free hit
counters
Oxygen sensor - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

I have changed my exige v6 exhaustsystem and de cat for track ues but i have check engine signal on and the one which shows default is the rear sensors My question dose this oxygen sensoraffect the car performance? Because i don't mind if i is on unless it's affecting the car performance Is there a way to solve the problem

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Hussain,  I recently had a rear O2 sensor fault code and although the car was drivable, it certainly wasn't operating 100%. The actual sensor was fine but the active fault code made the car no

If you have no cat at all, you won't win the battle, and will likely lose power anyway.  Fit a sports cat. Dave

I have the komotec sport cat. All good so far. 

Hi Hussain, 

I recently had a rear O2 sensor fault code and although the car was drivable, it certainly wasn't operating 100%. The actual sensor was fine but the active fault code made the car not quite what it was before the light came on. I suggest you need to find a way to trick the car into thinking the cats are still present and clear the code.

• Like 1

Hi

Maybe I should consider sport cat after all 😁

On 01/09/2018 at 02:50, Arun_D said:

Hi Hussain, 

I recently had a rear O2 sensor fault code and although the car was drivable, it certainly wasn't operating 100%. The actual sensor was fine but the active fault code made the car not quite what it was before the light came on. I suggest you need to find a way to trick the car into thinking the cats are still present and clear the code.

22 hours ago, Hangar 111 said:

If you have no cat at all, you won't win the battle, and will likely lose power anyway.  Fit a sports cat.

Dave

Maybe I should consider a sport cat after all 😁

Any suggestion on which one is the best 

Is Larini sport cat good enough?

I have a 2Bular system and sports cat on my Elise. It had the engine warning light and codes were showing issues with the post cat Lamda sensor

when I bought the car a previous owner had put in an electronic add on to fool the ecu but this did not stop the engine light and the same code being thrown.

i have since removed this and added a Lamda sensor extender 90 deg bend off fleabay for £10 (stainless not mild steel)

this has now solved the issue with the fault code and warning light 

cheers

Edited by Dirk.Diggler
  • Like 1