free hit
counters
Production of Evora 400 ceased? - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Production of Evora 400 ceased?

Snoopy1969

14 hours ago, bosshog said:

The replacement IS the GT410 in the Uk at least. I think the US is going to keep getting the 400 no?

I'm still confused as to whether Production of the 400 has stopped or not? It's still shown on the Website - does anyone on here work for Lotus/ a dealer to confirm either way?

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Went to the website today and it seems  only the Evora GT410 Sport is now in production, the Evora 400 is only listed on the US version of the website and the GT430 and GT430 Sport runs seem to have now run their course. The dealers do have stock so a 400, a 410, a 430 can still be sorted  but it seems if one wants to get your his own customer factory spec, one is out of luck. 

Does it mean an overhaul of the Evora range is imminent?

A final edition Evora would not warrant an Evo exclusive...  Would it?

Beside the anticipated new models Exige and Esprit are still at least two years away from mass production, Lotus can't really do with the only car that will trully sells globally. 

Edited by NedaSay

… because the forms of the front and rear bumper are going to be worn out soon and were not fitting 100% into the Lotus face history too? … but revamping them or even replace by a new design is too expensive due to some controller´s excel sheet 😉 So they simply chose to devalue the limited editions GT(S)430 and use their forms for the 410 too … and yes maybe they are even running out of Evora 400 badges. 

At the moment I can not believe in product strategy. It might be all more simple. 
In the long run Geely will make it all okay. Volvo worked out well. But we will see.
If Lotus gives up 6-cylinders like Volvo did … how do they want to challenge Porsche? 

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, pete757 said:

By using a new twin turbo hybrid 4 cylinder. 

I hope not - 6 beats four every time. And the new Esprit needs to have 8.  By all means stick a hybrid scavenging/battery doo-daa alongside the 6 and 8, and leave the 4 for the Elise.  What a cracking range of cars that would be....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

KERS would be a packaging nightmare but a 48v battery may work... However if they do revamp the car I doubt they'll touch the engine bay... The engine bed was not engineered with a straight 4 cyl in mind only with a V6 or 3 cyl. 

Possible scenario they drop the Toyota V6 for the Geely V6 and let the R&D and engineering divisions loose on it. This engine has the same base line spec so I would expect the same kind of output with the supercharger, but of course being made by Geely it can be "finessed" internally if they feel like it, global homologation and certification being a lot less of a problem considering Geely can foot the bill on it and pair the engine with their chinese Luxury models this generating some economies of scale making the project less of a ballerina. Still remains the issue of finding a manual gearbox to cope with more torque. 

I do think we'll get a 410 Sport with touring pack making it the new 400 (rear seat, glass lid instead of louvres, regular suspensions, supersport or Cup 4 tyres instead of Cup 2) 8 speed gearbox to replace the 6 speed auto. They could also revamp the interior with Volvo Geely-tech, if a business case can be made for it... 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

Evora 400 still shows on the UK Website https://www.lotuscars.com/explore-lotus-evora-range

As does GT430 + GT430 Sport 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Interesting, I see the models now while last time i did go on the UK website it did not show them, could it have been a bad update on the website or possibly my browser... That would not make sense... Confused and intrigued.

9 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Interesting, I see the models now while last time i did go on the UK website it did not show them, could it have been a bad update on the website or possibly my browser... That would not make sense... Confused and intrigued.

It definitely wasn't showing when I looked the other day.......maybe an issue with the website or maybe they changed their minds at the last minute!!

It doesn't really make sense to me anyway.  I jumped from a Cayman to a 400 and justified the cost increase because it was still cheaper than a similarly optioned base 911.  The 410, however good it may be, is more expensive that the 911 S and for me at the time would have not been justifiable.

IMHO If you want to take the brand in the McLaren direction, then I think you need a new product that is comparable with a 540 or a 570 and charge more obviously.  The 430, again a great car, but for non Lotus customers, it's still an Evora, which to many people will always be considered as a car that should be at a different price point.

Keep selling the Evora at all levels, at least until you have developed an 'Esprit' supercar and then sell that at 570 money and gradually raise the bar if that's the direction they want Lotus to go.

If you look at McLaren, it's sort of the same car.....540, 570, 600, 720.  OK the 720 is bordering on Hypercar status, but the others are versions of a similar theme and all share the same platform and power train.  Maybe that's the way forward for Lotus.

The Price difference between the different markets is greater than the Uk.

The Evora is a stunningly capable car and in Australia is half the price of  a 570.  To me its a bargin entry super car with out the Mclaren service headaches. 

You can't order a new 400 from Lotus but they are still on the website as dealers do have new cars in stock so it makes sense that the OEM has the details online. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, au-yt said:

The Price difference between the different markets is greater than the Uk.

The Evora is a stunningly capable car and in Australia is half the price of  a 570.  To me its a bargin entry super car with out the Mclaren service headaches. 

You make a very good point there.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

You can't order a new 400 from Lotus but they are still on the website as dealers do have new cars in stock so it makes sense that the OEM has the details online. 

Thanks for clarifying that 👍