free hit
counters
Oil pressure and temp sensors - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
LotusFella

Oil pressure and temp sensors

Does the v8 have these as they’re not showing on my obd2 app?  If not anyone added them and got any info on how to do it?

thx

chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I haven't finished, but added a dual oil pressure / oil light switch.  It was VDO stuff and I wired it to the existing dash light for low oil pressure.  To be honest life got in the way of me putting the wires for the oil pressure gauge in the cabin and the other issue is where to put a small VDO electric oil pressure gauge that looks OK?  Whats the best place to run the wires into the inrterior?  The cubby hole below the radio is really not big enough for the guage???  I did confirm that the dual oil pressure sender does work as I hooked up the guage without installing it.

Thanks Mark

I was hoping it could be connected to the loom so I can get the info via the ecu and obd2 Wi-fi

Hello Chris

'96/'97 V8s have a directly driven oil pressure gauge from a block transducer, there is no ECM connection or data available from this. This was deleted on '98 on models.

There is an oil temperature sensor on '98 on models (although my '96 appears to have been fitted with one) but as that post explains, there isn't any documentation or wiring diagram that includes what it is connected to. I doubt very much that it ECM connected and that it is a switch that illuminates the coolant warning light directly if the oil temperature goes higher than a preset.

There is no OBD data for any oil parameters as the ECM doesn't need to know about them and is not wired up anyway. Sorry!