Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
"Hopeless" Exige 350 Sport - Page 5 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

"Hopeless" Exige 350 Sport

At last! Some small progress to report. The TVS1900 kit ended up being massively delayed in shipping from Australia and only finally arrived at Komotec last week. Daniel and team are still working at the moment but running a reduced staff and hours for obvious reasons, so work on my car is also delayed. However, the car went into their dyno yesterday to do some baseline running and mapping to fix some of the bugs before they install the kit. Should provide a useful point of reference to compare to once the kit has been installed.

00EA3A36-E0BF-484A-8426-AB934C670B8E.jpeg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad its moving! Suddenly thought of you last night when I was doing bits on the car that you're is stuck in another country and at least I could still do stuff to it-  hopefully you can get it back sooner rather than later 😀

• Like 1

So excited by this!!!! Also shows how Komotec direct can literally provide any option to the market ... Great news Matt and hope this pandemic finishes soon so you can get a season out of this beast!!!

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...

After what feels like an absolute age (my car has been in Mendig since mid January), the new TVS1900 kit is finally installed!  I am really pleased with how it looks in the engine bay from the the limited pictures I have.  And it certainly does the numbers on the dyno - 493hp and 523NM of torque.  The kit is capable of plenty more but we have kept to reasonable levels to avoid the need for forged internals and gearbox work at this stage (at least hopefully!).

My biggest concern is that the clutch will hold up.  I fitted a new Evora 400 clutch in October 2018, which seems to cope fine with the EX460 kit, although mine has around 50NM more torque, so will be right at the limit.  I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on alternative clutch options from anyone running big power/torque on their cars.  From my research it looks like Exedy and XClutch are the two obvious candidates, although finding a clutch that is able to deal with track driving and that much torque (and potentially more in future) on one hand, while also having good road manners on the other hand, might be a bit challenging.  I couldn't help but notice that Exedy do a very tasty looking carbon option, although I remember all those tales about the Carrera GT's clutch when that was released and not sure I fancy having to warm it up each time I start driving! Still pretty cool though...

http://www.exedy.co.uk/products/mt-sports/hyper-carbon-d

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

The install looks interesting, I thought the CC TVS1900 needed the slatted carbon hatch for clearance?

I have the standard 350 Sport slatted hatch which is fine.  The Harrop CC TVS1900 doesn't sit quite as high as other charge cooled versions since it doesn't use a sandwich cooler below the supercharger.  I think it may even fit under the standard S glass hatch, but I'm not certain about that.

Great numbers there. Love the idea of switchable maps to the track and on the track. 
I was booked in with Komotec pre virus, for their 490 package (using the 410,430 supercharger unit). Would be interested to hear your reasoning on opting for the 1900 unit and price differences. When I contacted Hoffman’s, just supplying the unit was pretty hefty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W31SSN said:

Great numbers there. Love the idea of switchable maps to the track and on the track. 
I was booked in with Komotec pre virus, for their 490 package (using the 410,430 supercharger unit). Would be interested to hear your reasoning on opting for the 1900 unit and price differences. When I contacted Hoffman’s, just supplying the unit was pretty hefty. 

The main reason is that if I wanted the 410/430 supercharger unit, I would have bought a 430 Cup!

My Exige is very much a personal project car.  I have done all the work in stages and tried to always go for the "best of the best" option wherever possible.  To my mind the Harrop TVS1900 supercharger is the best unit out there and gives me flexibility to go for even more power in future with forged internals etc.  My installation takes the best bits of the SSC kit and the best bits of the Komotec kit (plus a Zircotec-coated full 2bular exhaust) and puts them all together in one car!

3 hours ago, Markymark said:

That is going to be a monster.

Would be great to get some V box acceleration figures say 100-200 km/h with that much torque

Anyone got a spare a Vbox they can lend??

2 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Anyone got a spare a Vbox they can lend??

I haven't moved on my AiM Solo 2 yet after getting the MX2E dash. It can do performance stuff in addition to track datalogging.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mattmahope Hi mate, So happy for you. I think I said a while ago after my upgrade, the KT are just fantastic, really customer focused and their kit is as you say, OEM or better. I was really impressed when I went, and given your experiences just confirmed what I have always thought, that for an expensive upgrade such as this its the only place to go.

Interesting re your low throttle openings, the Ex460 is exactly the same when starting from cold and needs say 1/2 mile to settle down (i.e. the engine to warm up) but after that is perfect. I did the Alps in mine last year and your right, the cars just rip through the gears... and the howl Is beyond belief 👍👍

cheers

Mark

ps you now need to get hold of Dan to make up the front and rear decals, they are exact as I sent him a template when I did mine. His work is first class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

@Mattmahope Hi mate, So happy for you. I think I said a while ago after my upgrade, the KT are just fantastic, really customer focused and their kit is as you say, OEM or better. I was really impressed when I went, and given your experiences just confirmed what I have always thought, that for an expensive upgrade such as this its the only place to go.

Interesting re your low throttle openings, the Ex460 is exactly the same when starting from cold and needs say 1/2 mile to settle down (i.e. the engine to warm up) but after that is perfect. I did the Alps in mine last year and your right, the cars just rip through the gears... and the howl Is beyond belief 👍👍

cheers

Mark

ps you now need to get hold of Dan to make up the front and rear decals, they are exact as I sent him a template when I did mine. His work is first class.

Thanks Mark! As you know, you were certainly part of the inspiration behind my trip.

Can you share some pictures of your decals please?