free hit
counters
Changed my mind ....sorry - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Changed my mind ....sorry

cbclotus

Guys well after taking Mrs b  out for a spin with our hound in the car .Dog not happy .mrs not happy .So my car will be up for sale again along with the Marcos ...our daughter has moved out so will not leave the dog and go for a spin .So back to plan b.buy a convertable with room for the hound .I really enjoy the forum and I get that you all might think make your mind up lol .But I will advertise in the morning Mike

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

yes I get that Paul .But  I spend every minute of my time when not at work .with Mrs b and the hound .apart from when. We have been working  on the car which feels like a lifetime ....My Mrs has put up with a lot ref cars over the years .There is no room for the hound in the car it's also quite noisy  with the v8 just behind you .Being honest I have not really bonded with the car . Mike

I understand where your coming from Mike.  We recently got a rescue dachshund and our whole lifestyle has changed to suit the dog.  Different holidays, different cars etc.

good luck with whatever you chose.  My wife puts the dog on the front passenger seat of her Boxster.....but that's no good to you unless you leave Mrs B

Thanks guys .the hound likes tvr Tasmins .covertable roof where you can leave up the rear section .so it will be another tvr or a Jensen Healey that's up and running  with no work needed .just going to put a ad up later .....Mike

13 hours ago, cbclotus said:

yes I get that Paul .But  I spend every minute of my time when not at work .with Mrs b and the hound .apart from when. We have been working  on the car which feels like a lifetime ....My Mrs has put up with a lot ref cars over the years .There is no room for the hound in the car it's also quite noisy  with the v8 just behind you .Being honest I have not really bonded with the car . Mike

My wife and I have an agreement... she spends hundreds on shoes and I spend thousands on cars :)

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• Gold FFM

Must be a though choice Mike, after all the effort to get the car on the road... But we all have to make compromises.

How about a Triumph Stag? Lovely V8 (despite being a fan of the Rover V8, I think the Triumph engine suits the car better), plenty of room for four-legged friends and not too windy if you leave the windows closed.

Best of luck whatever you do!

Filip

PS: I think I speak for all when I say you'll always be welcome on TLF as a multiple Esprit owner. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi Filip.Thanks yes like stags .had a mark 1 early twenties .long time ago .yes tough .But not a lot of fun dog freaking out no where to sit .not much fun going out on my own without Mrs B.so if and when it sells I will be on the lookout .Mike