free hit
counters
NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Cooper

NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue

Doubting myself here so just went out to the garage to check. They definitely look great out of the box!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cars looking great and is the colour I always wanted but couldn't find.

All you've done is spot on, and please, leave the wheels silver, theres not many of us that have them and they look great on some car colours.

I agree that like you, I found the alias skirts a good enough match straight off and it means you wont get paint chips later on. How about some rear canards now?

Martin S

ps Now toying with the black rear area and number plate mount removal. How easy was that?

20190408_172521.jpg

Edited by MARTIN_S
  • Like 1

I like the silver wheels too! 

Rear plinth is tricky it’s held on by very strong double sided tape and bending it when you are pulling it can mark the clam. 

Then just a good coach builder to do the painting. Lotus give the paint they use for the black in the workshop manual. I also bought the masking kit but it was probably OTT, although has left mine perfect. Good painter helped that too. 

Hey guys, I've seen various side skirts fitted but if I look at the original placed side skirts quite a few people seem to have fitted them the other way around.. I think it can be fitted both though. Fyi

Screenshot_20190726-005338_Samsung Internet.jpg

21 minutes ago, PJ said:

Hey guys, I've seen various side skirts fitted but if I look at the original placed side skirts quite a few people seem to have fitted them the other way around.. I think it can be fitted both though. Fyi

Screenshot_20190726-005338_Samsung Internet.jpg

They are a different shape each end, so can’t be reversed unless you cut them, and then they’ll end up too short to blend into the mud flap. 

They’re just a different shape to OEM

Yes, I know what you mean and there are some differences in between the brands. Mine from Eltech are installed like the ones similar to original on 380 and 430 (cup) only a bit more out at the back to highlight them even better. 

Screenshot_20190726-013250_AutoScout24.jpg

• Like 1

They only go on one way.   Well they could go on the wrong way I guess.  Mine are @alias23 who is knocking out great stuff for the exige, looking forward to getting my hands on his intake kit!

2 hours ago, Cooper said:

They only go on one way.   Well they could go on the wrong way I guess.  Mine are @alias23 who is knocking out great stuff for the exige, looking forward to getting my hands on his intake kit!

Nope, can go differently also like the 380 and 430 :)! Perhaps it's the make. 

Yes, love Imran his stuff too. Use his engine plaque and awaiting the intake also, can't wait! 

Screenshot_20190726-145035_Gallery.jpg

29 minutes ago, PJ said:

Nope, can go differently also like the 380 and 430 :)! Perhaps it's the make. 

Yes, love Imran his stuff too. Use his engine plaque and awaiting the intake also, can't wait! 

Screenshot_20190726-145035_Gallery.jpg

I'm referring to Imran's which are different.

On 25/07/2019 at 07:29, MARTIN_S said:

Cars looking great and is the colour I always wanted but couldn't find.

All you've done is spot on, and please, leave the wheels silver, theres not many of us that have them and they look great on some car colours.

I agree that like you, I found the alias skirts a good enough match straight off and it means you wont get paint chips later on. How about some rear canards now?

Martin S

ps Now toying with the black rear area and number plate mount removal. How easy was that?

20190408_172521.jpg

Martin, looking good.

Are the rear canards from Deroure/Lotus or somewhere else?

Fitted @alias23 intake last night.  First of all, what a quality kit.  Lovely ali welds, quality of everything is superb and the level of detail from the mm perfect silicone joiner to the P-clip and replacement wheel arch liner washers.  Fitting guide also comprehensive. 

Took me a few hours to fit, and after a fairly tame run to work to let the ECU learn the whine is addictive.  Added benefit that on light throttle its barely noticable, so my morning podcast was unaffected.  Hopefully it dries off so I can get the roof off going home and really let it whiiiiiiine.

B4D8CBBF-8651-4C87-BCA4-9C2973FFD8DF.jpeg

D2AF01CD-4AA1-4843-9217-F346C403F93B.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Five50 said:

Nice write up. Interested to know what the bum dyno thinks of it,

It was wet coming home this evening so hard to say. Feels sharper. 

The sound is incredible, as if the car could be any more addictive!  

• Like 1