Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Excel chassis help - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Excel chassis help

I have an Excel chassis that I'm planning to put under my Elite. During the strip down I've noticed a couple of holes that look like they have been elongated or enlarged by a previous owner, or maybe they once held captive nuts that have been removed?

From the picture, can anyone tell me what the holes are/were for please? 

The picture is taken looking at the undersise of the chassis centre section, with the rear to the bottom of the picture. The holes are to the rear of the centre section. You can just make out the handbrake cables coming out of the chassis at the very bottom of the pic.

Thanks in advance

20180827_164617.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The exhaust hanger is still in place. You can see the remains of the rubber part lower down on the right hand side of the chassis as you look at the pic.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Not the rear seatbelt anchor points, they are on a metal frame that fits underneath  the moulding of the rear seats.

I think the 2 smaller holes are the for the front seatbelt clips and the larger holes are for the body mountings.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Front seat belt anchor points.

Should there be captive nuts welded to the chassis for the belts to bolt to?

Just wondering why someone would have drilled them out (badly!)

My chassis picture shows the two holes and the pdfs say how the body is attached and shows the two body fixing points which these are. My experience - don't expect anything to just line up - you have to make the best you can of what you've got using the manual as a starting point for negotiation with your car

Brian

BB_16.pdf

BB_17.pdf

BB_18.pdf

R&R063.JPG