free hit
counters
Engine Covers - Sport 350 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine Covers - Sport 350

Hi. 

Quick question, can the engine covers that were supplied in the early V6S be fitted to a sport 350? They don’t seem to come with any. It’s not the prettiest of engine bays and thing they would enhance them, especially if in carbon. 

Jusy not sure if the fixings to attach them are there on the Sport 350?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I fitted back to mine, you also need all the brackets as there are no longer there. You need the following parts:

2 x A138W6001F stud
3 x B120B0291F Isolator
3 x A120E7232F Bolt
3 x A132W6019F Tower Clip
1 x B138E0017F Engine Cover Bracket LH
1 x B128E0018F Engine Cover Bracket RH
2 x A132W5013F Bolt
2 x A132W5003F Bolt

Heres mine:

PTyqhfb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrP_ said:

I fitted back to mine, you also need all the brackets as there are no longer there. You need the following parts:

2 x A138W6001F stud
3 x B120B0291F Isolator
3 x A120E7232F Bolt
2 x A132W5013F Bolt
2 x A132W5003F Bolt

Heres mine:

PTyqhfb.jpg

That looks lovely. 

9 hours ago, MrP_ said:

2 x A138W6001F stud
3 x B120B0291F Isolator
3 x A120E7232F Bolt
2 x A132W5013F Bolt
2 x A132W5003F Bolt

Elise-shop also do that lot as a part of a kit:

http://www.elise-shop.com/cf-engine-cover-fitting-kit-for-evora-s-p-503105.html

10 hours ago, MrP_ said:

2 x A138W6001F stud
3 x B120B0291F Isolator
3 x A120E7232F Bolt
2 x A132W5013F Bolt
2 x A132W5003F Bolt

Heres mine:

PTyqhfb.jpg

Thanks for that. Really helpful!

your engine bay looks great. Have you had other work done ?

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Yep that’s where I got the list originally, parts were cheaper from local dealer though

1 hour ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Thanks for that. Really helpful!

your engine bay looks great. Have you had other work done ?

Just cleaned and dressed properly with gtechniq CSL and ExoV3 (plastics just got Exo), then washed each time I clean the car.

49 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Yep that’s where I got the list originally, parts were cheaper from local dealer though

Ah, good point. 

If the OP ordered the parts via @Bibs, he would also get a further 10% discount. (If the OP also had an FFM, that is, of course). 

• 2 weeks later...

It couldn't possibly fit the Evora anyway, as the gas strut for the boot lid support is very much in the way.

Theres a photo earlier in this thread which appears to show it's possible to fit both covers to an Evora, but the key part is obscured, I imagine because the owner has hacked a big chunk off the cover.

If I could fit it I would as I rather like the look. 

17 hours ago, trcm said:

I have the CF rear cover plate (rear of car) and mounting bracket going spare as counter to what EliseShop said it doesn't fit an Evora. :(

It does fit an Evora. See my photo above. 

But as you’ve discovered, you either got to cut the cf cover (no thanks) or remove the rhs boot strut bracket. I opted for the latter. 

This is how I keep the bootlid up:

613D07D0-29E7-4953-943E-BCBB3DF2E6C5.jpeg

See... added lightness. ;)

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

These covers (presumably produced by HKFever) are a perfect fit. 

I’ve ordered:

Switch panel covers (needed cutting to fit)

Airbag cover (fitted fine)

Binnacle (truly awful fit, will need a lot of cutting)

Side sills (crap fit, carbon needed polishing, had holes in for fixing where not neeed)

If I need carbon in the future (unlikely, but you never know), I’d go to Komo-tec 

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

These covers (presumably produced by HKFever) are a perfect fit. 

Yes they are a perfect fit, but I did also layer some extra carbon on the mounting posts as they looks a little light, it was preemptive and didn't break just belt and braces

Komotec also use HKFever, the engine covers are identical to EliseShop. Komotec are gradually moving away to other items, LEA Carbon and I'm not sure where there in-house stuff is made such as the Komotec Wing. Most stud

EliseShop seem to use a mix of HK Fever, and lately Win-Ace who have seem to have considerably better fit

Eltech seem to be a good fit, but obviously it will vary piece by piece, they do respond to issues generally if there are any

LEA carbon all seems good

WIn-Ace seem all good, but you either need to need Elise Shop or import yourself. The first option take forever and getting specific items seems a battle, the latter is a hassle as you have to sort stuff out - trying to work out if its a risk to buy loads and it all goes wrong. Been trying to make the decision for months.

For all the interior parts I wish you could get them matt to cut down reflections, but gloss seems to be default so unless eltech or LEA will do a custom finish I need to refinish parts anyway

19 hours ago, PaulLF1 said:

Will this fit an Exige?

Yes, you need the bracket which I think he had anyway

On 27/08/2018 at 10:16, GFWilliams said:

I’ve ordered:

Switch panel covers (needed cutting to fit)

Airbag cover (fitted fine)

Binnacle (truly awful fit, will need a lot of cutting)

Side sills (crap fit, carbon needed polishing, had holes in for fixing where not neeed)

If I need carbon in the future (unlikely, but you never know), I’d go to Komo-tec 

I just got the Binnacle cover myself from Elise shop, not tried to fit it because I don't fancy the hassle and will get the dealer to do it soon. 
When did you order yours? Just curious, maybe they've fixed their niggles between then? We shall see! 

These look really smart and would look spot on with the Komo-Tec filter! Just noticed I don't have a rear engine cover, and noticed other cars have them missing too. Maybe they forgot about them on the later V6 cars...