free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 82 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

25 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

Fair enough 

Didn't seem the harm in asking if he'd sorted the issues out as he was charging a higher price :)

either way, definitely not the car + seller for me 

agree on the 27kish being a good entry point for a solid car

the hunt continues....

I purchased my NA this time last year and I had set my budget around £25-27k and I spent 6 + months looking around 

I prefer the Ardent Red but would liked the more brighter colours and to truly honest the sports pack but was also wanting reassurance of lotus dealer 

in the end that criteria pushed the budget to closer to £29k which in the end is what I paid  but not getting sports pack

be patient and hope luck is on your side and you will emerge with best car maybe not exact but best for your budget 

good luck 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I only went and did it, I've put a deposit down on an 09 N/A Evora LE , it's already on the list being formed on the LE thread. Ive either slightly over paid or got less than I'd of liked for the E

This car is now on my driveway. Search complete! Thank you to everyone for all their help. Really appreciated.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Good luck with the hunt @chip2257. If you have a slightly higher budget there was/is someone on here with an absolutely mint LE that was possibly for sale. It is like factory fresh. But it would be starting with a first figure of a 3 I am sure.

Oh, I better hunt it down! Any clues...?

Edited by chip2257

Ta Pete, there isn't one online I've not seen though I bet!

First one is CAT D

Second one is sold

Third looks alright, need to find out what option packs it has, sports is a must for me!

The discs look plain and not cross drilled so I'd say no Sports Pack on that last one. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

9 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

It’s also a 2+0. (You might not want/need the rear seats but 2+0s are historically harder to sell). 

I've heard this is the case yes

Good spot Jonny!

Think I'll pass on that one :)

35 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

My personal view based on selling a +0 is that's not the case from my experience. I had two buyers keen on mine and the dealer snapped it up without hesitation in px and sold it same day.

There is such a small market for cars available and buyers that anyone too choosey as a buyer or inflexible as a seller will need to wait.  

Even superb +2 cars can take a while to sell, for example the lovely red SR at Leven for 6 months plus that has recently sold.

Buy based on your need and condition and sell accordingly.

I'd agree. More space behind the front seats is of more value to me than 2 tiny seats. The red SR buyer is on here (thread recently posted by him). I'm not remotely jealous....!🙄

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
58 minutes ago, Ratman said:

you can transform a 2+2 into a 2+0 but not the contrary

And.....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Anyone looking for a S version, this one seems great value now having just been dropped to 35k and comes with the premium pack which in my opinion is a great addition, downside is the higher running cost against a NA.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-s-2-0-sport-tech-premium/9340652

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

If you haven’t got small kids 2+2 is perhaps can be taken off your tick list?

Lol ignore me, I'm just a grumpy old git. If I had young kids I'd still prefer the +0 to get some piece and quiet.... 🤣😂

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol ignore me, I'm just a grumpy old git. If I had young kids I'd still prefer the +0 to get some piece and quiet.... 🤣😂

I had an mx5 and was involved in accident my young daughter was in front and experience was not pleasant especially when air bag went off 

so when I looked for replacement car Evora fitted the criteria that my daughter wouldn’t be in front but fairly safe in the back and pluggged into her iPhone 

• Like 1

Sold my 2+0 no problems.  Prefer them personally, so don’t let it put you off if you are after a 2 seater sports car. 

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

6 hours ago, DJW said:

Sold my 2+0 no problems.  Prefer them personally, so don’t let it put you off if you are after a 2 seater sports car. 

Good to know! :)

2 minutes ago, Ratman said:

still surprised how corrosion is an issue in UK.

here, in Italy, is very rare to find an engine in the same conditions like the one in the link below.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-122-v6-4-2010/9402344

Do you mean the one you've linked to is good or bad? :D

5 minutes ago, chip2257 said:

Do you mean the one you've linked to is good or bad? :D

the engine is probably ok, but the aluminum surface is corroded.

not a mechanical issue, but aesthetic. Here, this corrosion does not happens due to the different weather. I remember a recent image of a red Evora S with the volumetric in the same condition.

• Like 1