free hit
counters
NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue - Page 3 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

NI Exige V6s - Essex Blue

With all this time I gave the car a coat of Bilt Hamber - excellent easy to use wax.  Also decided to pull the rims off and clean the rear faces.

What I didn't expect was lots of caked on pad, likely DS2500 before I changed them.  No problem though, time consuming but Auto Glyn Magma Iron Fallout remover did the job in the end:

3CE35505-BBE9-4CF5-B07B-0D3F01A67B79.thumb.jpeg.8517ef7d300967e1f59b9c91b74687f0.jpeg

Highly recommend this as part of your Covid-19 cleaning schedule.  A quick coat of bilt hamber on the rims and now they're lovey:

30E2C463-2445-48FD-AD54-65D1F1BB0555.thumb.jpeg.6135c78b2c53d05bbb0d4a287eaf127e.jpeg

Couple of tips (picked up from here) - hockey puck on the jack to catch the jacking point in the centre on either side, kinder to the chassis.  Also when refitting rims I make a point of using the torque wrench on the wheel nuts.  I think the book is 105Nm for the standard collared nuts, I've swapped for black ones without a collar so do a bit more.

The car needs for nothing (as usual really) and is ready to do loads of miles in this fantastic weather.... the most it may get is an essential supplies run.

Stay safe!

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Folks Just collected my Essex Blue V6S over the weekend.  One of a very few over here in Northern Ireland but I'm going to make a bit of an effort to round up some of the local Lotus owners he

Needless to say the current situation isn't conducive to updates, however had her out for a great run along with a mate yesterday around Lough Neagh - we self isolated in our fibreglass boxes for the

Side sills courtesy of @alias23 now fitted.

Posted Images

I noticed when going to her recent service at Lotus plugs among other things were due.  Simple process so job done and popped a guide together for anyone else:

Otherwise no changes to report other than getting out for a few miles now and with the top off in good weather... I couldn't imagine anything more fun to drive!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Had a bit of a photo shoot today. Got a teaser through and think she looks great. 

D5231341-20A7-451C-B495-34FDEAF2E9C8.thumb.jpeg.772eae930096bc2e28cca41271014d54.jpeg

Whilst I’m minded I’m possibly thinking of selling up to fund another Lotus purchase. Not at the placing an ad stage yet but at the same time would prefer to give anyone here a heads up. Give me a PM if interested. 

Edited by Cooper
  • Like 2