Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
"Hopeless" Exige 350 Sport - Page 2 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

"Hopeless" Exige 350 Sport

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

So, my car is finally ready (almost) and I am absolutely pumped to collect it early next week. Fully report will follow in due course but I am hopeful that the major upgrades will be great and that the minor niggles will have been sorted.

I happen to see that there is a Javelin Trackday at Snetterton next Sunday 9th. Never done Snetterton and hear good things about the 300 layout so am very interested in going along. Anyone else thinking of attending?

Will noise limits of 105 static and 92 drive by be a problem for a bog standard 350 with the KT370 carbon air intake?

Is it a bad idea to take the car on track immediately after fitting a new clutch??

• Like 1

Happy days. I'm dropping mine off to H111 tomorrow for its winter TLC so if you want I can do some full-bore launches to get some bedding-in done :-)

Honestly, you'll be ok just getting a token amount of road miles under your belt to get an initial bedding done,  and infact H111's  pre-handover road test will undoubtedly have this covered so you're good to go.

Snett 300 is fantastic, you'll enjoy it. I don't foresee any noise issues for you. I'll be interested  to hear how you get on with the Quaife.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

92 drive by be a problem for a bog standard 350 with the KT370 carbon air intake?

This may be a bit of a challenge, I've been hitting 97-98dB drive by in Goodwood without short shifting. Just go one gear higher and hope for the best.

On 30/11/2018 at 16:34, Mattmahope said:

A very kind offer, but I think I’ll pass!!

What does winter TLC entail?

Car looks good!

Just service and MOT and having a couple of small issues attended to. If I got my act together I would have had the front-end re-PPF'd, but that'll have to wait for another time.

• Like 1

Car collected from H111 this afternoon and firstly I must thank @Hangar 111 for a truly excellent service.  My first experience with them and certainly will not be my last.  Top marks to Dave, Marianne and team. Thank you.

List of main works completed:

• Fit Evora 400 clutch/flywheel
  • Inspect gearbox and replace worn selector fork
  • Install Quaife LSD
  • Fit EX370 kit (carbon air intake and remap)
  • Install 60l fuel tank
  • Fit battery isolator in boot
  • Reset geo
  • Year 3 service

Will try to post a few pictures when I have a moment.

Not really able to provide too much feedback from the two hour drive home, but a few initial observations.  New clutch is a major improvement over my old one.  Much lighter, smoother and less rattle.  Will be taking some time to bed it in as carefully as possible, which probably means sitting out the Snetterton track day I was hoping to attend on Sunday sadly on advice from Dave.  But there will be another one - possibly as early as the following weekend.

The geo reset has also really helped.  Car feels far more accurate and lighter on its feet.  I haven't tested the LSD at all as yet, but the good news is that there is no immediately obvious detrimental impact on handling on the road.  Car turns in nicely, grips and goes.  Magnificent.  Looking forward to getting it out on track asap.

The EX370 kit is terrific!  The car definitely feels more eager and really rips through the revs with a lovely bit of supercharger whine. The lighter flywheel may help with that as well - the car has gained some extra fizz for sure, which is exactly what I was hoping for.  It really does feel plenty for the public road, at least for now...

Dave took me out in their demonstrator, which is a V6s with full EX460 kit fitted and JZW 1 one dampers.  The thing goes like greased weasel sh!t, that's for sure! The JZW dampers also felt good from the passenger seat.  Perfectly civilised on some rather rough sections of tarmac and seemed to give good balance when leaned on a little.  Dave and Marianne really rave about the JZWs so would be interested to hear any other feedback, since Nitron 3 ways are currently at the top of my wish list now that the above work as been done.

Finally, @Arun_D, very nice indeed to have a poke around your machine, which was up in the air with wheels off and Ohlins on show.  Looked great!  That wing is ridiculous and I love the steering wheel set up you've got.  Hope to meet the owner before too long.

• Like 2

Great to hear you're happy with the car, Matthew. I'm sure the chance to track-test the new setup will come very shortly.

