free hit
counters
Hello From Berkshire - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello From Berkshire

Katie

Hello,

I guess I'm doing this all the wrong way around....as I have made numerous postings before getting around to introducing myself as a Newbie. But I usually do do things the wrong way around and friends describe me as being incapable of running a bath without all hell breaking loose.......

Anyway, Katie here. I attended my first LEF event last weekend at Heythrop. Absolutely brilliant experience and wonderful fun to be part of an Esprit convoy. I have posted in the events forum on Heythrop too.

My partner posts on here occasionally, he's been a member for awhile.....screen name JBF.

We have an EspritV8 and love it to bits. Had an EspritS4 prior to that.......it met a grim end and we don't mention it......that was a bad evening :lol:

I know nothing of the workings of Esprit's, just a keen admirer/enthusiast/driver, and keen to attend many more events.

You're a great crowd; friendly, fun and welcoming.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to a great forum Katie! Lots of friendly folks here alright with a tremendous Lotus Esprit knowledge base and a great sense of humor. I've found it very helpful and entertaining.

Best wishes and a beautiful car you have.

From the other side of the pond,

Ed :lol:

welcome, thanks for the kind words , good to have another female around to help keep the testosterone on here in check

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

*waves*

Hello! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for the welcomes, this is such a friendly forum.

Okay, this is where any credibility I might have had takes a serious nose dive! JBF and me live in a rural area of Berkshire. We have had some white knuckle/hair raising/adrenalin inducing experiences driving the Esprit around the area when the roads are not dry. Our beautiful S4 ended up embedded into a Scott's Pine.....total write off.....JBF...Not so much as a scratch or mark on him, which certainly convinces us of the safety records of Esprits when push really comes to shove.

So, the V8 is saved for Summer months and we really don't drive when the roads are wet. Last weekend at Heythrop was exceptional to be out in wet weather. But, I do think there is a difference with summer wet roads and winter wet roads with the tyre temperature being critically more favourable.....did not fish-tail once!

A few months ago the time came to renew my 'day to day/queueing on the slip road to get on the M4' car. I have test driven an Elise and of course found it thrilling. But on a day to day basis, covering some long journeys, spending upto an hour in traffic morning and night, I decided it was not functional or comfortable; it's stripped down inside for a reason and queueing is certainly not one of them! THis is where things get decidedly female.......there is no mirror for applying make-up, and the 'boot', a term I use to describe this 'space' decidedly loosely, would not cope with a shopping trip. Added to that, despite having a well padded rear end (me, not the Elise) the seats are like sitting on hardbacked books. So, I opted for the '06 model of the MazdaMX5.....wondering if there is a filter on here to remove such words!!! Soft top version, and has absolutely exceeded all expectations. It's a cracking drive; sure, it will never have the thrilling pull of the Elise or its distinctive body curves, but I love it. JBF has also been very surprised by its performance. I am wondering what other people like to drive when not in the Lotus, particularly female forum members.

I am wondering what other people like to drive when not in the Lotus, particularly female forum members.

Hi Katie,

Welcome to the Forum. You may find the answer to your question here:

http://www.glcforum.com/esprit/forums/inde...opic=680&hl

I was in the Metro GTi at Oxford, so that answers the question of what else I drive I guess :yes .

Martyn :thumbsup:

Hi,

Keep your eyes on the 'This is the I'm up for a hoon thread (southern divsion) - GT3 Jonny in Reading, I'm in sunbury on Thames, Cliff and Wayne down the A3. Oh and the weather...

When the sun shine we'll make some hay...

Regards,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Kate, I bought my wife an '06 Maxda MX5, and it's her everyday driver. She LOVES it. And on that rare occasion when I get to drive it, it's a hoot! Very well balanced, light, perfect steering, and predictable. One of the most fun cars to drive in my opinion. Very livable.

My daily driver is a 528i BMW wagon. Suits me well as I like a car that handles well, is comfortable, and still has cargo space.

But the Esprit Turbo puts the grin on my face that takes a while to get rid of. And that's true even when it's just standing still in the garage. They are beautiful rolling sculptures.

Ed

Katie, my other half does not post on here but she did own, until last year, a sport 350, you will have seen it last week at Oxford , Mike Ring owns it now, she currently drives a BMW 330 and a Isuzu Trooper which also goes off road, she hopes to buy later this year ( when we finally sell our old house) a Lotus Exige S

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Fantastic, good for her! I like the look of the exige, but am put off that the roof is fixed......unless there is a newer model with air intake somewhere else and now the roof does come off! I/we definitely wanted one car that had that really open feeling about it.

Another BMW owner.....I rather rate them, my experiences of them anyway. We have a 535i with Schnitzer mods.....it had 'bad boy' upgrades when we got it! It is also V8 and can really shift for a larger car. It's a solid, reliable, easy drive, and extremely comfortable too. Just rather thirsty on fuel!

katie

Firstly welcome. I wasn't at the last LEF do so I missed you. Our meets are just superb and in a year and a half I have made some great friends on here.

Now thats out the way I have to apologise but....Mazda? I mean it's not like I work for the competition or anything!

Personally I'll never forgive Mazda and the MX5 for being partially responsible for ringing the death bell for the Elan M100! Thats why i joined Honda and have made it my personal aim in life to take every MX5 as a trade in for an S2000....and use them for crash testing!!!! :)

So, as I said welcome! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

My Mazda is unavailable for crash testing :)

There It is ......when it was all lovely and new and shiney. How could you possibly want to crash test that!!!! Apologies for same picture twice.....that I worked out how to upload one was something of a triumph. I was unable to work out how to delete the second!!

(Mod Edit) Allow Me! Second Picture removed! Matk

post-3539-1179668324.jpg

Edited by matk

Arggg!....Gaaak....choke.....Mazda......Sorry had to walk outside to see my baby, just for reassurance..... :)

IMGP2704.jpg

Actually, before anyone points out it's not mine but the companies.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Mazda, honda ,datsun etc whats the difference?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

hi katie and welcome

good job you never said toyota howard!!!!!!(misses doesnt really blend in) lol

my misses drives a veilside supra from japan 409.3bhp and engine hardly modded

by jap standards,,,,,sounds like a jet engine.

http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=ymfm3e&amp...&quality=70

Edited by karluk29

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Katie, Im caroline (troys partner), I met you the first time last saturday at Castle Coombe. It was nice to meet you and your cakes were great!

Just going to introduce myself as a newbie :)

So its all good!

I am wondering what other people like to drive when not in the Lotus, particularly female forum members.

Hi Katie - We "lunched" at Heythrop - good to see you again at CC. But I missed the Cakes!!!!! (pls dont let that happen again)

My alternates listed in my sig.....but the yellow Elan is really Fran's!

Enjoy your Jap toy...but make it a Lotus soon!

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Katie, sorry I am a little slow responding to your post, great car and glad your enjoying the Lotus experience. I am another esprit fan, owner of a Black 89 Esp Turbo for last five yrs. I am not a regular posting on here everyday but do drop in from time to time to see whats happening. I do the odd track day and do a little maintenance on the car myself, however anying major I hand it over am afraid ;)

Regards,

Kylie

350.gifNo.23