free hit
counters
Looking for sun visors - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My headlining has suffered from water ingress decades ago and the hot Aussie sun. It is literally disintegrating as you touch it. I've removed all the headlining pieces and recovering them is not a problem, but the sun visors are.

Does anyone know of a set available? Mine are black vinyl one side and what would have been some light colour on the other side. Obviously they came from some other car, perhaps someone knows which one as it would be easier to find them on an original wreck rather than a Lotus wreck.

Thanks,

Dave

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had my vinyl/cloth ones recovered completely in cloth when I  replaced our headliner materials.

Alternately, you could install Mercedes S class visors as a nearby owner has done:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/5232562-post629.html

You can SEARCH that topic for the exact fitment of Merc parts...

image.png.13ab4d52b46c37a41fc9ba542f54aaac.png

I installed a set of BMW 3-series parts (from a E36 series convertible). They look good and they are easy and cheap to get (ebay).

And they are easy to install, 2 screws is all you need.

Wolfgang

6 hours ago, deverett said:

It is literally disintegrating as you touch it. I've removed all the headlining pieces and recovering them is not a problem, but the sun visors are.

They all do that sir! Nick Fucher told me it was due to the glue degrading which kept the backing together? 

I just took my old sunvisors to Nick who remade them. Any coach trimmer should be able to fit new vinyl on the back and cloth on the front.

buddsy

I made my own using wire mesh and radiator backing foam which I then covered in a black alcantara fabric. Keeps the same fittings and shape but with a brand new feel/look.

Thanks for the great replies.

The insides of the visors are history too, so I will look into the alternate visors mentioned.

Dave

15 hours ago, WolfgangK said:

I installed a set of BMW 3-series parts (from a E36 series convertible). They look good and they are easy and cheap to get (ebay).

And they are easy to install, 2 screws is all you need.

Wolfgang

Do you have any photos Wolfgang?

I don't have a picture of them in the car, but here is a picture copied from another website:

BMW-E36-Cabrio-318i-328i-Sonnenblenden-s

Here are mine I had rebuilt with new foam inside.

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

I think any coach trimmer should be able to rebuild them.

buddsy

• Like 1