free hit
counters
89 SE vs. Non-SE Oxygen sensors - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Gamma195

89 SE vs. Non-SE Oxygen sensors

Gents,

Does anyone know if the O2 sensor for a 89 GM injected non-SE is the same as the SE version? The one installed currently is an acdelco afs 93 and I am locloking for a replacement. It would seem the AFS 93 has a different connector.

I currently have a non-SE Turbo.

Thanks!

Edited by Gamma195

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The part number is the same for all the vehicles using the Delco ecu. It sounds like someone has changed the OE sensor and it's connector for a different one on your car.

I finally got a few minutes to rip out the old O2 sensor. Looks like a bit of a hack job with a bosch 13030 connector and a different ACDELCO sensor. Also interesting, a slight tug on the connector and one of the wires came out and the sensor was only hand-tight in the manifold. So, I ordered a Bosch sensor and will report when installed. I have a feeling that it will run much better when complete.

For the record, the ACDELCO AFS93 is not the correct sensor (for all you future searchers out there)

Edited by Gamma195