free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 26 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, K666ADM said:

but the later series 1 seems to be the more sorted option for reliability and robustness for now.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-2014/6544067

Kerang. Er no. Wrong. It is has been on many different threads and posts in here. According to official warranty returns the "best" cars were the early cars, 2010 in particular was a vintage year.

There were interior trim changes after 2012 which gave a perceived jump in quality (little things like 3mm of foam under the leather on the doors and dash to make it feel softer) and certainly did lift the interior. But reliability wise, 2010 is best.  I feel if it is said enough, people will eventually get it. :)

Irrespective of my temper tantrum - they get worse as I get older - I wish you all the best with your search. I for one have never looked back after buying my S1 and I hope you have the same experience I've had. Good luck and post up the piccies when you have one....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

5 years in now with my 2010 car and it has performed brilliantly. Normally change at 5 years, but this time I can't think of anything else that I would rather have at around £30k. Instead I am giving a Xmas prezzy to myself - 2bular manifolds, which will be a lot cheaper than changing the car :thumbup:   Mine is also the super light 2+0 option :).

Edited by Whitey
  • Like 2

@K666ADM - I don't think you'd be dissapointed with an S1 Evora. :) presumably you had a shot with Ian in the unloveable colour one?

Many would see the 400 front bumper as a good thing - I am sure there was something on here recently where so nene did this due to v light front damage, and S1 bumper being unavailable now? Can't find it though.... 

PS - what was your Cobra rep? Details please :) 

• Gold FFM

@whitey, I have the 2bular manifolds on my car and I love them. Love them, love them, love them. The burbling/gurgling on the overrun is infectious. Enjoy!  And yes, +0 ftw. They're not for babies! ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611189879116?sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LOTUS&postcode=sn126fz&model=EVORA&page=1

Whats peoples thoughts on this, looks absolutely lovely!

Could anybody clarify though, is this actually a Sports Racer model??  it looks like it judging by the interior and exterior pics but its not actually listed as being one and I thought going by the reg perhaps too early to be one also, am I right to believe that the earliest models were launched on 62 plates??

15 minutes ago, ephancock77 said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611189879116?sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LOTUS&postcode=sn126fz&model=EVORA&page=1

Whats peoples thoughts on this, looks absolutely lovely!

Could anybody clarify though, is this actually a Sports Racer model??  it looks like it judging by the interior and exterior pics but its not actually listed as being one and I thought going by the reg perhaps too early to be one also, am I right to believe that the earliest models were launched on 62 plates??

Looks like a sports racer, yes. 

These cars are holding value very well! Is the ips or manual more sought after?

4 hours ago, K666ADM said:

I've been on the Evora market watch for a while, I had settled on a series 1, S with IPS and had a nice test drive but in a colour I really cold not learn to love at MMC.  I have since sold my kit car cobra and amassed a fund pot and was waiting for the 400 market to sink to circa 55k in maybe mid 2017 ideally a nearly new auto ideally with tan leather and blue exterior but we all know its not possible to be choosy in the used market.  

Then this pops up in pistonheads (Reg AU14 BKV) and Im back to thinking the savings on a series one are really of merit, plus all the 'niggles' of early 400s seem to be cropping up (Im a forum stalker, sorry for my sin) and the consumer quality control (why do lots of expensive QC in house when the buyers will soon find and report the areas that need addressing) is resoving these but the later series 1 seems to be the more sorted option for reliability and robustness for now.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-2014/6544067

Sounds interesting and will leave me some extra funds spare compared to a used 400, but it has the aggressive bumper - still a bit wider in the sills but that can only help to give me more flexibility and exercise.   Anyone have any prior on AU14 BKV? does she have a past master on here? 

As its Lotus Silverstone has the 400 front been put on as the original was sporting too many stone chips from being a track workhorse? Desperate for pics to be posted.

Have a read through here -

• Like 1

Ahh yes good memory @Colin G

perhaps @62dave can shed some light on why his car is up for sale so soon after repairs, although he did mention house or wedding costs iirc in the other thread?

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Hi chaps. Yes I'm afraid I've gone and bought a house that will cost me a small fortune each month. I can just about to keep the Evora but the sensible thing to do is to sell it now and maybe try and buy a 400 in a year or two once my finances have recovered. I'm going to be gutted to see it go though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mik said:

@K666ADM - I don't think you'd be dissapointed with an S1 Evora. :) presumably you had a shot with Ian in the unloveable colour one?

Many would see the 400 front bumper as a good thing - I am sure there was something on here recently where so nene did this due to v light front damage, and S1 bumper being unavailable now? Can't find it though.... 

PS - what was your Cobra rep? Details please :) 

AK 427 running a Rover 3.5.  Sold it to totalheadturners, he's pitching it at 27,500 and can say with all honesty, its not worth all that.  Its at best a 20k car.  Was fun to have but the days fettling with carbs and heavy steering, no driving aids and the lack of roof (not even a soft top) made me feel it was time to move on.

