free hit
counters
S4 Window Problem - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S4 Window Problem

Hey guys, i am new to this forum and need some help. The passenger side window on my 95 s4 starts to cock in the tracks when i try to roll it down. What needs replaced and who has instructions for removing the door panel?

Thanks in advance,

James

Edited by James 95s4

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, i am new to this forum and need some help. The passenger side window on my 95 s4 starts to cock in the tracks when i try to roll it down. What needs repace and wh has instructions for removing the door panel?

Thanks in advance,

James

It a easy fix , the glass has come unglue from the track, I would take to locate auto glass shop. They have the correct adhesive. jp

welcome to the forum , why not post in the newby section and let us all know a bit about yourself and the car and where in the world you are, over 3000 esprit owners world wide on this forum, get to know us come to a meet etc

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I wasnt sure if they were just glued on or it was a roller. I do my own maintenance, just wanted some input before i went tearing into it in case i needed parts.

I will head over to the noob section now :-)

James

USAF!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i finally found some time to pull the panel, easy work. I have discovered that it did not come unglued but that the nylon piece that rides in the track and the regulator attaches to is split in two. i have looked in the parts book and i do not see this part listed though it is visible in the 11.02A section. Anyone know if this is available separate from the entire regulator ($$!!) assy? i cant stand it not working properly and am finally getting to drive the car!

James

The nylon rollers come as part of the lifting mechanism - all one assembly.

Now you just have to work out which other (cheap) car uses the same mechanism.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: i neglected to mention the cause of failure for the nylon part. the "grease" used on the tracks now has the consistency of glue, the lower track was never even lubed ( a good thing in retrospect). I have cleaned and relubed with a synthetic bearing grease and my windows now fly up and down compared to previous. Moral of the story, clean and lube your tracks before you have the same issue.

Those thinking the motors are failing would be smart to do the same prior to replacement.

i am still looking for the nylon piece, Lotus onlys sells the entire regulator assembly :-(

James

UPDATE: i neglected to mention the cause of failure for the nylon part. the "grease" used on the tracks now has the consistency of glue, the lower track was never even lubed ( a good thing in retrospect). I have cleaned and relubed with a synthetic bearing grease and my windows now fly up and down compared to previous. Moral of the story, clean and lube your tracks before you have the same issue.

Those thinking the motors are failing would be smart to do the same prior to replacement.

i am still looking for the nylon piece, Lotus onlys sells the entire regulator assembly :-(

James

James, Had the same problem on my GT3, So I ordered from the US at great expense a pack of five nylon rollers (WD9666748) as they didnt sell them singulary. They are not quite the same and are hard to fit. It was a case of warming the stud up on the window motor arm and pushing the slider on. As they were not quite the same (see Pic) I took the slider from the lower part of the door frame runner that doesnt move much and used that on the bottom of the window, then put the new nylon slide of the lower part of the door frame runner. It works well, I could only by the nylon slides in the uk from Lotus aspart of a window motor at

post-2373-1182593352.jpg

Paul,

You must have read my mid. thanks for trhe info on the rollers, i was going to find some myself and you have saved me the hassle. you made perfect sense to me :-) Guess its time for me to make that great expense you referred to and order a set myself.

Cheers,

James