by someone who live in NI Belfast area. He did spend a lot of money to make it look like it is now. And generally don't be put off by the number of owners. Cars like lotuses do change hands frequently. 

Take it for a extender test drive and see if you can pick up anything. Btw .. where is this advertised now. 

Edited by Ba55uma
  • Like 1

Looks like it may have ben put on sale here last year....sounds similar?

But the advert details have gone now...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/115255-lotus-evora-s-22-with-premium-and-sport-packs-2011-model/#comment-956008

Some owners only keep their cars for a year or 2 and then feel the need to go for a change. My 63 plate Evora S has some 5 owners , and I only sold it after 18 months to get a 430. Used to change my excels every couple of years.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The old advert says the person who did all the work still had the original parts (e.g. front and rear bumper etc). If it was me I'd be asking where they went/are and seeing if I could get them with the purchase. A long shot, but it would be worthwhile.

The car won't be to everyone's taste as many on here hate anything non original, but it looks the part and will be a great drive and provide huge ownership enjoyment. Just be prepared for long conversations every time you try to fill up lol!  A nice problem to have :)

Please do keep us all informed of your journey with this car, and of course, regular piccies as they are always appreciated.

Edited by Bravo73

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

No problem @porkopops. I do like a 400 rear end, much more so than the later GT410 rear end. I also think the GT4 spoiler looks better on a 400 rear end too - the original S1 was a very rounded rear so i always thought the angular GT4 spoiler spoilt it. Whereas the creases in the 400 rear just work better with it.

Anyways, enjoy. She looks great.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

7 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Looks like this one may be for sale still as it’s back up on autotrader. 

Went in yesterday, buyer pulled out due to finance, but another buyer is in the frame. Still the same price, it will go to the workshop for a machine polish and so it should look even better. Certainly a nice colour. Other IPS Evora has had its detailing done and is booked for a test drive shortly.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would revert the wheels to silver, I suspect the gold wheels are hindering interest. Interior has later black trim surrounds instead of aluminium, not a change I favour.

Price probably about right now for the mileage but I doubt a Lotus main dealer would charge more, if they would retail a car of that mileage.

My NA same mileage and driving as good as ever. 

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Personally, like the wheels with the red colour. That's why I think it looks bootiful!

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

There is something odd about the dash and console trim, it looks like the MY12 onward spec whilst the steering wheel keeps the polished Ali finish?

14 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

There is something odd about the dash and console trim, it looks like the MY12 onward spec whilst the steering wheel keeps the polished Ali finish?

The dash has been modified to look like it has the later panels, but I'm wondering if they are the original alu finished panels with a dark kind of wrap over the top. The fit isn't great  especially around the buttons for the lights, fuel filler and sport mode.

The LOTUS badging on the rear has also been changed out for decals that are in the higher position on the rear transom as per the GT410/430. 

Nice car though in canyon red that I feel just needs a little spruce up in a couple of areas. 

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM

I also quite like that. Quite cheap too.

The wheels might be divisive, I think they look alright though. I'm sure it'll find a buyer soon.

• Like 1