free hit
counters
HELP - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mark030358

HELP

Can’t believe this. Fuel warning light has come on, but not the orange colour, just pure white. Just before this happened it started to flash amber and fuel gauge showed 4 bars. Found a garage and put about 20 litres in. Gauge then read full but has stayed showing full for over 150 miles worth of driving.

Car is driving fine, so any suggestions? One thing I thought about was disconnecting the battery to see if the panel reset I know the lithium battery has a cut out but can’t remember how to reset it, anybody help with this too?

finally I have my original GRP Halo lights fitted, just also wondering if these could be screwing up the Canbus?

cheers

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've called this in and no-one is aware of any reason the fuel light would flash and go white. While it's unlikely to be the lights, unless there's a miswiring, if that's the last thing you changed it does sound a touch suspicious.

@Bibs Hi Bibs,

Maybe I'm just a bit stupid and not noticed this before. If you look at the picture (although I have the later dials) there are two fuel pump symbols, one just right of the fuel the fuel gauge in white and one slightly more to the right in amber. The one that was flickering, and I'm 100% certain of this was the white one, whilst the amber one was off. Will put some fuel in tomorrow and see how much goes in. When I parked up just the tank still showing full.

Any ideas if dropping the battery off will help?

Thanks

Mark

Car on a brighter note has been FANTASTIC.  Only seen one other Lotus in around a 1000 miles, Elan a Green Elan M100 near Lake Lucerne this afternoon.

Dash.png

6 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Any ideas if dropping the battery off will help?

It can't do any harm. Make sure you give the car 15 odd mins after key-off to give it a chance to close off all the ECU information it needs. 

The white one is not a tell-tale, nor is it backlit (just tested it on a 380 in the workshop).

Sounds like it may be that your float level sender in the tank is stuck.  I'd suggest brimming the tank, wanging it around a bit on some corners, and you may find it comes back to telling the truth.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for that, but 100% it was flickering... put my mind at rest. Little St Bernard and Aosta run tomorrow, so it will get some biff to "Matt Munro"....

Just love this forum.... so much help at hand!!!!

Cheers

Mark

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

wanging it around a bit on some corners,

:lol:

Best advice ever! Red rag to a bull :D

28 minutes ago, auRouge said:

exactly what I’d do in an A320 too

:D

• Like 1

The white fuel pump is just to show you that the bars are your fuel gauge.

The orange light comes on when your running low.

I don't know what the 120 is though  

Steve. 

Edited by C7steve

As said above, the white guage is just there to show that it is a fuel display. The flickering means either the illumination behind is dying, or may have just beeen a reflection from sunlight. 

The rear lights are not connected to the CANBUS, no worries there. They can however show a fault or even confuse teh DSP if their resistance is wrong (known issue with the Tranforged ones - see GF Williams discussion on this).

Finally, the 120 is for the Gulf States markets where an alarm light is seemingly required by law if you're driving above 120 (i believe its Km/h)

Update. A bit of biff over the little ar Bernard and all back to normal 👍😬

just want to say THANK YOU for all the replies and help!!!

As I said earlier..

GREAT FORUM ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

Another issue... DPM light on a few times. Only happens when starting the car. Didn’t notice initially until I went to put the car in Sport mode and found none of the buttons responded and the warning light was on (squiggly icon). Pulled over after 10 mins and restarted and all fine. Another thing too in that the car has died a couple of times after starting. Not impressed reallly 2500 miles on the clock...

However I now have muscles like Garth, All the really tight turns...

cheers

Mark

I had exactly the same issue this year. Got my brake light switch replaced and now the problem is gone. 

Try this as a temporarily solution: press the brake pedal while starting the car. 

5 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

DPM light on a few times. Only happens when starting the car. Didn’t notice initially until I went to put the car in Sport mode and found none of the buttons responded and the warning light was on (squiggly icon).

Edited by ArthouseCompany

@ArthouseCompany Brilliant, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

cheers

Mark