free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 22 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin G

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

The 3 owners might worry me - but expect at least one was a dealer?

Only a daft and/or stupid dealer would register themselves as one of the owners. 

Just now, Bravo73 said:

Only a daft and/or stupid dealer would register themselves as one of the owners. 

Not if it was a pre-reg. quite likely.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 minute ago, CocoPops said:

Not if it was a pre-reg. quite likely.

Just this - can be a requirement. I bought a new VW polo in Summer. It was unregistered when I did the deal but had to be registered to the dealer before he could sell to us, so I picked it up as a second-hand car three days later and with just 12 miles on the clock. When I come to sell it it will say there there have been 2 owners but it isn't really true.

With this car it could be three genuine owners which would concern me for two reasons: firstly why did they all decide to sell in such a short time? And secondly how many different drivers has the car had? Each driver tends to have their own habits that can wear mechanical items faster, but having said that it is a very low mileage so perhaps not an issue really.

15 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

So you've never seen a dealer demonstrator or a pre-reg car?

I need a drink.....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Good point will update ad as I am only the 2nd owner

When did the price of the Evora 400 go up? According to the Lotus website it's now £73,500... I can't tell if something is now included that was optional before. Given the cuts they are making to the car and spec, the price should be going down not up.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I read somewhere that all Lotus prices are increasing 5%, annual price increase.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

Looks like you're right. The Elise now starts at £30,500, rather than £29,900. I would have thought they would have wanted to keep it sub-30k... even if nobody ever bought one at that price

James Martin (JayEmm)

On 9/12/2016 at 17:04, C8RKH said:

.......but maybe, the fact that the seats won't squeak will make up for the poorer driving experience! ;)

Isn't the creaking seat condition just an Easter Egg from Lotus?

An in-buiilt, not paid for lateral G accelerometer? :getmecoat: 

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

even if nobody ever bought one at that price

How does that make sense?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

@ramjet What I mean is that the £29,900 price of the Elise was a bit of a red herring.

I expect most owners would have specced at least ONE option, even if it was metallic paint or something silly... the point being that most Elises sold would have had a list price of over £30,000, but keeping it at £29,900 had a certain ring to it and allowed people to at least say "the elise is under £30k"

James Martin (JayEmm)

Nah, it's like all that £1.48 or £5.99 nonsense. Just round the bloody figure up please and let's go. Apparently it's all do with psychology or something - I just think meh - If you've got £29,900 top spend on a car, you can spend £30,900, but better still make it a nice even £31k. Makes it easier to work out the discount for the dealer when you ask for £3k off.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

A low mileage, manual SR in orange? Top money but I imagine that it won't hang around for long so better be quick... 

http://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/used-cars/view/497485/Lotus-EVORA-S-Sport-Racer-(345hp)

Lotus Evora S Sport Racer (345hp – Manual)

Special Burnt Orange, Black Leather / SuedeTex Interior

All the options!!

1 private owner from new – only circa6,500miles

Retail: £49,000!

Give Aimee @ Silverstone a call.

Looks great!

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

A low mileage, manual SR in orange? Top money but I imagine that it won't hang around for long so better be quick... 

http://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/used-cars/view/497485/Lotus-EVORA-S-Sport-Racer-(345hp)

All the options!!

My perfect colour combination other than the bright blue. 

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

All the options!!

Looks nice but says 5-speed manual gearbox? If it is then it's unique.

I think it is truly hard to price a SR car with so few ever available. 

I like that, although I just showed the rest of the family and they all screwed up their faces. :lol:

philistines.... <_<

This popped up today:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-s-4/6457202

But when I called at 11:15am a deposit had already been taken.  I thought it looked a tiny bit expensive but I guess that 2011-12 S models are quite rare at the moment.

Nice looking car with a great spec and very clean internally. Did not look too rich too me either. I like the way S1 prices are holding quite firm, but then I am biased.

Not so sure about the subaru dash picture though for the sat nav and also why Lotus had the red and white contrast stitching going on. That's a bit of detail that would irritate me - but no denying a great looking car and great condition. Where else do you get that level of performance and driving pleasure for that price?

If it is snapped up quickly it's the correct price, maybe even too cheap. Simples.

• Like 1

the seats are replacement seats which is why I guess the stitching doesn't match......

they should still have been on the std recaro

:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Gotcha, good spot, thought it was an SR.

I guess that's what the previous owner wanted people to think. He missed the MY12 gear knob though.