free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 68 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

6 hours ago, DBG said:

You could always mask it up and Plasti-Dip it like I did, just to see if you like it (it peels off). Wanted to see how it would look without the black roof. I like it. The Dip generally holds up pretty well too. 

41948995220_9bed9aee17_b.jpg

Good shout!  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it home but hard to drive it back in the dark and heavy rain    just have to wait for the rain to stop so I can find out what’s it like to drive 

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I think that used to be on a private plate something to do with the name “Malcolm” IIRC. Last sold about 2 years ago I think.

Does seen cheap, basically trade in money. 

Edit, could be this, think previous owner was on here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/snows_lotus/status/732165807921303552

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I've never understood why people write terrible adverts, it puts me right off a car. I assume they enjoy being emailed/called at all hours asking the same basic questions again and again?

As long as its been repaired properly  I wouldn't be too put off.  Wasn't exactly high speed.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Ledlights said:

Google the registration number...

Yup - YouTube - why’s it always an Audi

Only here once

1 hour ago, fillpoke said:

MDW - do you know something I don't? 'As long as it's been repaired properly' suggests an accident. Has it been in one? And not high speed - ??? I'd be most grateful if you could tell me more......

She is more interested, bending down to inspect the damage she caused to her beloved Audi, rather than the hazard from all cars and trucks speeding past her body and head in the outside lane! Hopeless! 😡

A minor ding to the Evora I would have thought. Very restrained driving from it as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

Fooking Audi drivers. Mostly clueless. Mostly brain dead. Argh.......

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I remember this being up for sale a couple of years ago when I was looking for mine, as Snows are my local dealer.  Think it was for sale for ages, and I seem to recall it was one of at least two cars they took to the Brookland's TLF day that year (with an ex demo yellow early 400).  Was definately on a private plate.

Obviously quite a distinctive car, but not for me.  Stripes are fine on a Mustang on GT40, but not an Evora.  I reckon being red it would need a good T cut if the stripes came off.

Not too surprised to see it this low TBH, especially given that it has since been in a prang.

Interesting one. Not sure it was titally the audis fault that one but hey ho. Wouldn't put me off buying if the repair is good. Lots of cars have had dinks look how many body shops there are in the country. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonnyboy said:

Interesting one. Not sure it was titally the audis fault that one but hey ho. Wouldn't put me off buying if the repair is good. Lots of cars have had dinks look how many body shops there are in the country. 

i agree with you jon.. personally i saw that coming... it happens a lot on roundabouts..  the evora driver could have certainly avoided the accident..  never undertake in that situation.. and  quite obvious to see  the lane was going to be cut way before it was.. whilst the accident is clearly the audi drivers fault for crossing the lane. it could have been easy avoided by a little bit of anticipated thinking and holding off the load pedal.. 

one of those where you go after.. damn that need not have happened..  i would have blamed myself  as much as i would have cursed the  audi driver ...

wouldnt put me off, if that was its only accident...    a shopping trolley would cause more damage...

Hello everyone.

Just posted in the introduction section and excited to be in the hunt for an Evora.

Yesterday I did a test drive in this 2010, N/A manual, 2+0 

https://www.georgemackay.co.uk/used-cars/lotus-evora-3-5-vvt-i-v6-20-coupe-2dr-edinburgh-201805236796662

I wonder if someone knows this car please. Car Reg: SN10 JEG

During my test drive the car drove ok and the gear change was fine. Of course it is not as quick as the S but I can live with that. However, I noticed a couple of things during my test drive:

A) engine cut off on full steering wheel turn (happened only once)

B) faint hissing noise each time the brake pedal is pressed. I think it is coming from behind the dash board (ie where the MC is located)

I wonder about your views about the above issues.

The car is in the price range of the S but it has low mileage. However, I will need to replace the standard exhaust with a sport  one and also the clutch was never changed and the car would need a pint protection film. So this may be another £4-5K (ish). So I wonder if this car the well overpriced?

I welcome your views please

Thank you

A

Edited by Glasgow
Edited to add Car Reg

Looks a good car and in great condition.  But it's a buyers market at the moment.  You could mention the issues and offer a lot less.

A Lotus dealer local to me has a 2009 launch edition with treble that mileage for £30k, so if this car has genuine mileage then it's an ok price.

)Although the +2 rear seats are quite small (especially on the early models) most people opt for them as they make the car more flexible. Id mention to the dealer you are going to try to buy some second hand rear seats for the kids and you want a reflection of this in the price.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

21 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

FYI, @Buddsy, but you can’t easily (or realistically) convert a 2+0 to a 2+2. It would involve taking the car apart entirely in order to weld onto the tub. 

I know but when your trying to make a deal...

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Looks like a really lovely example. I reckon that is a great price.

Get the dealer to agree you taking the car to a lotus dealer to look at and resolve those issues you have identified at their cost... and check the air con compressor and condenser for corrosion. But with 'dry storage' and that mileage you should be fine. 😎

It looks a good car, but it is overpriced imo by 2k. It also has 2 faults that could be expensive to fix. The engine should not stall no matter how much lock you put on. The master cylinder should not his.. Master cylinder replacement is a ball ache and will be a long labour charge. Get the faults investigated and fixed before you buy.