free hit
counters
Chapman, '72 and the Europa - Europa - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nello

Chapman, '72 and the Europa

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not seen that before, either. Reminds me of the one with the Esprit and plane.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

On 04/09/2018 at 07:59, USAndretti42 said:

Not seen that before, either. Reminds me of the one with the Esprit and plane.

The car with Chapman is HNG 669L which featured in a few road test reports and Ronnie Peterson took it around Brands Hatch. Motor where they recorded a 0.60 in 6.6 secs.  The car finished up with Gold Seal Sports Cars, New Cross London before it was sold on.  

When I went to the duxford show about 4 years ago I got talking to a bloke about the Peterson car. A normal chap who said it has been in his garage for year and he keeps meaning to restore it. Why didn’t it take his number :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I guy I used to work with has a nephew who has a Europa parked in a shed doing what cars do when they are parked up and left for a long time.  Despite knowing that the car is deteriorating, the nephew won't sell it to a good home.  The work numpty springs to mind.

In other news, I recently read that Gordon Murray how has a Europa and is enjoying it.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE