free hit
counters
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 94 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin G

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Noticed 4 or 5 Gt410's have come up for sale circa £75k ,  with a few thousand miles on (2 at stratton and 2 at Snows). Look like ex lotus with the AU registration. ...Just out of interest...Would that put you off if they have been used as 'experience'  cars by lotus? 

Edited by marcfair

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, marcfair said:

Noticed 4 or 5 Gt410's have come up for sale circa £75k ,  with a few thousand miles on (2 at stratton and 2 at Snows). Look like ex lotus with the AU registration. ...Just out of interest...Would that put you off if they have been used as 'experience'  cars by lotus? 

Not at all. Buy on condition and service history. Also take it out for an extended drive to make sure you’re comfortable with it. And when you fall in love with it, buy it. Mine was ex-press and was a beaut. 

• Like 1

Bloody hell - don’t worry - I’m sure they are warranted cars so bag a bargain 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Doesn’t bother me. I’m off the opinion that the cars are really well looked after as if they broke down or didn’t perform at 100% while in the hands of press or social media influencers then it would have bad repercussions.  So I think the oil and consumables would be changed regularly and possibly more than normal to keep everything top top! 

• Like 1

I had a short drive in a Gt410 at Leven Lotus earlier in the year when my Elise was in for service  and i thought it was excellent.  Unfortunately  I  don't  currently have the funds for one, but they do look good value, ....can't wait till I do though 😁  

One other  disappointment and is slightly putting me off buying  any of the new lotus  cars is lack of dealer in the North East, 1hr 20 to my nearest dealer in north west or 2hrs up to Leven in Scotland. I hope Lotus will invest in the dealer network  as well  as  the new cars.

Too true, Barry.

Occasionally (like after Harry's review of the 410, or following some tourist in a Rover 75 when the straights are just too short) I think I need a supercharged new model in my life, but just a few seconds In my 2010 NA reminds that (while the 400s, 410s, 430s are undoubtedly wonderful things), I really don't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EGTE said:

Too true, Barry.

Occasionally (like after Harry's review of the 410, or following some tourist in a Rover 75 when the straights are just too short) I think I need a supercharged new model in my life, but just a few seconds In my 2010 NA reminds that (while the 400s, 410s, 430s are undoubtedly wonderful things), I really don't.

To be fair, if I'd not have done an overtake in the N/A I wouldn't try it in the 400. If you need the performance differential to do the overtake then it's way too close a call to be considered safe. In many ways the N/A could be considered a more appropriate road car, opportunities to exploit the performance differential are few but the temptation is there.

• Love 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

13 hours ago, marcfair said:

Would that put you off if they have been used as 'experience'  cars by lotus?

Lotus don't used GT410's in the driving academy, they will be ex-management cars so mainly motorway miles.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

On 31/07/2019 at 19:25, marcfair said:

I think Stratton cars also have AU prefix, they are quite near Hethel

6 hours ago, MattyB said:
6 hours ago, MattyB said:

looks good but like you say just 3 services in 9 years don’t make sense and 9k off options when new and they forget add a sports Exhaust to the list?

3 services in 9 years doesn’t look good in a calendar sense but it works on mileage (8k, 16k & 22k). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

3 services in 9 years doesn’t look good

Just that really. The service schedule is miles or time, whichever occurs first. What else was missed or possible scrimped on?   The mileage may well be low but the oil was 3 years old. Is that good?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just that really. The service schedule is miles or time, whichever occurs first. What else was missed or possible scrimped on?   The mileage may well be low but the oil was 3 years old. Is that good?

You wouldn't want to be using oil that'd be hanging around for a couple of million years or so, now would you?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bruss said:

You wouldn't want to be using oil that'd be hanging around for a couple of million years or so, now would you?

Big difference between the raw material and the refined end product with additives etc.....  :devil:

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

True, but oil sitting unused for a few years isn't going to deteriorate that much or absorb water. The main deterioration is through use, petrol wash and condensate with heat causing chemical breakdown.

Drive it home, change the oil, or if it's at a dealer get them to service it before sale.

Indeed that was my car. I just wasn't using it so sold it. Someone will get a lovely car.

Having had 4 Lotus' including 2 evora's i'm thinking of going totally different and getting an Atom next!

3 hours ago, woza said:

Indeed that was my car. I just wasn't using it so sold it. Someone will get a lovely car.

Having had 4 Lotus' including 2 evora's i'm thinking of going totally different and getting an Atom next!

Fantastic cars Atoms but would it get any more use than the Evora given its even less practical?

OK, so after 4+ years I've decided I'm definitely going to sell the Evora. Very difficult decision as every time I drive it I fall in love with it, but I'm just not driving it enough.

I had considered chopping it in for an Elise, but Elise prices seem to be very strong now, so might go without for a while.

Anybody had any recent experience of the market for an Evora S IPS 2012 MY (27k miles)?

37 minutes ago, Inkyfingers said:

Anybody had any recent experience of the market for an Evora S IPS 2012 MY (27k miles)?

Yes (sort of). Someone else has tried to sell an IPS recently (was it @Sumsion?) and I don’t think that he had many, if any, enquires. 

Interestedly on autotrader at present there are 10 Evoras under £35k which is the most in the last 12-16 months 

all prices are seemly very keenly priced not  any particular bargains on the price advertised ? 

This one would be a fab buy for someone 

There’s more at less than 30k than I’ve seen for a long time - and I’ve been keeping an eye on them for at least the last 12 months

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907260494780?postcode=wr65ab&make=LOTUS&model=EVORA&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&page=1

Only here once