free hit
counters
Chapman, '72 and the Europa - Europa - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Chapman, '72 and the Europa

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Europa owners - never posted in this section before as an Esprit owner - but stumbled on this photo which I though may be on interest (unless its been seen before!) Colin Chapman (l) founder o

One of the JPS-livery Lotus Europa Specials.  Oatmeal interior, 5-speed gearbox and electric radio aerial.  Fabulous car then, and now.   Attached is an image of Colin Gain "working" on my c

When I went to the duxford show about 4 years ago I got talking to a bloke about the Peterson car. A normal chap who said it has been in his garage for year and he keeps meaning to restore it. Why did

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

On 04/09/2018 at 07:59, USAndretti42 said:

Not seen that before, either. Reminds me of the one with the Esprit and plane.

The car with Chapman is HNG 669L which featured in a few road test reports and Ronnie Peterson took it around Brands Hatch. Motor where they recorded a 0.60 in 6.6 secs.  The car finished up with Gold Seal Sports Cars, New Cross London before it was sold on.  

When I went to the duxford show about 4 years ago I got talking to a bloke about the Peterson car. A normal chap who said it has been in his garage for year and he keeps meaning to restore it. Why didn’t it take his number :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guy I used to work with has a nephew who has a Europa parked in a shed doing what cars do when they are parked up and left for a long time.  Despite knowing that the car is deteriorating, the nephew won't sell it to a good home.  The work numpty springs to mind.

In other news, I recently read that Gordon Murray how has a Europa and is enjoying it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 year later...