free hit
counters
NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue


Recommended Posts

  • 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Folks Just collected my Essex Blue V6S over the weekend.  One of a very few over here in Northern Ireland but I'm going to make a bit of an effort to round up some of the local Lotus owners he

Needless to say the current situation isn't conducive to updates, however had her out for a great run along with a mate yesterday around Lough Neagh - we self isolated in our fibreglass boxes for the

Side sills courtesy of @alias23 now fitted.

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...

Cars looking great and is the colour I always wanted but couldn't find.

All you've done is spot on, and please, leave the wheels silver, theres not many of us that have them and they look great on some car colours.

I agree that like you, I found the alias skirts a good enough match straight off and it means you wont get paint chips later on. How about some rear canards now?

Martin S

ps Now toying with the black rear area and number plate mount removal. How easy was that?

 

20190408_172521.jpg

Edited by MARTIN_S
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the silver wheels too! 

Rear plinth is tricky it’s held on by very strong double sided tape and bending it when you are pulling it can mark the clam. 

Then just a good coach builder to do the painting. Lotus give the paint they use for the black in the workshop manual. I also bought the masking kit but it was probably OTT, although has left mine perfect. Good painter helped that too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I've seen various side skirts fitted but if I look at the original placed side skirts quite a few people seem to have fitted them the other way around.. I think it can be fitted both though. Fyi

Screenshot_20190726-005338_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PJ said:

Hey guys, I've seen various side skirts fitted but if I look at the original placed side skirts quite a few people seem to have fitted them the other way around.. I think it can be fitted both though. Fyi

Screenshot_20190726-005338_Samsung Internet.jpg

They are a different shape each end, so can’t be reversed unless you cut them, and then they’ll end up too short to blend into the mud flap. 

They’re just a different shape to OEM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I know what you mean and there are some differences in between the brands. Mine from Eltech are installed like the ones similar to original on 380 and 430 (cup) only a bit more out at the back to highlight them even better. 

Screenshot_20190726-013250_AutoScout24.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They only go on one way.   Well they could go on the wrong way I guess.  Mine are @alias23 who is knocking out great stuff for the exige, looking forward to getting my hands on his intake kit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooper said:

They only go on one way.   Well they could go on the wrong way I guess.  Mine are @alias23 who is knocking out great stuff for the exige, looking forward to getting my hands on his intake kit!

Nope, can go differently also like the 380 and 430 :)! Perhaps it's the make. 

Yes, love Imran his stuff too. Use his engine plaque and awaiting the intake also, can't wait! 

Screenshot_20190726-145035_Gallery.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PJ said:

Nope, can go differently also like the 380 and 430 :)! Perhaps it's the make. 

Yes, love Imran his stuff too. Use his engine plaque and awaiting the intake also, can't wait! 

 

Screenshot_20190726-145035_Gallery.jpg

I'm referring to Imran's which are different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2019 at 07:29, MARTIN_S said:

Cars looking great and is the colour I always wanted but couldn't find.

All you've done is spot on, and please, leave the wheels silver, theres not many of us that have them and they look great on some car colours.

I agree that like you, I found the alias skirts a good enough match straight off and it means you wont get paint chips later on. How about some rear canards now?

Martin S

ps Now toying with the black rear area and number plate mount removal. How easy was that?

 

20190408_172521.jpg

Martin, looking good.

Are the rear canards from Deroure/Lotus or somewhere else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Fitted @alias23 intake last night.  First of all, what a quality kit.  Lovely ali welds, quality of everything is superb and the level of detail from the mm perfect silicone joiner to the P-clip and replacement wheel arch liner washers.  Fitting guide also comprehensive. 

Took me a few hours to fit, and after a fairly tame run to work to let the ECU learn the whine is addictive.  Added benefit that on light throttle its barely noticable, so my morning podcast was unaffected.  Hopefully it dries off so I can get the roof off going home and really let it whiiiiiiine.

B4D8CBBF-8651-4C87-BCA4-9C2973FFD8DF.jpeg

D2AF01CD-4AA1-4843-9217-F346C403F93B.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Five50 said:

Nice write up. Interested to know what the bum dyno thinks of it,

It was wet coming home this evening so hard to say. Feels sharper. 

The sound is incredible, as if the car could be any more addictive!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great idea these. Lift pucks from Elise shop. These hide abound the belly panel but allow you to jack at point C without taking the rear panel off. 
 

I also got some more jacking point labels to label the cover so there is absolutely no doubt as to where the jacking points are. 

19765B78-C041-494C-9E30-7ACC7832035B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remove body pan. Beside jacking point C there’s a bolt - nearest to the silll. Remove it. Bolt in puck. Job done.  Refit panel and measure up/apply label. 
 

When the two post rear legs line up with the label it will be tight against the puck on the inside of the pan, which is right on jacking point C. 

Yet to get it on a lift but I foresee no issue. 

https://www.elise-shop.com/lift-pucks-elise-exige-p-502686.html

Edited by Cooper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

It’s an interesting colour this, Andy. Brightness seems to vary massively under different lights. In some pics looks quite a light blue, in others really dark.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...