free hit
counters
s2 gold corduroy in my doors trim insert! - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

s2 gold corduroy in my doors trim insert!

I'm rebuilding my 78110134s s2, new inside leather. From Andy Graham, There is no history for the inside trim, but i assume it was black leather. The last owner had the car from about 1984, until he passed away 10 years ago. His son took the car and put it in a wharehouse. Bought it 2 years ago, the last owner said it was a JPS. Never sure about that, but when my leather guy remove the old yellow leather to put new Napa one, he Found under, the old corduroy tissus that we find un the JPS cars!!!!!

My question is, can we find the same JPS  inside trim on a non- JPS?

Also, we removed the windshield and back glass, and we discover that inside of these mldg was good anodized. Outside, it has Been paint on 1986, my painter told me that under the painted mldgs, there was some anodized gold left.

Pic of the door trim to follow, for the glass mldg, i juste hope se didnt throw it just for taking photos....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are right. I finished the project last June, will have better pics to show, but for now, here some!

Good evening Roo, You are right, surely, its not a JPS, wrong steering and shifter, the original stripping was the two small lines, but, for the rest, i have no answers yet, and this is why i`m asking

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jack Demers said:

I'm rebuilding my 78110134s s2, new inside leather. From Andy Graham, There is no history for the inside trim, but i assume it was black leather. The last owner had the car from about 1984, until he passed away 10 years ago. His son took the car and put it in a wharehouse. Bought it 2 years ago, the last owner said it was a JPS. Never sure about that, but when my leather guy remove the old yellow leather to put new Napa one, he Found under, the old corduroy tissus that we find un the JPS cars!!!!!

My question is, can we find the same JPS  inside trim on a non- JPS?

Also, we removed the windshield and back glass, and we discover that inside of these mldg was good anodized. Outside, it has Been paint on 1986, my painter told me that under the painted mldgs, there was some anodized gold left.

Pic of the door trim to follow, for the glass mldg, i juste hope se didnt throw it just for taking photos....

Considering the first "JPS" Commemorative Edition cars for the USA were completed in March 1979, it is hard to believe an Esprit finished in December 1978 would be to the same specification. If Andy Graham can't confirm it then I doubt it is a "JPS". My car , #010, is chassis number 79020136S. It is possible it received the same trim as a "JPS", Lotus made so many different colour interiors it's hard to keep up with them. Is the steering wheel original? Some more interior pictures may help to identify it.

Good evening Roo, You are right, surely, its not a JPS, wrong steering and shifter, the original stripping was the two small lines, but, for the rest, i have no answers yet, and this is why i`m asking for more infos about the 0133s  chassis; the 0133s suppose having the same Equipment than mine....

I came from my leather guy earlier today, took this pic of the inner plywood witch keep the leather and foam together, and the inner mldgfading to chrome on the outside, but gold Inside.

20160929_132519.jpg

20160624_133949.jpg

20160601_090334.jpg

39922751_252389398949579_4369641628927787008_n.jpg

inside mldg.jpg

• Like 1

132S, 135S and 136S were all "JPS". Your interior is very much like that fitted to those cars. They may have been experimenting with materials and tried it out on your car and 133S as well. Sadly no way of knowing after all these years.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...