free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 61 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

• Gold FFM

Can't believe you are thinking about giving up those precious two little extra seats @CocoPops!!!  WTF?  Are you sure the Elise will have enough cup-holders for you too!  :harhar:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

I've been keeping a keen eye on the market since getting the 410. Nothing much selling really. I was offered £14000 off one car by a dealer without asking. Looked at a few of the normal 400s and I think B&C have shifted a couple. JCT sold a green one too. Should be conning into a better time of year now.

SOR wise we would charge 2 grand plus vat on this type of car which is slightly more than a regular say s3 Elise. I wouldn't buy one outright for stock at the moment unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse. They are very niche cars. 

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 07:50, jonnyboy said:

I've been keeping a keen eye on the market since getting the 410. Nothing much selling really. I was offered £14000 off one car by a dealer without asking. Looked at a few of the normal 400s and I think B&C have shifted a couple. JCT sold a green one too. Should be conning into a better time of year now.

SOR wise we would charge 2 grand plus vat on this type of car which is slightly more than a regular say s3 Elise. I wouldn't buy one outright for stock at the moment unless it was an offer I couldn't refuse. They are very niche cars. 

Just out of interest was that discount on a dealer stock 400 or a 410?

So I had various conversations yesterday in person, by phone and by email.

Torn with what to do.

I had some cheeky offers and some not so cheeky ones, via PM here as well so there is clearly love being shown for my car.

SoR fees vary, and some dealers would prefer to buy the car directly for stock. One thing the dealers agreed on, was the retail price for the car should be in region of £62k. This would see me £59ish back depending on who I went with.

my maths is saying, if I achieve £59, I can pocket £20 and buy an Elise 220 at £38/39. This would allow me a very nice car to remain part of the community, keep the track activities and add a large chunk of cash to our savings pot just in case things turn for the worse with Alex’s brain tumour.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Sounds like a sensible plan Lee. I'm sure your car will sell quickly. The combination of colours and the fantastic spec of the HE will ensure that.

The Elise 220 will be a blast on road and track and these days very civilised for longer drives to Spa etc.

Best of luck.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Would I be “better off” for sure... would I be happier with a ropey vx instead of a shiny Elise? :lol:

Trust me, maths, combinations etc have been going round and round.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

31 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Would I be “better off” for sure... would I be happier with a ropey vx instead of a shiny Elise? :lol:

Trust me, maths, combinations etc have been going round and round.

I think you know the answer to that :D

I would stick it in with B&C and if you did want a newer Elise I would go for a 14 plate at about 30k that someone's done bugger all mileage in. Great buy and they haven't depreciated in 2 years. The new cars dont really make sense to me unless you are doing 50/50 I guess it depends on people's individual circumstances. For me running the business I'm far better off holding the capital for 2 years but cash buying I would just go with a used one. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, 21gg said:

Or an early v6 exige, at least it's something you've not had before?

Been at work all day & had the same thought earlier, not quite what Lee’s looking for.

8 hours ago, The Lotus Position said:

If you’re looking to get out of the Evora and into an Elise with money your way why not just do that deal with a dealer who has an Elise you like the look of rather than do a sale first and then buy?

hasn`t Band C got a low mileage 220

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

They have, exPress car. It’s got the super motorsport seats (same as 410) which is no good for my big bones. I need the standard motorsport seats (standard v6 exige style).

Firstly Lee, like everyone sorry to hear about the family news, keeping my fingers crossed all turns out well.

You don't fancy going back to an Evora S1?  Unless you want a real change, I am sure it won't be too much of a comedown and you could get a nice S for £35k and still have a good amount left over. 

9 hours ago, PaulCP said:

I did wonder why you were thinking of selling the car you dearly love but I can't argue with your reasoning.

That. And whether you feel it is unnecessary or crass - were there a link to a justgiving page or similar, i mighg find myself chucking a few quid in sir.....

Alternatively, @CocoPops, hang on to the Evora & get some more enjoyment out of it until the money is needed. Currently you can take out the whole family, which was a reason for an Evora in the first place, I’m assuming that the girls still fit. Although I understand your running costs point with regards to the smaller car.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2018 at 18:29, The Lotus Position said:
My old car is now available at GTI World following a makeover to give it the SR look. As well as the standard Sport pack the car has Tech pack and Premium pack.  I upgraded all the interior bulbs to Osram LEDs, fitted wiring for an Optimate 4 battery conditioner in the boot, fitted powerfold mirrors and had the speakers upgraded to expensive MB Quart component speakers.  I also had the car professionally detailed by RGK Detailing. There is not a mark on any of the stealth grey wheels. The tyres are a full set of the proper Lotus approved Pirellis and all have plenty of tread.

The car always attracted a huge amount of positive attention. One kid fell off his bike so he could stare at it!

I thoroughly enjoyed owning and driving this car and would have kept it if it weren't for a change in personal circumstances. I hope whoever buys this gets as much pleasure from it as I did.

The car is at GTI World, Newbridge Luxury Car Village, near Edinburgh airport. Ask for Dean or Hamish and tell them I sent you!  A link to their post for the car on their Facebook page is here - clicky

Your car is on Youtube.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-3-5-2-2-Sports-Pack-Premium-Pack-Tech-Pack/232702183500?hash=item362e21884c:g:V5cAAOSwi4lahzuR

I think I have seen this one mentioned on here before. That's a cheap Evora if you can live with the mileage - or is it?

Going by the price of an s4s that has just come on the market you can afford to buy 2 evora at that price and have change

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

It's cheap and looks good.

Just make sure the clutch has been done and away you go. ;)

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Going by the price of an s4s that has just come on the market you can afford to buy 2 evora at that price and have change

Re S4s - It’s not for sale and I really mean that

Only here once