free hit
counters
1999 V8 esprit No Start issue - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yonoid

1999 V8 esprit No Start issue

So let me first say this is not my car. I am just the lucky guy working on it.

First things first , I have no fuel pressure at fuel rail. I Also have no power to the relay from what looks like comes from the inertia switch, so that being said I can power the pump and achieve 60 psi still no start. I have found 4 oxygen sensor wires melted together by an exhaust pipe. I have checked my crank signal and boy does it looks funny no proper ac wave form, looks like im up around the 4-5 volt mark never crossing ground.

When I check the ground side of the crank signal it does not stay grounded it gets a reading of approx 1.6 volts.

I have a serious lack of information about this vehicle. I also have no check engine light when I key it up..... the guy who owns this says its possible the bulb was removed. I am just thinking the ecu on this car is finished.

So is the ecm responsible for maintaining ground on the crank signal side? maybe the ecm is not grounded properly. I have no pin out of the ecu available to me. Another thing I can not communicate to the ecu using a scanner, just keeps saying no communication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated than ks in advance 

Edited by Yonoid

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can help you with an ECM pinout listing if you PM me your email details.

The ECM grounds terminate on the bellhousing - always a good place to check first..

You really need to try and pull down some of the error codes to see what has been going on - which OBD port are you using? The compartment or front passenger one?

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hi mike thanks for the reply. So I have no communication from either obd 2 connector. Front pass side seems dead and rear connector at relay panel also has no communication.

however at the rear connector I have power on I think pin 16 and ground on pin 7. so it will activate the scanner which is a snapon solus. but it will not communicate.

Email on the way.

As mentioned, it would be really helpful to get access to any stored error codes and determine the ECM itself is still functional.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

My fingers and toes are crossed for you

Only here once