free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 32 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Do it!

@[email protected] is here too :)

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought I’d pop in with a quick update now my evora has finally been delivered! It was the GT410sport in military grey previously mentioned on here.   I sold my exige cup to buy it as I

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

Must be something in the air about Grey GT410 Sports... just picked her up yesterday 😀

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
On 09/01/2017 at 18:04, Stuno1 said:

@C8RKH the interior of the ex-f is stunning and modern with soft leather, alcantara and all plastics are soft touch. 

IMG_1501.PNG

Stu, I'm sorry but to me that interior looks shite. We all look at things differently but I would not be surprised to see that dash in a Singsong Rexton. To my eyes the dash their is just a disaster.  Too many push buttons, plastic looks cheap - just too much going on and then a traditional analogue clock in the middle. WTF is that all about?

Granted, the seats and leather look superb.

I still think the far east just do crap interiors.  Contrast it with the clarity, simolicity and leather of the f-pace interior. A similar priced / segment car.

f-pace interior.jpg

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I love the styling of the S1 Evora dash and I wish they could have retained some of it for the 400. The ergonomics not so much, I find it easier to operate the window switch with my left hand, which is absurd, and the air-con controls look beautiful but I wish they could have fitted proper climate control so I could set them once and never have to touch them again as they are a pain to get to on the move! The oft quoted one of the buttons you can't see doesn't bother me as the only ones hidden when I'm driving are buttons I've never needed on the go (petrol filler cap, boot release etc...)

Otherwise simplicity is always good, especially on the steering wheel. Cruise control and basic stereo controls only at most for me please! I drove from Devon up to Heathrow in a hire car recently and it was only 10 miles from London I discovered the thing had cruise control, as the controls were on a stalk hidden behind one of the huge fat spokes of the steering wheel. Why oh why...? Sometimes you wonder if the designers ever drive the vehicles they work on. 

Having said that about simplicity, Peugeot and Citroen are IMO going to far the other way pushing everything onto the touchscreen, which then needs a really good software interface to avoid it becoming cumbersome and distracting, and the last few of those I've driven they certainly haven't managed that!

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Chris J said:

and the air-con controls look beautiful but I wish they could have fitted proper climate control so I could set them once and never have to touch them again as they are a pain to get to on the move!

Lol, my wife's cars have all had climate and one thing it does not do is keep the interior at a constant temperature year round.  It should, but it doesn't.

I love the S1 Evora dash. The only thing I would change is to put a knurl, knobblies on the hvac dials as that smooth metal can be slippery. But tha's a minor thing.

Yes, the mirror switch is awkward but that's a set once and forget thing for me.

The S1 Evora dash with its leather and real metal is just quite simply a design classic in my eyes. Simply bootiful.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

38 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol, my wife's cars have all had climate and one thing it does not do is keep the interior at a constant temperature year round.  It should, but it doesn't.

The climate in my 6 year old Skoda is near as perfect for me. I've left it in Auto (other than using the Max demist when the weather's foul) since I first found what temperature I wanted. The Ford Focus I had before that was rubbish, it blasted you with an icy gale for 5 minutes on start-up in Auto no matter what temperature you had set or what time of year it was...

12 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

How do people expect to sell cars privately for this much wih adverts like this?

What's wrong with it?

"Ardent red, fully loaded sports racer specification, new michelin pilot super sport tyres, 19" front and 20" rear forged wheels, full black pack, black leather and alcantara interior, red accents. Pioneer Sat Nav and reversing camera. Owned from new. Lovely condition. FLSH."

The photos are decent enough and the description covers: colours (inside and out), condition, specification, service history, one owner car and points out that the (very good) tyres are new. The mileage and location are mentioned elsewhere. 

What else would you want to know?

• Like 1

When selling any car privately, especially one as expensive as this, id make the adverts as detailed as possible to firstly help buyers and to avoid questions. So I'd expect things like what was done at the last service, service intervals with mileage and date, pic of the log book, state of tyres, break pads and discs, honesty about any scratches or wear as it will have some of both. This sort of thing.

Sometimes less is more - just to get the calls coming in helps. Once you are talking   - a deal can often follow

• Like 1

Only here once

If I was in the market for an SR, that ad is more than enough to make me want to see the car. Any decision would obviously only be made on seeing, and driving, the car. 

The price doesn't seem outrageous for a relatively low mileage SR. I bet it sells quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I love the S1 Evora dash. The only thing I would change is to put a knurl, knobblies on the hvac dials as that smooth metal can be slippery. But tha's a minor thing.

Take the panel out. You will see that each of the controls is mounted to a plate, which is then mounted to the underside of the Ali panel. If you take a half turn out of the screws holding the mounting plate to the Ali panel you will find that the knobs become much easier to turn and the slickness if them ceases to be an issue.

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I do love the simplicity of the original Evora..

P1050165.JPG.jpg

However, the Elite S1 interior on which it was based takes simplicity to another level...

download.jpg

Interiors don't need to be fussy as Tesla proves, it's simply a distraction from the actual enjoyment of driving.

@Stuno1 - you can put Vape rings around the HVAC knobs to aid grip. I have glow in the dark ones which are pretty unobtrusive but still look a bit meh. Dimpled/grooved knobs as per the Elise/Exige/VX220 would be best.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Yes, that Elite S1 interior just makes go weak at the knees. You are right, sometimes less is more but the young generation want buttons, buttons and buttons.

Funny, but I think the spec of an S1 Evora is spot on too.  I think I just like the S1 Evora, full stop.

• Like 2

I have zero issues with the S1 Elise/Exige Interior and dash. S1 Evora too.. the only thing I'd take from the 400/410 would be the HVAC knobs. 

Id want nothing from a more mainstream dashboard they are often too fussy and look like a dogs dinner or too "Germanic" and overloaded with tech and crap.

• Like 2

Its not Silverstone, its a private sale but they are using a picture from when it was for sale at Silverstone. But has got the komotec EV430 upgrade....

Anyway as Barry says only 2 seats so its bound to be slower than a mighty +2 but then what would I know as I own an iPhone and an Audi ;) 

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400