free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 195 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!


Colin G

Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Venom Red is the most misleading name they could have chosen. 
It’s a very subtle shade. I think it really makes my SR with the premium seats. 
It is very difficult to photograph accurately though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

Had red seats in my old XKR, looked fantastic against the quartz paint and quite rare. However, they always came out way to bright when photographed. Evo magazine used my car in a studio shoot for a buyers guide years back. Couldn’t believe how bright the seats looked in print and on their website, nothing like how they looked in person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my White SportRacer S   has red seats.  It was one of the reasons i paid top price for it when i bought it.

It looks greats on a white car.   I think Green cars suit a tan leather.  But it's all opinions at the end of the day

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on the lookout, will contact the seller for more info. Thank you for sharing. It's what I'm after but slightly concerning that it has MOT advisories for suspension and damaged wheels and comes with new rear suspension arms - almost as if it has hit a curb very hard at some point - though it's ball joints and not anything more significant. Also could be due a clutch very soon which effectively whacks the purchase price up a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

No reason a 35,000 miler would be due a clutch. My 2010 car, the clutch was still original at 70,000 miles, only changed as we had the close ratio gearbox out for repair.

Some early cars did suffer premature clutch failure but as this one is 12 years old, I think unlikely now. I doubt it has a CR gearbox, so that issue also not a concern (some early CR gearbox lost higher gears, mine went at 70,000).

Justin

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Intrepid said:

I'm on the lookout, will contact the seller for more info. Thank you for sharing. It's what I'm after but slightly concerning that it has MOT advisories for suspension and damaged wheels and comes with new rear suspension arms - almost as if it has hit a curb very hard at some point - though it's ball joints and not anything more significant. Also could be due a clutch very soon which effectively whacks the purchase price up a bit. 

I would ask the seller for more photos of the interior, suspension, close up body work etc. I can advise any Lotus of that age will need a suspension refresh with new hardware, flexi brake pipes, handbrake cables, ARB bushes and a paint refresh. But its all not an urgent concern. You could pay 35-45k for a younger one and it could do with the same maintenance. There is no clutch issues as the same on any other car as some drives will break a tank, like most high powered cars some drives try to push there cars well over the maximum capabilities. The clutch is not to expensive its the labour involved replacing it unless your capable to do it yourself. If the sale includes rear suspension arms well thats a bonus as only a few have required them and saves you buying when required.

I got my Evora last year without seeing it and I have gone through with a fine tooth combe, its what I have done on all my previous Lotus cars as I am very fussy and like things perfect and which is very satisfying when complete. There was a tidy Evora same age/mileage as the one your looking at sold a few weeks ago for 35K and it did not have any suspension refresh carried out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
30 minutes ago, EvoraBob said:

I can advise any Lotus of that age will need a suspension refresh

Broad statement. My twenty-two old 340R is on original suspension, as is my 1987 Excel (I suspect some bushes renewed) and my 2010 Evora. They are looked after by Lotus specialist or main dealer and I drive enthusiastically and the suspension has never given any cause or reason to change.

I did change the shocks and springs on the 2000 Elise S1; someone had put GAZ ones on, I reverted to correct Bilstein (Koni no longer available). The GAZ in my view inferior in ride quality, marginal but noticable. 

Justin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Intrepid said:

I'm on the lookout, will contact the seller for more info. Thank you for sharing. It's what I'm after but slightly concerning that it has MOT advisories for suspension and damaged wheels and comes with new rear suspension arms - almost as if it has hit a curb very hard at some point - though it's ball joints and not anything more significant. Also could be due a clutch very soon which effectively whacks the purchase price up a bit. 

All good bargaining points when it comes to an offer. Wheels, ball joints, suspension etc....A new clutch, if required, wlll cost quite a bit in labour at a dealer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EvoraBob said:

I would ask the seller for more photos of the interior, suspension, close up body work etc. I can advise any Lotus of that age will need a suspension refresh with new hardware, flexi brake pipes, handbrake cables, ARB bushes and a paint refresh. But its all not an urgent concern. You could pay 35-45k for a younger one and it could do with the same maintenance. There is no clutch issues as the same on any other car as some drives will break a tank, like most high powered cars some drives try to push there cars well over the maximum capabilities. The clutch is not to expensive its the labour involved replacing it unless your capable to do it yourself. If the sale includes rear suspension arms well thats a bonus as only a few have required them and saves you buying when required.

I got my Evora last year without seeing it and I have gone through with a fine tooth combe, its what I have done on all my previous Lotus cars as I am very fussy and like things perfect and which is very satisfying when complete. There was a tidy Evora same age/mileage as the one your looking at sold a few weeks ago for 35K and it did not have any suspension refresh carried out.

Thanks, great tips. It hasn't had the gear cables done (seller confirmed). He doesn't know how the wheels were damaged, but both nearside ones are and as forged wheels it isn't so easy to get them repaired... I will go and have a look at it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cancel that! He's put the price up by £4k. It's had none of the major work done yet (cables, clutch - of course, they don't need doing but it is all cost that could hit soon), suspension and tyres need doing now, and two damaged nearside wheels concerns me... I will leave it. Been offered a 70k mile Evora S IPS for £35k which looks a good car - I worry about selling it @ 100k miles in a few years time though...

Edited by Intrepid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Intrepid said:

Cancel that! He's put the price up by £4k. It's had none of the major work done yet (cables, clutch - of course, they don't need doing but it is all cost that could hit soon), suspension and tyres need doing now, and two damaged nearside wheels concerns me... I will leave it. Been offered a 70k mile Evora S IPS for £35k which looks a good car - I worry about selling it @ 100k miles in a few years time though...

Why would you sell in a few years time ? Most Evoras that be available will start to have high mileage anyway as the cars will be getting on for 15 years old ! However if the seller puts it up by £4K then he thinks there’s a buyer out there his loss if no buyer bites ? 
I get a car you feel happy and confident 30k of driving could equal to 5 years of ownership in some circles 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know what you mean - but the price is now on par with cars that HAVE had a lot of that work carried out. No one expects a factory fresh car at 12 years, but as far as LEs go it seems to me to be a 'less sorted' example than others at the same price point. I will be watching with great interest to see if it sells quickly at the new price! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wondering why you think the suspension needs doing after 33k miles? Did the seller say it needs replacing??

Certainly £34k for this example is on steep side in my opinion, thought it was well priced at £30k

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me too. I think the seller is chancing his arm 

And probably a TLF lurker as he has hiked hìs asking price by £4k so he can knock a lot off for the wheels and other work that may be needed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Intrepid said:

I know what you mean - but the price is now on par with cars that HAVE had a lot of that work carried out. No one expects a factory fresh car at 12 years, but as far as LEs go it seems to me to be a 'less sorted' example than others at the same price point. I will be watching with great interest to see if it sells quickly at the new price! 

This is on Auto Trader - seems ok but at 71K miles

Lotus Evora 2010 (10 reg) 3.5 VVT-i V6 2+0 Coupe 2dr £26,500

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Just wondering why you think the suspension needs doing after 33k miles? Did the seller say it needs replacing??

Certainly £34k for this example is on steep side in my opinion, thought it was well priced at £30k

Yeah, it was on the last MOT and the seller has mentioned it as an upcoming job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EvoraBob said:

This is on Auto Trader - seems ok but at 71K miles

Lotus Evora 2010 (10 reg) 3.5 VVT-i V6 2+0 Coupe 2dr £26,500

That looks a good exterior colours combo but has some one sprayed the interior brushed steel black and left the buttons steel ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...