11 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Looks like a sports racer

These cars are holding value very well! Is the ips or manual more so

I guess the Manuel is the more sought after model but the IPS rarer perhaps. 

Still not convinced though, that is actually a sports racer model.  Seems too early. The Journo's were driving 13 plate cars when reviewing the SR.

11 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

• Gold FFM

It might not be @ephancock77 but does it matter? As below the Sports Racer was a "special edition" with all 3 packs and some black paint.

The interior on this car is the My12+ Sports Premium interior (there is no SR interior) and if it has all 3 packs and the black paint then it is a SR in all but name. Respect to the advertiser for not trying to call it something it isn't.

Sports Racer details below:

Evora Sports Racer

400px-Lotus_Evora_Sports_Racer.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Lotus Evora S Sports Racer

Introduced in December 2012[26], the Evora Sports Racer was introduced in an attempt to reinvigorate interest in the model by adding new detailing an effective £6,450-£7,150 price drop over an equivalent specification standard model.

The Evora Sports Racer can be ordered in either normally aspirated (£57,900) or supercharged (£65,900), and incorporates the black detailing previously available as bespoke orders on some customer cars, with a black roof, front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, rear badging and door mirror pods.

All the option packs normally offered on the Evora are included as standard,

Interesting, I had never thought about the RRP of the Sports Racer S.

Makes my 400 look really good value :lol: 

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Didn't realise the interior I'm familiar with seeing on Sports Racers could be added as an option so thanks for informing me.

I guess it doesn't make a difference whether its a SR or not, and as you've rightly pointed out the seller isn't hiding anything and is simply stating what he's selling at a price.  Im really only curious because although I'm at a point where I'm serious about looking at purchasing an Evora it is at the lower end.  The Sports premium interior really lifts the Evora and I'm now contemplating saving up a few more pennies to get this option.

I know this question may divide opinion but I'd love to know what you think. Does this car appear a little overpriced if its not an actual SR (assuming having the actual SR model may make a difference to residuals).

On Saturday, December 03, 2016 at 00:23, 62dave said:

Hi chaps. Yes I'm afraid I've gone and bought a house that will cost me a small fortune each month. I can just about to keep the Evora but the sensible thing to do is to sell it now and maybe try and buy a 400 in a year or two once my finances have recovered. I'm going to be gutted to see it go though. 

Damn.   Your car is my ideal spec when it comes to S1 Evoras (especially with the 400 front bumper).   Have you sold it to Silverstone or is it a sale or return?  

Sale or return. I'll take it up there this week so they can get some photos done. They have a few people who are keen so hopefully a quick sale.

5 minutes ago, 62dave said:

Sale or return. I'll take it up there this week so they can get some photos done. They have a few people who are keen so hopefully a quick sale.

It's a good price and they are holding value well. Bloomin love the blue. Good luck with the sale. 

• Gold FFM

Looking forward to seeing the piccies of the S1 with the 400 front end. Bet it looks superb.

Cheapest 400 on sale (bar the dodgy Black one that is actually a prototype car with no warranty)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-2-evora-400----------------2015/6314912

£58,950

1 hour ago, Evo400 said:

At the rate the S1s are moving (i.e barely),  400s will become the value and sensible choice.   When 400s hit £50k next year a £40k S1 SR will be ludicrously expensive.   

And this is where my comment from a while ago will be interesting to see how it plays out. When the 400 gets closer to the s1 SR will it stabilise or will it continue forcing prices down for all Evora models. The s1 SR's (closest on price to the 400's) don't hang around for a long time if they are good examples and prices have been the same for the last year. 

2 hours ago, Evo400 said:

At the rate the S1s are moving (i.e barely),  400s will become the value and sensible choice.   When 400s hit £50k next year a £40k S1 SR will be ludicrously expensive.   

I have been keeping a daily eye on the market for nearly a year - have been looking at getting an Evora an all being well it will be Jan/feb next year.

S1 cars (if we are calling them that) have typically been up for sale 2-3 weeks before selling from what I have seen.  There are exceptions of course but generally they don't hang around too long.  PH has 9 in my price range (sub £35k) and four of those are ads for cars which have sold, three of them at Snows who do keep their ads on ages after a car has gone.

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

And this is where my comment from a while ago will be interesting to see how it plays out. When the 400 gets closer to the s1 SR will it stabilise or will it continue forcing prices down for all Evora models. The s1 SR's (closest on price to the 400's) don't hang around for a long time if they are good examples and prices have been the same for the last year. 

I'm wondering if the S1 SR could become the model to have a bit like the S1 Exige??

I see the advert for the Evora S SR lookalike with the premium sport interior that was advertised for 38k has dissapeared now from Auto trader.  

Didn't think it would hang around long once the price got reduced.  Just goes to show if you want what appears to be a well sorted Evora and its reasonably priced you had better be quick.