Glad you liked my Cup, I wish I had a setup at home where I can get the car up in the air with the wheels off and just look at it! If you have any questions about anything, just give me a shout.

11 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Hope to meet the owner before too long.

Don't say things you might regret 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Car collected from H111 this afternoon and firstly I must thank @Hangar 111 for a truly excellent service.  My first experience with them and certainly will not be my last.  Top marks to Dave, Marianne and team. Thank you.

Dave took me out in their demonstrator, which is a V6s with full EX460 kit fitted and JZW 1 one dampers.  The thing goes like greased weasel sh!t, that's for sure! The JZW dampers also felt good from the passenger seat.  Perfectly civilised on some rather rough sections of tarmac and seemed to give good balance when leaned on a little.  Dave and Marianne really rave about the JZWs so would be interested to hear any other feedback, since Nitron 3 ways are currently at the top of my wish list now that the above work as been done.

Thanks Matt.

Small correction, dampers are JRZ...

http://www.hangar111.com/shop/lotus-exige-v6-suspension-steering/662-exige-s-v6-jrz-1-way-adjustable-suspension-kit.html

Dave

• 1 month later...

Lovely drive out into Essex/Herts this morning. Found a cracking coffee stop too!

Car feels fantastic although an odd clanking noise has developed at the rear. Sounds like something is a bit loose and it’s metal banging on metal. Will need to investigate further.

2256815B-21ED-49C8-BAC2-DEADBE947D1C.jpeg

1EFC4C0A-080E-41CE-97B4-94880C161F1D.jpeg

946A2B28-09C2-43BD-9527-F86D99E1E45A.jpeg

06F5CA4F-DB7E-42FA-97DB-42E704701D29.jpeg

• Like 1

The eagle-eyed may have noticed from the above pictures that I have had black wrap applied to the lower part of the front clam incorporating the “Pirelli” logo. I am very pleased with how it came out but appreciate it may not be to all tastes. Limits my tyre choice slightly!

Also the extremely eagle-eyed can see that I have had the Schroth harnesses mounted on both driver and passenger side. I didn’t give selecting the harnesses a great deal of thought and just left it to BoT to source and install. The versions that were fitted are the “twisty knob” type rather than push-button. I’m fine with that but just wonder if they would be road legal without seatbelts?

Hypothetical question only at the moment since I have retained the standard seatbelts, primarily in case I didn’t like the harnesses for road use. I love them but my wife hates them!

38 minutes ago, Mattmahope said:

The issue is the same driving in or driving out, so don’t think reversing would help!

Reversing so the front wheels are at full turn as they approach the kerb will heighten the front......or alternatively approach the kerb side on and then reverse in at 90 degrees or.....drive up on to kerb with one side of car so front and back wheels are on the kerb and reverse turn in? Or use another car park.......or buy a Porsche😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Also the extremely eagle-eyed can see that I have had the Schroth harnesses mounted on both driver and passenger side.

@ Mattmahope:
Maybe I am not eagle-eyed enough, but to me it looks like your harnesses are not mounted correctly. The shoulder straps with the yellow ASM labels should be used on the inboard side of the car. These labels cover the ASM cartridge. You might have a look at the fitting instructions of ASM Schroth harnesses, for example: ASM instructions

On page 16 it says:
Separate SCHROTH asm harnessbelts are supplied for the left and right sides. Black asm cartridge must be on the inboard shoulder strap when system is installed (see illustration). Never install belt on wrong side of vehicle. System will not function properly in an accident and serious injury or death may occur.

I personally think it is not THAT dangerous, but I am sure you would do yourself a favour by exchanging the shoulder straps of driver and passenger sides. With the ASM straps mounted correctly, in an accident the upper bodies of driver and passenger tend to turn away from each other. The way they are mounted in your Exige increases the risk that upper bodies and/or heads of driver and passenger collide in a car crash.

Regarding the wooden boards you are using: At least they look better than the ones I am using to drive in and out of my garage. 😉

14 minutes ago, Ulli said:

On page 16 it says:

Sorry, page numbers of this documents are somewhat strange. It is page 10 of the pdf, which has no printed page number.