free hit
counters
Looking for Evora - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Looking for Evora

Ben135

Hi, I'm new to the forum and having sold my S1 Elise 135 with a heavy heart due to the arrival of child #2 I am looking to replace with another Lotus... this time with 4(ish) seats 

Perfect would be MY12 chrome orange S +4, either SR or non-SR with decent spec.  Will be a w/e car so looking for manual rather than IPS. Realising the scarcity of orange I would consider other colours.

Preference is an S but would consider n/a with ideal colour/spec/price. 

Been tracking the usual locations for a few weeks so I am bracing myself for a lengthy search!

Thank you

Ben

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Ben! 

Keep an eye on our classifieds, some lovely member owned cars pop up in there from time to time :)

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ad-category/cars/evora/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi Tim, that seems to be the problem! People get a good one and keep hold of it. Was the same with the Elise, had it 7 years and only sold as I never used it and only have a single garage so couldn't keep and get the Evora.

Thanks Bibs, I've added to my favourites....checking is turning into a bit of a compulsion

• Like 1

It’s also worth getting in touch with all of the various Lotus dealers and telling them exactly what you’re after. 

A lot of Evoras are part-ex’d (often for 4XX Evoras) and never make it to the market because they are sold onto a waiting list. 

I was looking for a manual as well but ended up with an IPS, I drove a couple and I felt it was perfectly fine for driving on the road and I'm not planning to track it at all.  IPS helps make it more GT for me too.  You've still got full control of the gears in sport / manual mode so when you want to blast along its more than willing.  Just a thought, given the scarcity of them and that search for the 'perfect one' - though IPS' are rarer than manuals anyway!

There was a 2014 manual yellow NA SR around the time I was looking but it went JUST before I could get my mits on it!  So like the advice above suggests - get to know dealers around the country and you'll get a call as one comes in 🙂

Thanks Dean, I haven't driven an IPS and I think I may have dismissed due to the fact it is a torque converter but agree I should give it a go and not dismiss without trying. I appreciate I may end up with an IPS (or a N/A or a different colour). Seems what I am after is pretty rare (at least for sale) but if I compromise on colour, or gearbox, or engine, there are suitable cars for sale now. I then have another decision - which compromise is the best one to make. I will get on the lists with the dealers and see what that throws up.

6 hours ago, Ben135 said:

I haven't driven an IPS and I think I may have dismissed due to the fact it is a torque converter but agree I should give it a go and not dismiss without trying.

Have a read through my long term test reports, plenty of info & my thoughts on the IPS in there :)

https://www.thelotusforums.com/category/latest-news/long-term-tests/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.