free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 54 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought I’d pop in with a quick update now my evora has finally been delivered! It was the GT410sport in military grey previously mentioned on here.   I sold my exige cup to buy it as I

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

Must be something in the air about Grey GT410 Sports... just picked her up yesterday 😀

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, ewand said:

The green 400 auto might have lasted a little longer ;)

A 400 owner now then Ewan?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Still seems to be a lot of love for the S1 NA out there with a few new owners recently, including an international web celebrity.

Question is though are the NA's still going to be driven or increasingly are they going to become low mileage garage queen's to protect resale values?

My NA is likely to stay with me for some time so can see it going from its current 25k mikes to 60k miles over the next 4-5 years. It is not a DD so only used for pure driving enjoyment. At that point it will be an 11/12 year old car with 60k miles. Still an average of only 5k miles a year.

I still do not find her wanting in the speed department on the open road so despite looking very hard at the man maths just cannot justify the cost to change and run for the S and 400, as good as those cars undoubtedly are. The 410 does pull at my heart though. For me it is a superb focused package at a good price.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Only 6 months in but still absolutely adore my Evora N/A also and can't see this changing anytime soon.

Its my only car and to be honest its absolutely wonderful and easily practical enough for my day to day duties.  

im about 5 months in with mine s1n/a, fantastic to drive, use it whenever i can for enjoyment rides...  its one of the most compliant road absorbing rides i had the pleasure to drive..   would imagine 3-5 k for me a year...  so same as you c8rkh..  plus mines a two seater so will be looked on in 5 years time as a proper  sports car:sofa:

• Gold FFM

No need to hide behind the sofa Andy, real men who drive Evora's have a +0 and are called Andy. Unlike those other Evora +poo drivers that have to ask their wife's permission to get a "sports car" and can only have one if the kids can get in the back too!

I mean, who wants a biohazard in their sports car anyway, and as for having two of them in there.....

Lotus realised that real drivers just want a plus two, that's why the 410 and GT430 have no back seats either.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

There's no option for any Lotus here apart from a 400 plus 2.   I don't care  (and never did) about the rear seats which I considered vestigial.  I appreciate the added space though. I guess if I still had kids, I'd find a way to fit them back there if pressed.   To me it's a good daily  driver but nothing more.

Still, I see no problem using an Evora in the daily role.  I've  taken the rear upholstery out (so easy to do ) so there's a bit more room for storage when traveling or shopping.  It's all the car I need for routine day to day. But family car???  Haha and Bravo!

Edited by Loquacious Lew

'17 Evora 400 MT 

:thumbup::welcome:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

:wub::thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

7 minutes ago, ewand said:

Too bad, David - I picked up Neal's green 400 Auto on Friday :D

Very nice Ewan . . . . . . it would have looked good parked next to my Elise!

IMG_0337.thumb.jpg.cb04c62ef5a6bd26d080e93375e754aa.jpg

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ewand said:

Too bad, David - I picked up Neal's green 400 Auto on Friday :D

59aea0135916f_WhatsAppImage2017-09-01at14_50_14.thumb.jpeg.dbaefce3b626ffbfbfa5b72498a27319.jpeg

This picture doesn't make me feel any better :(

Not having a Lotus in the garage is agony! I'm not sure how I'm going to cope over the next three months while I wait for my 250 Cup.

Im back in the UK and eager to shower the Evora auto market - and boom, all seem to have fallen off the market.  Only one that is close-ish seems to be a strange champagne colour with black wheels - its reg LJ16 AXX if anyone knows about it.  The 400 badge at the back has lost its red, DVLA has it reg'd as Grey - should these little things flag concerns?

1 hour ago, K666ADM said:

Im back in the UK and eager to shower the Evora auto market - and boom, all seem to have fallen off the market.  Only one that is close-ish seems to be a strange champagne colour with black wheels - its reg LJ16 AXX if anyone knows about it.  The 400 badge at the back has lost its red, DVLA has it reg'd as Grey - should these little things flag concerns?

I would guess @Jamie-BellandColvill may of supplied it originally as very  similar number plate to this car Bell & Colvill have up for sale, might be worth contacting him

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-auto-2016/7580781

I took that auto 400 out for a spin, was awesome! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Does anybody know anything about this car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-launch-edition-3-5-vvt-i-v6-2-2-with-full-service-history/7751139I

It looks really nice and I notice there's an Esprit in the background of one of the pictures. Anybody on here?

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, robington said:

Does anybody know anything about this car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-launch-edition-3-5-vvt-i-v6-2-2-with-full-service-history/7751139I

It looks really nice and I notice there's an Esprit in the background of one of the pictures. Anybody on here?

Hi Rob,

That is my Evora and sneaky Esprit in the background. I am happy to field questions about it or you are welcome to come and have a look although it looks like there is about 2 hours of travel between us.

Thanks for tagging me Bibs.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
23 hours ago, robington said:

Hi Chris

Ill give you a ring later!

Regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

I have sent you a PM.

cheers

-Chris

On 9/13/2017 at 09:00, Bibs said:

Hi Bibs,

Should my advert have triggered a new topic in the "Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads" chat in the "Evora - For Sale/Wanted" forum?

It says it is "Auto feed of ads placed on lotusforsale.com" so not sure if something is broken or I might be having a senior moment. :-)

cheers

-Chris

28 minutes ago, cweeden said:

It says it is "Auto feed of ads placed on lotusforsale.com" so not sure if something is broken or I might be having a senior moment. :-)

I'll take a look at that when I get the chance mate... 

Evora NA